(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Old unthemed layouts, if anyone is interested.

• Panic%s's Photo
    I was going through old files tonight and found some kinda old unthemed layouts which I have no intention of ever finishing. I've advanced well beyond them now, and I do find a bit of amusement in remembering how I thought these were totally money when I made them. I took out some things from a couple because I might end up using them in the future, and takeoffs on one or two of these might pop up sometime. But I don't want to cling to them because they are from a period in which I was god-awful at any sort of theming and thus whatever theming I envisioned surrounding them wouldn't be worth doing.

Download these only if you feel like watching a coaster run its course, sans theming. I guess most of them aren't terrible in that regard. The entire set probably isn't worth more than 5 minutes of anyone's time.

Enjoy. (?)
    http://www.filefacto...om/file/6586a9/ (LL)
    http://www.filefacto...om/file/ad46ab/ (RCT2)

(Download for free with FileFactory Basic)
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Loved all the woodies Panic. Especially the duellers. Its a shame you didnt finish them, they would look pretty cool all themed.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    ^What he said. Faboulous layouts especially the racer...:)
  • gir%s's Photo
    Damnit, I envy your landscaping abilities. Just incredible.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I forgot to say that these are all LL. Old RCT2 layouts will be up tonight, probably in track design format.

Also, people are welcome to use these layouts or take stuff from them if they want. I don't know why anyone would want to, as coaster design seems like the most fun part of the game to me, but whatever.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^So true.
    -JDP
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Ok so I've looked at a few of them and i must say most looked pretty awesome. As usual the woodies were pretty great and the duelers were boss. I'd love to see you make another attempt at some wooden duelers today. I like the beemer. For some reason I loved the position of the station. It is inspiring me to make one that is attached to a cliff. And as usual the landscaping where it was done was pretty fucking sweet.

nice job and FINISH SOMETHING please!

Oh and im glad King Henry or whatever that one was called wasn't in there. For fuck's sake finish that. You were getting close.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Here are the RCT2 track releases. A lot of these are even older than the LL ones. I have no idea if Mountain-Bahn or St. Helens will even open - they don't for me, as a result of my objdata collection being rather pathetic. I have my reasons for ditching all of these - the pacing could have been improved, I find the layout dull, or it would take way longer to theme than the layout merits as a result of sprawl. Overhauled versions of the first Lakeside Cyclone, the mine twister, or Pharaoh may appear in things I do in the future, but it is doubtful as of now; similar things have been done over and over again in the past by more competent parkmakers.

One of the items in this set may confuse or even anger some of you; Emergo should find it interesting. It is the only fruit of something I attempted as a challenge a while back with her polite permission, and all I can say is that I tried. Yes, the pacing on that one hill does suck.

Again, anyone is welcome to use any of these layouts as they wish.

http://www.filefacto...om/file/ad46ab/
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I haven't looked at the LL ones yet, since I haven't re-installed it yet. But I couldn't open any of the RCT ones. I don't have certain objects for each one (I think because I haven't gotten much custom scenery back since the HD crash).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading