General Chat / Transformers was the shit!

• Trajan%s's Photo
    Transformers was absolutely beast city. I had more fun watching this movie than I've had watching any movie for quite a long time. It's one of those films that makes you feel like a little kid and you marvel at every transformation or bone-crunching collision you see on the screen. Go with your best friends and see it in a packed theater because you'll get caught up in the action and you'll enjoy yourself quite a bit.

Ironhide, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Ratchet, and Jazz are the Autobots who make appearances. Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Frenzy, Bonecrusher, Blackout, and Devastator (Brawl in the comics) are the Decepticons.

Paramount has already signed to make two more sequels to complete a trilogy and Shia LeBouf and Megan Fox (my goodness... what a beauty :wub:) have signed. Michael Bay hasn't signed yet but probably will and already has plot ideas for bringing in some of the lesser known Transformers to the screen.

Go see it, you won't regret it.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think the movie looks pretty ridiculous, yet I'm going to see it tomorrow. The only thing I noticed about the trailers that I liked was that the kid was wearing a Strokes tee. Hmm.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    I saw it...it was decent. Shia was great in it, as I knew he would be because I've known that kid had talent for a longgg time. Michael Bay sucks though, it could have been much better.
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    I completely agree with Trajan. It was an amazing movie. The only downside was the storyline. It was sort of meh.
    But yeah, I recommend it, highly. :)
  • Trajan%s's Photo

I completely agree with Trajan. It was an amazing movie. The only downside was the storyline. It was sort of meh.
    But yeah, I recommend it, highly. :)

Storyline, w/e. I went and had fun and I was so wrapped up in it I didn't even remember to think that the plot was completely off the walls. :lol: An on Shia... he's not a great actor but he's got good on screen charisma. He gets you rooting for him the whole movie and he's the hero the screen needed.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    I beg the differ, I suggest you try taking a look at some of his previous movies.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I want to see this movie so bad, but nobody I know wants to see it...
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    I passed on it to watch "Sicko." I'll see it over the weekend... I'm not that determined to watch it.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    transformers was the shit.

sicko is probably the best movie to go see right now.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    this movie looks fucking awesome.

seriously, what isn't there to love about giant robots fighting each other.
  • w33maniac%s's Photo
    Can't say whether I liked or didn't like the movie. Storyline could've fit at least 1000 other movies and all the other clichés just made it look bad. Characters were boring also and the "hacker" didn't convince me at all. On the other hand I like scifi and thus enjoyed the robot fights.

Edited by w33maniac, 04 July 2007 - 12:35 PM.

• Trajan%s's Photo
    Well, to be fair, the plot is based off of a comic book. In no way is it supposed to be convincing or even real, it's about the emotional ride it takes you on.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    i really wanna go see this move, but all my mates and even my girlfriend think im sad for wanting to. oh well, theres gotta be someone who will go see it with me.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i'll go see it with you marshy. it'll be a grand ol' time.
  • w33maniac%s's Photo
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

How am I not surprised :)
  • Trajan%s's Photo

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/
    How am I not surprised :)

I'm happy, dunno about the rest of you guys.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I just saw this movie yesterday and I thought it was awesome. But Im a fan of Transformers from way back in the 80's
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    It was decent ... I see nothing great in LeBouf, he was average at best ...
    On a positive note, I was pleasantly suprised; not the most refined movie ever, but certainly better than I thought.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Anyway, I just came back from Transformers. With Xcoaster and Ed. Bottom line: it was very, very enjoyable, but by no means a good movie. It could have been better.

When I watch movies, I watch them from two minds: (1) quality. a well made movie or not? (2) entertainment. did I enjoy it, regardless of whether it was cheesy, corner, stupid, smart, or whatever.

Transformers QUALITY: 1-2 out of 5
    Transformers ENJOYABILITY: 4-5 out of 5

This past week, I've been telling friends that if there was a movie Michael Bay can't ruin, it's Transformers. And I've also said that if there's a director who can ruin Transformers, it's Michael Bay. Well, the end result was somewhere in the middle. He didn't ruin it, but he definitely marred it. I think the movie could have been much better if someone else had directed it. It was so laughably Michael Bay, from the plot holes to inconsistencies to cut-worthy scenes to horrible dialogue to overall cheese that I couldn't help but be reminded of why Michael Bay just plain sucks.

On the other hand, it DID feature robots blowing each other up. In fact, the action scenes were the best part of the movie. If it had stuck to that and had somehow gotten the plot developed in 15 minutes instead of 45, it would have been amazing. Robots transforming = DROOL. The robots talking = DROOL. Optimus Prime impaling Bonecrusher's head with his arm sword = DROOL. Megatron tearing Jazz apart with his bare hands = badass. There were tons of scenes that had me going "OLY s**t THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!!!!" Gotta love people getting pwn'd.

Anyway, classic summer blockbuster. Mindless entertainment. Not a good movie, but I liked it. And ultimately, that's what counts.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

this movie looks fucking awesome.

seriously, what isn't there to love about giant robots fighting each other.

Where should I start.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading