General Chat / Xbox Games

• hobbes%s's Photo
    I'm looking into buying a few xbox games.
    Any suggestions?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Wait, regular Xbox or Xbox 360?
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    I'd definitely recommend Halo/Halo 2, which is considered a legendary game for XBOX.

Edited by Jazz, 29 April 2007 - 05:59 PM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    Well, I say Splinter Cell double agent. I only played the one on XBOX, and I thought it pretty. Graphics are top notch. :biggrin:
  • hobbes%s's Photo

I'd definitely recommend Halo/Halo 2, which is considered a legendary game for XBOX.

Games for the Xbox. Not the 360.

I already own these, and have beaten them both.
    While the multiplayer modes were/are fun, the single player is awful. Poor storyline, and not the best as far as action goes.

My game list (in no order):
    DDR Ultramix 1 and 3
    GTA III
    Fable The Lost Chapters
    2006 FIFA World Cup
    Amped 2
    Halo
    Halo 2
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Forza Motorsport
    The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
    Half-Life 2
    Winning Eleven 8

HL2 was great, obviously (despite my not beating it yet).
    I haven't gotten in to Fable or Morrowind too much, unfortunately. Forza I like a lot, but am stuck in.
    Both of my soccer games have awful single player modes, but are fun multiplayer.

I'm looking for a war game, possibly Medal of Honor -esque. I've played that before, and it was "fun." I wonder how long that would last though...
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I know its not the genre your looking for, but I would recommend Doom 3 and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas... two great games.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Call of Duty 3 man.....trust me, you wont regret it.
  • Jazz%s's Photo

Games for the Xbox. Not the 360.

Halo is for Xbox...
  • hobbes%s's Photo

I know its not the genre your looking for, but I would recommend Doom 3 and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas... two great games.

Nah. I have GTA 3, and I don't ever play it.
    I bought it for like 8 bucks, and even that wasn't worth it. Not my genre at all.

Jazz: I meant I'm looking for games for the Xbox, not the 360. Surely Halo is backward compatible though?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Is Guitar Hero for just 360? If not, get it.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    You HAVE to get Counter-Strike. The graphics aren't great but every other element makes up for it entirely.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I enjoyed games like Indigo Prophecy, Forza, Halo, Grand Theft Auto series, and there's a few I can't think of. If you're looking for a good single player game, I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy a lot.

And I know you just wanted XBOX games, but the 360 is a sweet gaming platform, with great games already out and tons more great ones coming out, especially this year. I dunno though... Plus, it can play a lot of older XBOX games.

Edited by Drew, 29 April 2007 - 09:20 PM.

• hobbes%s's Photo
    With college computer costs coming, as well as tuition fees and all that, I don't have the money for a new system. I can get the games for pretty cheap, especially used games still in good condition.

Keep the suggestions coming. :)
    Counter Strike would be interesting. It's like a prequel to HL2 isn't it? Is the original HL also worth it?
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    Guitar Hero II.
    [I went to every EB Games/Gamestop I could this week looking for this game and found that no one carried it. Then I went to a little underground, independent store down the street and they had it. What were the chances?]
    Reserve Halo 3.

Then sign onto Xbox live and add me as a friend..."iHeadbang"

Tehe.

Edited by BreakAway, 30 April 2007 - 12:49 AM.

• RCTFAN%s's Photo
    yes the original half life is worth it, counter-strike isn't a prequel and for the love of god don't get them for the xbox..........pc all the way
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Play Fable and Morrowind mate, 2 of the best Xbox games.

Then get an Xbox 360 and get Oblivion, Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero 2 and wait for Halo 3 and Fable 2.
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Hobbes: I also agree with you that the campaign and storyline of Halo is rather weak. That being said, I do think that mulitplayer makes Halo what it truly is. I believe it can also be used on 360 as well...

BTW, is it official that Guitar Hero II is being released on 360?
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    If I'm not mistaken, it has already been released. I'm pretty sure I saw it yesterday at my Best Buy.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Guitar Hero II has already been released for the XBOX 360, and it's not available on the original XBOX.
  • minnimee85%s's Photo
    Mercenaries was actually a pretty sweet game. Very gta style, but you do get a heat seeking nuclear warhead. No multiplayer though, which sucked...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading