Music Forum / From Autumn To Ashes

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    From Autumn To Ashes
    Holding a Wolf by the Ears

This is thier first CD after the lead singer was kicked out of the band. I think its a great new sound for the band and Francis Mark does a great job leading vocals. I feared at first that the band would not sound good anymore without thier singer, but I was proven wrong with Holding a Wolf by the Ears. Its a great CD, anyone else have a listen?

From Autumn to Ashes has four songs from Holding a Wolf by the Ears on thier MySpace page:
    http://www.myspace.c...omAutumntoAshes
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I can't listen right now, but they've got an intersting album cover, and a good name.
    Any comparable sounding bands?
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    To be honest, I'm not really sure who to compare them to. I'm sure Trav could answer that one though.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    MySpace lists them as "Hardcore/Emo/Rock".

Not my sort of thing. The whole 'screaming-so-loud-you-can't-understand-me-then-I-sing-really-nice-in-the-chorus' is so boring. The album name and title ARE pretty good, though.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Heh, it's not bad, but the screaming isn't quite my taste either. I love that cover however, and the name is quite good too.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah they're alright. But i think that screaming has to be backed up by some damn good guitar work (Bring Me The Horizon, for example) and i just don't get that from them.

Alright, but sorta gets boring fast.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Finally got the chance.
    I stopped listening after about 30 seconds.

Steve summed it up already.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading