Music Forum / Favorite Album Covers

• Wicksteed%s's Photo
    sounds nice on youtube. got to listen to it in decent quality though. thanks!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Parrots<3
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Wow. I love colour.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Also another nice cover from Enslaved.

Posted Image
    Color. Trees. Melancholy. Amorphis!

Posted Image
    Also a pretty amazing cover from Alcest.

"MFG"
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms (1994 / IDM)

Posted Image

Black Flag - Slip It In (1984 / Hardcore, Punk)

Posted Image

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus (2010 / asshole music) * warning : nice cover but inside music sucks

Posted Image
  • Milo%s's Photo
    haha, that's cool you have Future Sound of London, pierrot

VNV Nation - Of Faith, Power and Glory

Posted Image
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus (2010 / asshole music) * warning : nice cover but inside music sucks

are you fucking serious? deathspell's the high water mark of black metal for me

also, here are my favorite enslaved/alcest covers:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • In Flames%s's Photo
    Mayhem - Dawn of the black hearts

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 4-8-Mayhem-Dawn-of-the-Black-Hearts1.jpg
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Airtime, love that cover and that album. U and I, sir, have similar music taste!

FK
  • pierrot%s's Photo

are you fucking serious? deathspell's the high water mark of black metal for me

Deathspell Omega is not black metal nor avant-garde. it's ridiculous. I've heard various black metal but this is full of shit and vomit. vocal just screaming like a mental-diseased faggot and riff has no structure and melody. their music expressed what is real chaos and noise.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Deathspell Omega is not black metal nor avant-garde. it's ridiculous. I've heard various black metal but this is full of shit and vomit. vocal just screaming like a mental-diseased faggot and riff has no real structure and melody. their music expressed what is real chaos and noise.

I've listened to a couple of their songs on this album and I agree with you Pierrot. It's not fucking music.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    listen to Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice. that record's a lot more dynamic. but just out of curiosity, do you listen to any grindcore, powerviolence, noisecore, etc? i listen to a lot of extreme music so maybe my ears are just accustomed to abuse

oh, and don't use "faggot" as a pejorative.
  • pierrot%s's Photo

do you listen to any grindcore, powerviolence, noisecore, etc? i listen to a lot of extreme music so maybe my ears are just accustomed to abuse.

sure, Agathocles, Siege, early Napalm Death & Terrorizer, Fear of God is my favorites.

oh, and don't use "faggot" as a pejorative.

yeah you're right, I apologize for that.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

sure, Agathocles, Siege, early Napalm Death & Terrorizer, Fear of God is my favorites.

this is why i had a pretty strong reaction to you not liking them, we usually have pretty similar taste.

Paracletus is the last album in a trilogy, and i'd definitely recommend the first two parts if you like black metal. a reviewer compared them to Melville and said the first two were Moby Dick and Paracletus was Billy Bud, and i'm inclined to agree with that. there's a lot more beauty.

also, the lyrics are genuinely some of the smartest lyrics outside of rap. they have a very intellectual theological bent.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Nujabes - Metaphorical Music (2003 / Jazz Hip-Hop)

Posted Image

St. Germain - Tourist (2000 / Future Jazz, Deep House)

Posted Image

Burial - Untrue (2007 / Ambient, Dubstep)

Posted Image
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies (1992 / Space, Psychedelic Rock)

Posted Image

Primal Scream ‎– Screamadelica (1991 / Electronic, Psychedelic Rock)

Posted Image
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Still such an amazing cover.

"MFG"
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Everyone Dies In Utah "Seeing Clearly" Posted Image

and

A Day To Remember "Homesick" Posted Image

Both Metal, no fire, no goth. Hmmm... I dunno... I like 'em.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Attached Image: media_httpimagesamazoncomimagesPB002F3BOQ4jpg_AzwzeuEhsmvgIgG.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Attached Image: 220px-Justasouvenir.jpg

Attached Image: smokersdelight.jpg

Attached Image: cover.jpg

Attached Image: thrill050.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: dustykid cover.jpg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading