(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Marriott's Project Triple X - Resort Map

• RCTNW%s's Photo
    Hello all!

After many months of construction on the MMW map, the crews shifted gears a couple of months ago and focused on the construction of the second resort in preperation for the grand opening of MMW later this year.

Inspried by various work by the hotel guru himself, rwadams, South Beach Resort marks a first for me in a couple of areas and one I am very proud of. Plans for the third resort in the works and we hope to have it in place in a few months.

Posted Image

Official Website

Resort Map Download

Enjoy

James - rctnw
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Holy shit.

Amazing, once again. And there's still, what, 5 maps to go? The amount of little details you put in here is astounding, and the overall look is still beautiful.

Oh, thought this was cool, too:

Posted Image

:mantis:
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Whoa. That hotel is incredible. I am shocked at how good South Beach Resort looks in game. However, I still agree with Emergo about the pool and think that there ought to be a patio with more pool chairs.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Your hotel can be the biggest shit hole in the world, but if you don't have enough chairs at that mutha fuckin' pool, the guests will leave bad feedback at travelocity.com for sure.

I know this from experience.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ lol

Very nice addition, RCTNW. The colors worked for me, and the elevators were cool too. I would like more lounge chairs please. :)

EDIT: zodiac, you're so silly, its on the same map, meaning he still has six maps to go until he release MMW.

Edited by Gwazi, 03 June 2007 - 10:50 PM.

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    Wow, I love the wole website and the overall style of this multi-map project..
    You can't get any closer to pure realism than this imo..
    Great job James, and I'm looking forward to the next maps :D

SF
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    That is so nice :OMG:
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    zodiac - Thanks. I happen to like the elevators also. :)

Ge-Ride - For some reason I was thinking the patio chairs were glitching on me so I did not include them around the pool. Looking at the Lakeview resort, they didn't glitch at all. I will go back in and add them. Thanks

geewhzz - Indeed

Gwazi - Yes there are nine maps to this project however they are not being released in any particular order. I expect MMW to be the next "New" map to be released. There will also be updates to existing maps as they become available. Perhaps an update to MGA in a few months ;)

Six Frags - Thanks. I happen to like the website also although I'm running out of room.

Chrixz - Thanks and welcome to NE

James - rctnw
  • Ling%s's Photo
    *eHug*

wow that didn't come out right. Amazing park, RCTNW. As always :p
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    Thanks RCTNW can't wait to see more :lol:
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Can you re-upload this for me please? I lost it when my HD crashed...
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ there is a link on the first post in this topic (where it has always been)? Is it not working?
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Nope, sadly it isn't. At least for me its not.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    I'll have to talk to Becky at RCTF since I don't have access to upload it directly. However, it did work for me just now. Is anyone else having issues dl'ing the map?
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    works for me...must have been a slight glitchy moment
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Okay, it works, but now it says that the file is corrupt or invalid, so I can't open the folder anyway.
  • posix%s's Photo
    works for me too.
    you know what moments i love when looking at a park?
    those where i just shake my head as in "you've got to be kidding me, this is ... too much".

i just had one :)

rctnw, i remember planning a resort map with dual monorails everywhere like disney have them too but i never started the project. now that i see this i know i could never have done it as well as you have.
    my favourite part was the pool-monorail interaction. that made for such a good moment. also the design of the roads was extremly convincing. i consider roads to be very hard to make.
    the boarding platforms also impressed me greatly. very accurate and convincing.
    and what i told you before, overall you can feel just how easy this all must have been for you to make. it makes everything have great flow.
    i notice i begin to have something like a "favourite parkmaker" again :)
  • Banana%s's Photo
    :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Thanks again everyone.

posix - It's nice to hear the positive feedback and it helps to hear the constructive feedback also. What really makes this all worth it though is not the praise or even the awards (spotlight, SRU, RU or VP), it's having someone really understand and truly appreciate the meaning of the park or project. Even if it's just one person, it's all worth it.

Everyone has thier own style. It may take others a long time to find it but when they do and when it’s fine tuned, you can spot it a mile away. In my early years of RCT, I tried to take other styles and adapt myself to them. That was the worst thing I could have done. I found it to be more like work and not fun. When you build for yourself and yourself only, the game really explodes and you have fun building what ever it is that you build. That is where this project came from. Yes I think (and hope) people like it however if given the choice between a) everyone liking it or B) everyone hating it and 1 person who can relate to it on a personal level and appreciate it for what it is, I’ll take B any day. Building a road and street signs and monorail supports is just as much fun as building a coaster. That’s my style and one I plan on doing as long as I have ideas that I want to see come to life.

This could also explain the “Parkmaker” curse and why some of us have not lost that desire to continue to build. IMO, it’s possible that they perfected the style that got them the recognition however it was not a style that was true to the builder. Once that happened, there was nothing left to keep it fun or to keep the desire to continue. For me, Kumba, Emergo, and others, we have our own style that because it is so easy to build and put our vision into the game, we still have that desire even after the recognition. Again, IMO, Kumba and Emergo have such a uniqie style that they truly build for themselves and not the community. Look at DRC, that was so hit or miss with everyone. That shows me that he was not going for a look that pleased the masses. Emergo on the other hand is one of those Parkmakers that it all comes so effortlessly that it has to be a true style. No one can build that fast and with that quality to not be true to own style.

I know this is rambling and the short of it is many thanks.

James - rctnw
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I have one question: Where'd you get the energy :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading