General Chat / What was your last big purchase?

• Marshy%s's Photo
    What was the last thing you've purchased? You can post it here, but only big purchases count so don't go post that you've just bought a hamburger at McDonalds or sth.

Mine was a pair of wharfedale diamond 9 speakers, got them for £105 which i thinks pretty good:

Posted Image
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    LG Envy for my sister's birthday: around $300.
  • posix%s's Photo
    d&g.
    too much in fact.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    A new bat for baseball.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    A car cigarette lighter/converter head, some wire strippers/cutters, and electric tape. To fix my laptop's car charger. I think it as $40 or so.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    &
    Posted Image

no trade in either :( ~$360

Edited by penguinBOB, 14 July 2007 - 09:53 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    A printer/scanner combo thing. Actually that was only 40 dollars. Go Target!

I never spend big money. Unless you count the Wilco shows I saw (2 nights - $85 in tickets, $40 in posters, $30 in parking for the first night, $60 in bus fare after the second night, and $5 on a cup of Ben & Jerry's...jesus that's $220 but it was very worth it).
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Major guitar rig upgrades + putting together a once-trashed guitar for a friend (and a Fender, but anyway).

Power supplies for my petals: ~$65

Petals:
    Vox V847 Wah: $65 (used)
    DeArmond Volume Petal: $45 (used & ancient)
    Keeley Compressor: $220 (newed and expensive)
    Carl Martin Surf Tremolo: $80
    Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser: $80

So that comes to close to $500 in petals alone.

There goes my open house money... Well to that and Lollapalooza... Where Modest Mouse and My Morning Jacket conflict... I'm beside myself.

Ride6
  • eman%s's Photo
    New Zune.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    I must destroy Superman!
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    I made my big purchases for the year with my graduation money; an 8GB iPhone and a 2.2GHz 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Major guitar rig upgrades + putting together a once-trashed guitar for a friend (and a Fender, but anyway).

Power supplies for my petals: ~$65

Petals:
    Vox V847 Wah: $65 (used)
    DeArmond Volume Petal: $45 (used & ancient)
    Keeley Compressor: $220 (newed and expensive)
    Carl Martin Surf Tremolo: $80
    Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser: $80

So that comes to close to $500 in petals alone.

There goes my open house money... Well to that and Lollapalooza... Where Modest Mouse and My Morning Jacket conflict... I'm beside myself.

Ride6

GO SEE MY MORNING JACKET. THIS IS NOT EVEN A CONTEST.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    set of avo coilovers, adjustable suspension for my car £550...
    blew £50 on alcohol clubbin last nite does that count?
    £270 on a pair of bucket seats to go in my car..
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Well, seeing as though GTA4 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52476.aspx) are being released later this year, as well as MGS4, i'm getting closer and closer to buying a PS3.
  • eman%s's Photo

set of avo coilovers, adjustable suspension for my car £550...
    blew £50 on alcohol clubbin last nite does that count?
    £270 on a pair of bucket seats to go in my car..

50 on alch!? Makes me glad I live on the other side of the pond. ;)
  • Loopy%s's Photo

Well, seeing as though GTA4 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52476.aspx) are being released later this year, as well as MGS4, i'm getting closer and closer to buying a PS3.

So many people slag it off but to be honest, Ive had more enjoyment from it than the wii and the 360.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Yeah i really want one. I'm a bit bored of Wii's and 360's simply because most people have them nowadays, and in a way i want a PS3 to be different (as well the games that are being released soon). I was tempted by a 360 because of Forza and Lost Planet, and the Wii because of the fun you can have with friends.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Make sure you get Resistance: Fall of Man if you get one. One hell of a game.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Yesterday I saw a Wii for the first time in a store (I haven't really been looking, mind you), so I might get one soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading