Theme Park Discussion / The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    http://www.universal...tter/index.html

It's about time...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Awesome, now I can go to England and Orlando at the same time! :D

Any word on what they are going to build? I know a B&M flier was the word for a long time and wizards kinda fly and stuff. Also where they gona put it? IoA does not exactly have that much space, maybe it will replace Susse?
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    They're saying that it will replace part of Lost Continent, and then expand back on to undeveloped land. It's going to be pretty big by the sounds of it, although Universal are saying that it will be comparitive in size to the other themed lands at IoA.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    What the fuck. Where is my Jurassic Park Jeep Adventure. Fuck Harry Potter.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Anyone know of a real overview of what maaaaaay be in planning?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Like this? http://mugglenet.com...alpw_poster.jpg

Looks pretty awesome, I think I can clearly see a Flying coaster that may be themed to Quiditisck or whatever the fuck it's called. The castle must be an indoor ride of some kind. But now they will have two castles right next to each other? If they turn the D&D castle into Hogwarts id be be pissed, the theming in there is the best I have ever seen, Armour frozen to the celling by the ice dragon, need I say more?
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    That is going to be hell with that one entrance and exit for the entire area.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Not true. I am sure that you can just apparate!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ Oh no, apparation inside the grounds of Hogwarts is forbidden :p

The flyer will surely be Quidittch themed, and i heard that they wont be re-theming the DD castle, but Duelling Dragons will need to be 'altered'/ Let's hope that they don't do too much though, because DD is awesome.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Flying Unicorn better get the Ax tho, or seeing as in the books the Unicorns I guess it can stay and get re-themed I don't think the kids will mind tho :lol:
  • Silenced%s's Photo

Fuck Harry Potter.

• Ling%s's Photo
    I don't see why some people hate Harry Potter so much. Some say "it's because... well, it's just gay". And I don't think that's a very good excuse.

Edited by Ling, 03 June 2007 - 12:50 AM.

• tyandor%s's Photo

I don't see why some people hate Harry Potter so much. Some say "it's because... well, it's just gay". And I don't think that's a very good excuse.

Well, I personally like the harry potter world, but I'm very afraid they're gonna butcher the Lost Continent with it. Unfortunately I never had any chance to visit IOA, but seeing the photos of the area it would be my favorite. I just don't see HP fitting in there properly and getting it to fit would make some serious changes and I don't know if I would like those changes. I'm personally very afraid that they mess up the LC with Harry Potter.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ That's the thing, this new Harry Potter Area won't be within much of LC. Only the entrance to the HP area will be in Lost Continet (so i believe), so i don't think they'll 'butcher' it. Although i understand your concern, it would suck to see Lost Continent changed.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i liked the flying unicorn. :[
  • Ling%s's Photo
    ^hahaha... you're such a kidder, ][ntamin22
  • Highball%s's Photo

Well, I personally like the harry potter world, but I'm very afraid they're gonna butcher the Lost Continent with it. Unfortunately I never had any chance to visit IOA, but seeing the photos of the area it would be my favorite. I just don't see HP fitting in there properly and getting it to fit would make some serious changes and I don't know if I would like those changes. I'm personally very afraid that they mess up the LC with Harry Potter.

Werd. That's what I say.

And current plans have the entrance to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter right at the Dueling Dragons/Flying Unicorn area. Both rides will be rethemed to fit into the new area. It's been rumored that all of the skulls in the Dueling Dragons queue will be removed. Sad thing, because I enjoy that queue almost as much as the ride.
  • JJ%s's Photo

i liked the flying unicorn. :[

Me and my mum did aswell :|''''
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Sorry to bump a topic, but you can watch the LIVE FEED of the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando right now at:

http://www.grandopeningwebevent.com/

If you can't watch it now, you can watch it LIVE this Friday at 6AM.

~RCTCA

Edited by RCTCA, 16 June 2010 - 07:40 PM.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading