Theme Park Discussion / EPCOT NE Meet Report

• Kumba%s's Photo
    As you maybe have seen in the SoCal planning topic I said I might meet up with JKay up at EPCOT. Well the plans held up and yesterday I went.

Going alone would have sucked (or at leased made it a little more awkward) so I made my sister go, and she brought her boyfriend, LeBron. Me and JKay swapped cell numbers last week when we had the idea of him going to a themepark while in Orlando for a conference. Traffic was pretty good till just after Yeehaw junction (yes, that is the real name of a redneck area in my great state...) there the turnpike became a parking lot. At one point I really had to take a piss, I tried the "old go in a bottle" trick, but I could tell there was more of a chance that would just make a mess, so I just opened the car door (My sister was driving then) and whent in the bushes in front of about 1,200 cars, lmao. Well anyways the jam was due to what must have been a bad accident, the cops had it set up like a crime scene and had blocked the left lane. That took about an hour out of trip time :(

Well anyways at around 4:30 we got to the park (we had planned to meet at 3pm) and I called JKay and we to met up under spaceship Earth. The 4 of us decided to dive right in and go to mission Space. I have access to Adix's work schedule and knew he would be there, or should be. So we get online and ready to go in, and I see a guy that works there (You can tell by the spacesuit) doing something technical with a fastpass machine and he kinda looks like the last picture Adix posted. "Andrew!" I called out. he responds to the name, a good sign it could be Adix. "Andrew Bates?". he nods and at this point I am pretty sure it is him and called him over. He seemed a little taken aback, but hey I did IM, E-mail and leave a message on his phone saying I would be at EPCOT on Sunday, so it's not like I was trying to surprise the guy at work. So yes, it was indeed the AmazingFlyingAdix! and we could not have been luckier to meet him!

So JKay and I were pretty happy to see him and told him who we were, and introduced the rest of our group. He seemed unsure if he'd have time to spend with us, but whipped out some custom fast pases
    and hooked us up with 2 "Up the exit" tickets for Test Track. After that we got back in-line, but then he tracked us down and said "Wanna see the ride controls?". We did. The control room was neat, he showed up how they view the ride and everything, he even pointed out a hidden Micky or two, as the control room is part of the Q theming and people can look inside it. Then he let us in on secreat about the "sleeping chambers" facade on the wall ;) then we snapped a picture of Me, Adix and JKay infront of the entrance to the briefing part of the ride. Adix took us to the front of the line and put us in section 1. The ride was pretty good, I liked the story line, however someone (who I will not name) in our party gets dizzy sometimes and preferred not to do the more intense version of the ride, so I will withhold my judgment of Mission: Space until I ride that aswell.

Next we decided to use our fast passes and go on Test Track, the best car ride ever! The ride was great. I think JKay would have enjoyed it more if he was not wearing a hat and trying to keep it on his head. So we did Mission Space and Test Track and then started to wonder what else EPCOT had to offer? Soarin? Ok why not, so we had over that way. I hear that on most meets you guys don't talk about RCT, but me and JKay did a good bit. It also did not really help that my sister and LeBron would walk about 10 feet behind as everywhere joined at the hip saying next to nothing. At Sorain JKay cracked me up, get this... "Yo, last night I went to that famous strip club in Tampa, Mouns Venus or something". "On I have heard of that place" I said "Get a lap dance or anything? and JKay says "60 minute wait", I react "Damn! No wonder that place is famous!". JKay, "What, no, I meant on Sorain", I proceed to crack up for a minute or two. Best misunderstanding ever!

So we were all kinda hungry and said fuck the 60 minute wait, we need food. After a lot of thought we decided on a buffet in Mexico. My 20 year old sister tried to make me buy her a margarita, but I knew that was only so she'd have an excuse do to do some driving on the way back. So then we ate, and beware the guacamole at EPCOT, it burned my lips and im pretty good with spicy food. After the food we decided to see if the line on Soarin had died down. At this point the temp got down to somewhere in the 50's, even JKay was cold as he only had a T-shirt on, same with LeBron. I was glad I had checked the forecast tho, I had a jacket on since I left Miami.

On the way back we used our last "Adix fastpass" on Test Track. I think this was peak RCT/NE chat time. Me and JKay deemed Xcoaster, Fatha' and Turtle the best parkmakers in the world and talked about Ryan's parks a good bit and there levels of ownage. I also pointed out a few things in the park that differ from RCT, like how we just about all put flowers on the ground next to our paths, something I can't remember ever seeing done so much (if at all) in real parks. Also when walking down a really narrow path I commented on how I felt like I was in an LL park from 1999. We did not talk about that many members, iris the most as I made my sister talk about her brief meeting with him. Thx to her I got NE, when she paid him by check at FSU where they both go to school. Other members we mentioned; Cork, X250, Toon, Emergo (with some concerns) ,Posix, Gymkid and cBass when we were with Adix. Don't worry we only had nice things to say :lol:

Once again we were unable to ride Sorain as it closed at 7, all of future worlds does (the area with rides!), so that pretty much ended things and with the cold we decide it was time to call it a day. On the way out I wanted to check out the living seas and we all went in. Now I know it's got a Nemo theme now, but did they really need to change it so much! I liked the old aquatic better. Anyways at this point we were put on a continuing clam car ride and I got to share a clam with JKay as any alternative seating would be fairly awkward for at least 2. Having never seen Finding Nemo and the fact that the ride was going like 8mph I was fairly board whille JKay looked exactly like Ed on it's a small world. It could have been worse right? What if we were going on Dudley-Do-Right's Ripsaw falls, where they have a sign in the Q reading "Gentleman curve your horses!" lmao!

So after that we made out way out of the park and said good-bye to JKay in the parking lot. It was funny that the very second I opened my car door and was about to sit down my phone rang with a call from Adix. "Hey you watching the fireworks?", shit I thought, we kinda totally forgot about Adix after he was nice enough to hook us up with fastpasses, but we were freezing and out of the park. Just now I also remembered that he said to maybe call him after our ride on mission space because it was near his lunch break, but we forgot too. If he feels used or something I would not blame him, I think I owe Adix a better NE DisneyWorld trip, one that he's a real part of, maybe someday, we'll talk...

So anyways, a big thx to JKay, my sister and LeBron for hanging out with me at EPCOT. It was nice meeting you Jeremy and it was fun talking to you in person and thx for actually laughing out loud at my jokes :p

And thanx to Adix for the hook up on EPCOT's best rides, that really helped us make as much as we could out of such a short trip.

Now we did get a few photos, but they are on JKay's phone and my sisters camera, so once I or JKay get them you can see me JKay and Adix at EPCOT.

Darren
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Heres a small crappy pic of me and JKay on test track. Im the one to the right, JKay to the left and half of my sisters head in the backround. Notice how JKay prepares for hitting a wall by putting his hand up :nod:

Posted Image
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Sounds like you had fun. And I only counted 4-5 spelling errors. Ahhhhhhhmazing.

Thought this was a good time to show off my new avatar :D .
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    not to be a PAIN IN THE ASS OR ANYTHING but why is this pinned?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah, JKay told me about this. Sounded like an okay time...
    -JDP
  • Kumba%s's Photo

not to be a PAIN IN THE ASS OR ANYTHING but why is this pinned?

New NE record for a Admin meet. Fatha does not count :p

On second thought your right, easy on the CAPS tho.

Edited by Kumba, 19 March 2007 - 04:56 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo

Sounds like you had fun. And I only counted 4-5 spelling errors. Ahhhhhhhmazing.

Thought this was a good time to show off my new avatar :D .

I heard if you put a Kumba quote in your avatar AND signature he'll give you a global mod spot!

Edited by Jellybones, 19 March 2007 - 06:02 PM.

• Ling%s's Photo
    hmm...
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

I heard if you put a Kumba quote in your avatar AND signature he'll give you a global mod spot!

No, that only applies if you're really bitter.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    You fail for not watching Illuminations.

JKay, I really hope you caught Illuminations. Even if it meant running back from the parking lot.

Illuminations = teh sh1t.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Zodiac, I was kidding, you probably won't really get a mod spot. But I admire your brown-nosing skills anyway. Nice job on the originality of that park name and slogan, too.

Zodiac, I was kidding, you probably won't really get a mod spot. But I admire your brown-nosing skills anyway. Nice job on the originality of that park name and slogan, too.

You got him good. High five!
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Then he let us in on secreat about the "sleeping chambers" facade on the wall

Intriguing...

The ride was pretty good, I liked the story line, however someone (who I will not name) in our party gets dizzy sometimes and preferred not to do the more intense version of the ride, so I will withhold my judgment of Mission: Space until I ride that aswell.

It was Jkay, wasn't it? :p

On the way back we used our last "Adix fastpass" on Test Track. I think this was peak RCT/NE chat time. Me and JKay deemed Xcoaster, Fatha' and Turtle the best parkmakers in the world and talked about Ryan's parks a good bit and there levels of ownage.

Yeah, every NE theme park trip needs a good “praise Xcoaster” session, just as it always helps to have a “make fun of Kumba" time :p. Seriously though, thanks for all the adoration.

I also pointed out a few things in the park that differ from RCT, like how we just about all put flowers on the ground next to our paths, something I can't remember ever seeing done so much (if at all) in real parks.

Yeah, this was something I pointed out in the DisneyAir topic:

"Another thing as rhynos pointed out is the landscaping. Those open fields on either side of the entrance could have been filled with beautiful flower arrangements that I'm sure the person who made a painted earth in space on the side of a building could do. The park, besides the centrepiece, was practically devoid of flowers, and I feel that they could have helped for the Disney feel."
    I'm kind of undecided on flowers. I definitely feel I could've made the park greener, but I don't know that flowers are the answer. I actually left those little spots mostly uncovered because I felt the park could've used a few more green open spaces. Flowers might've worked, though I have a few reservations about them. Aside from a few things related specifically to the placement of those two green spots, I don't know that Disney parks have as many flowers as everyone always seems to claim they do. Though this book seems to point to the contrary, it didn't seem like either of the parks at the Disneyland Resort had that many flowers. Maybe I just didn't notice them, but the areas that were closer to what I was going for usually didn't seem to have them.

Anyways, sounds like you had a pretty good time, especially for only being there a few hours. Epcot is is a nice park. Poor Adix though…
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

At one point I really had to take a piss, I tried the "old go in a bottle" trick, but I could tell there was more of a chance that would just make a mess, so I just opened the car door (My sister was driving then) and whent in the bushes in front of about 1,200 cars, lmao.

Kumba has done it again. :lol: Nice story. Your very lucky to do that. I'm not saying your lucky to do what it says above, i mean i think your luck to go to Epcot...whoops, i'm in trouble, heh.

/RCTCa\

Edited by RCTCA, 20 March 2007 - 10:34 PM.

• Brent%s's Photo
    hurray deleted posts with followed threats.

March: The official month of Kumba's Powertrips.

This is when Kumba should read his own signature. Because he can't take jokes and gets all pre-teen girly.

Edited by The Beta Factor, 21 March 2007 - 02:36 AM.

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I have no idea what happened, but I have to say that Kumba HAS been laying it a little thick with the admin threats ever since he became an admin.

Half the time, he's joking, but the other half I wonder...
  • Kumba%s's Photo

hurray deleted posts with followed threats.

March: The official month of Kumba's Powertrips.
    This is when Kumba should read his own signature. Because he can't take jokes and gets all pre-teen girly.

Brent, I don't want to ban anyone, but your really pushing it. You know I got a problem with you, but you say I look weird in that pic then say you want to see more of my sister? If I see anything else about my sister posted by you thats strike 3, you have 2 strikes atm, talking about my family is a very bad idea. Im really tired of your shit.

As for being on a powertrip? Maybe a little, if I get bad Cork usually lets me know. Honestly I just don't like you.

So Brent, my advice to you is to leave me the fuck alone and it can end here.
    So is your sister off limits for the rest of us, too?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Brent just add Kumba to your ignore list, or vice versa. Problem solved...mine has been filling up fast lately including bebop, rocksteady and the rest of the annoying f00t.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading