Music Forum / Lostprophet Albums

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    I recently bought Lostprophet's oldest album, The Fake Sound of Progress, and I really like it. Since they have two other albums out, I was wondering what you guys think of those albums (Start Something and Liberation Transmission). Which is better? How do they compare to The Fake Sound of Progress?

Thanks in advance...
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    TFSOP was when Lostprophets were at their best. Although i do rate Start Something highly, tracks like Shnobi vs Dragon Ninja are just quality.

As for the new album, it does nothing for me. The style is a hell of a lot more 'poppy' and they were just better playing heavier stuff.

I think the material from the first album was really raw, it was really them! And now as they've changed, and tried new things, they've just lost what they originally were.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    If you're into TFSOP, the only song I'd suggest off of LT is Everyday Combat, which is about 5 minutes long, kinda upbeat, and one of the heavier songs on the album.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Get Start Something. They still retain a little amount of heavyness on that album but it isnt as good as The Fake Sound Of Progress but a lot better than Liberation Transmission.

I hope they go back to their roots for the next album.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I'd agree that TFSOP>Start Something>Liberation Transmission
  • Nic%s's Photo
    I hate Start Something. Really do.

Fake sound is easily their best album, but from what I've heard from the new album (live and suchlike) they've gone back to their roots a bit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading