(Archive) Advertising District / Crown Point Amusement Park

• hpg%s's Photo
    Hello everyone, I'm back again to work on my old project. Since I'm out of school now I figure I might actually be able to finish it this time.

Posted Image

-------------------------

Posted Image

-----

Posted Image

-----

Posted Image

-----

Posted Image

-----

Posted Image

-----

And two new screens:

Posted Image

-----

Posted Image

Any comments are appreciated.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Holy shit.... that is some cool ass shit man, gives off a great atmosphere.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I remember this. I like the look of the screens. Nothing is really too eye grabbing, but what you have there is elegant. Nice work.
    -JDP
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    oooh, i loved this. but you know, that woodie being all white just doesn't seem to fit it's surroundings so well.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah you should put an accent on that woodie. Nice atmosphere though, but make sure it doesn't get too cluttered in places.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Great screens man. I love every bit of it. With LL mostly being crazy detailed these days (points to self lol) it's nice to see a throwback to the older days. Please finish this.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I really like the look of that. Very pleasant feel to it and some nice little touches like on the suspended. The wooden screen is really nice-- i like the awnings a lot.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Ha. I remember this.

Still sexy. The woodie could do with some color--gray or brown on the rails, maybe.

-ACE
  • Carl%s's Photo
    The 1st and 4th screen are absolutely perfect! Whatever you did in those, keep doing it throughout the park. The other screens are nice too, but there is just something about the first and fourth, in the first I think its the coaster interaction and foliage, and in the fourth its the archy and foliage that are really very good.

Edited by ride_exchanger, 17 June 2007 - 08:17 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    incredibly classy.
    something's a wee bit off with the red/yellow flowers and tiny trees.. just doesn't quite work. it's sooo close to looking really good, but it contrasts just a little too much with the dark feel.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    The last SS is beautiful and the cover over the que is simple but classy. I never did understand how you all can make LL look so good. Well done.

James - rctnw
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    screens 3,4, and 7 are so beautiful. So much atmosphere there
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I love it all. That is some fantastic RCT.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Looks good, but im not sure about the dirt black path as a roof in some of those screens...

btw who made the logo? :p
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I think he's trying to resemble a tar and shingle roof, which are usually black/gray, and I think it works nicely here.
  • hpg%s's Photo
    Hello again everyone, sorry I still don't have an update for you. I've been much more busy than I expected the last week, I actually had planned on having this finished sometime this week.

I will be back to work soon though, and thanks for all of the comments so far. I've been experimenting with adding some accents to the woodie, but I'm not 100% on the color yet. I still think the white works well with the classic old woodie layout.
  • Tornado6%s's Photo
    Your park looks very good. I like that style.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I really like the queue line with the red covers over it....it's creative
  • gir%s's Photo
    I don't know how I've missed this, it's really cool. Your work is always brilliant; I remember your unfinished Hi-Rollers entry, which was just as good as this. Finish it soon! :)
  • Trajan%s's Photo
    That's baller as hell. You squeezed a ton of atmosphere out of nothing but old skool tricks and I'm really impressed with that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading