Theme Park Discussion / 2 People Struck by Lightning at Holiday World

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    All I heard was that 2 guests were struck by lightning in a severe storm at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, IN. Apparently the Management wants to keep it a quiet secret, maybe because it could've been prevented. I don't know for sure. But I think that in severe weather which areas of the Southern Indiana region have been seeing, they should give out rain checks. But that's not their policy. Rather, they just shut down rides and force people to take immediate shelter in the nearest building they can find. I don't know about you, but that kinda ruins a fun day.
  • gir%s's Photo
    what place outside putt-putt/go-kart places give out rain checks, honestly? wtf are they supposed to do, it's the same everywhere else and i doubt they "force" people into shelter. i don't think you give the human race enough credit.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Theres not a single thing anywhere to confirm this, and youre an idiot as is confirmed by your argument that they should give rainchecks. So why exactly should I believe this?
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Um... what the hell are you talking about? I haven't seen anything about this. And rainchecks... wtf? I've never been to a park where they "forced" people into shelter during a storm (unless maybe a tornado was brewing). Plus how do you know what their policy is? Did you look it up?
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    really? i bet it was a shocking experience.

ok, exit stage left...i know.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Apparently the Management wants to keep it a quiet secret, ...

Reminds me of a story I read on a German board. A coaster in a park crashed and the park kept it secret. There is nothing you can find about it on the net, as the park deletes it, but this happened of course and many people died in the crash ... :rolleyes:
    That one was posted by a 12 years old aswell.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

Plus how do you know what their policy is? Did you look it up?

I don't know OLE... Maybe I work there... Maybe I have an employee manual that explains clearly that Holiday World and Splashin' Safari doesn't give out rain checks... Maybe everyone who isn't upper management has been whispering about for the past couple of days... You never know.

Okay, maybe they didn't exactly "force" people into buildings, but everyone was told (via PA system) to take immediate shelter. Plus, employees were out in rain jackets directing guests to the nearest building (bathroom, restaurant, etc.) Obviously anyone stupid enough to stay outside deserves to be hit. But, as I said earlier, if management doesn't want to talk about it, it may have been preventable.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Maybe you don't..... maybe you're just an annoying little prick who has no clue what the fuck he's talking about.

You never know.

And since we don't know... why don't you specify?
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Like the man, I am closing this until you show legit proof.
    Sry.

Raven-SDI

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading