Pro Tour 3 / PT3 Preview

• Kumba%s's Photo
    The following is a spinoff of the list iris did last year and it can be viewed here.

5Dave - A great darkhorse in this contest, imo could likely be this years X250 and jump onto another level of respect when it comes to parkmaking.

Beejer - Not sure if he will enter, but if he does we can expect a very interesting entry. Might place well if the judges accept his one of a kind style.

Blitz - If he did enter I think he'd place in the top 5 without a doubt, however I would say the odds of him being in this are 1 in 100.

cBass - Well, he won't enter, but if he did maybe he could become the first parkmaker to ever win an NE contest twice?!

CedarPoint6 - The latest NE Parkmaker and Spotlight winner, an entry from him is probable, although I am not convinced he has what it takes to impress the judges and rack up the type of score a winner would need. CP6 does have some good theming skills that not many people may know about. They might be needed for win to attempt a victory.

Corkscrewed - The reining runner-up who must have a chip on his shoulder after losing to Phatage by a mere 2 points last year. Sadly Cork seems to be moving away from RCT, but if he does enter we will be a big threat to win.

Coaster Ed - I don't think entering has crossed his mind, however if it did you may want to go ahead and give up as imo he's the best parkmaker. Ever.

Deanosrs - After so much time trying to get in after so many years I fully expect Deano to send in an entry. If he does enter I think he can make a respectable showing, however if he wants to make the top 10 he will need to clean up his style a bit so it looks less rushed.

DelLagos - Not sure if he will enter. Even if he does I would not expect a very good finish despite the fact that he is getting better it is to soon for him to take on these giants of RCT.

disneylhand - This years Xcoaster? Maybe, I really don't know exactly what to expect from him, but would not be stunned if it is amazing.

egg_Head - There is a good chance we will see an entry from egg, and if we do I expect it could place fairly high. He might might be this year's Steve.

Emergo - She says she's not going to enter, however I know she REALLY wants to. She does not seem like the type of person who lets anything stand in her way of a goal. Broken hands or not I think we may see an Emergo entry and it could place pretty high with her skill.

Evil WME - If he does enter id expect to see him make top 12 or so. His PT1 entry made #7 and Toon had almost picked it to win, so there is no doubt about skill, only how much he will put into his entry which I don't expect to be very much.

Fatha' - He wants the money, we have known that ever since he said it was his around the time of the PT's 1 & 2. But is the Grinch all talk? His recent actions say he's not. I expect the winning entry will come from Fatha this year.

FK-Coastermind - I got a feeling this guy could sneak in and place pretty high. His bridge entry was great and his Project Revolution mine entry was even better. An entry from him is likely and I think he stands a good chance at being on of the highest placeing non-NE Parkmakers this year.

Fisch - Showed some true skills and ability to a adapted with his custom scenery free design. With custom scenery on the other hand all I know is that he tends not to finish, however he is pretty hyped about his entry so I think he will show up with something finished and place respectably.

geewhzz - If he enters I have already stated that he's got an NE Parkmaker spot and I stand by that. I would put him in the same group as CP6, capable of making a great entry, just maybe not able to make a winning entry?

Geoff - Not going to send in a finished entry, his excuses have already started when he has nearly 4 months of time to work with. I hope you prove me wrong, there are many fans of your work and so far you have only disappointed them.

Ge-ride - Most likely to build an entry that makes you vomit, the guy is insane. I am looking foward to his entry big time. I know it will be totally outlandish, infact it may place near to last, but I still can't wait to see it.

Gwazi - The final person let in due to two designs that he made the bookend the Prelim period when he was having computer problems. I fully expect him to enter and do well with say... a top 20 finish. He's improving pretty fast.

Jazz - The guy everyone loves to hate. Last year he made the top 10 (#9) with a nice little entry that got some very unexpected love from judges natelox and Fatha. I expect he can place high again now that his skill has improved greatly.

JDP - Odds are he will turn in an entry. He is getting better and cleaning up his act, but I don't expect him to place high at all.

JKay - Seems since he's been released from the ball and chain JKay has been rendered drunk and unable to play RCT, so I don't think the JK-47 will be pumping us full of colored Toon blocks this year.

J K - HE could really make some noise in this. I expect a strong entry from J K and think he's got the stuff to crack the top 10, I mean I must be high on this guy after trading the H2H4 MVP for him?

John - Says he may enter and normally I would say 'yeah right, no way', but he did work in H2H's in the past and did an IAAPA 2 area that later became his Musette design. If does enter I think he will do well and place in the area of 15-10th place.

Kumba - I fully plan on entering with an idea that my Dad has been asking me to do for some time. It will be a very nice entry and I think it can place in the top 10, however it may not have the "WOW" factor a winner sometimes needs. Think a combo of my last two PT entries...

Levis - Most likely guy to drop jaws with some kinda hack no one has ever contemplated before. However other then amazing hacking skills and great ideas Levis does lack when it comes to execution and atmosphere, two things that might keep him away from the top spots, but I do expect him to do alright.

Ling - Another bottom feeder in the contest. I don't think he will come in last place, but he might land in the bottom 5.

Lucas92 - This guy has some nice stuff up his sleave. I still remember his Survivor 3 entry that almost won the contest. I think he can make a nice showing and place in the 15-20 range.

Magnus - Likely to enter. Along with myself, Levis and geewhzz it could be said that he has a bit of an edge having worked will the bench, but even with that and his now finally public NE Parkmaker status I don't think he can make top 5 with his style. I expect a very nice entry, but only in the 18-8 kinda range.

Metropole - Might be planning an entry. I know he has talked about it, but I have not seen him around much lately. If Metro does show up I think he's a safe bet for top 10 because he's got the goods.

MiFuNe - No idea what to expect from him, infact I am not even sure if he knows he's in...

OLE - The most likely guy to send in an LL entry. If he can finsh something I would not be stunned to see him make the top 10, he's got some reals skills, but sometimes he does not finish.

Peeee - I think we may see an entry from him. He managed to beat out some stiff competition in the steel coaster round, but I am just not sure if his simple style can take on the big boys.

Phatage - The defending champion and the best contester in the history of RCT. An entry from him should make top 3 without a doubt. The only question is will he enter? I really have no idea, but he should as almost every NE contest winner before him has defended their title including the extremely reclusive Mala.

PyroPenguin - He can enter, but I am not sure if he will despite his recent toying with RCT2. I think I can safely say an entry from the legend we call Pyro would place in the top 10.

RCTFAN - Can enter if he wants, and I expect he does, but at his best in 4 months I don't think he could put up 3 walls on a building...

RCTFanB&M - He's getting a lot better, but I do think he is a little outmatched in this contest. I think he might enter and place in the low to middle range.

RCTNW - With his massive Marriott project going James might not have time to enter. If he did toss his hat in the ring I would expect him to place somewhere in the middle because his style is not exactly the most impressive even if it does grow on you.

Ride6 - I think he will enter... Last year to everyones surprise he finished 4th overall and grabed an NE Parkmaker spot. This is his chance to prove that was not dump luck. I highly doubt he can do it again and actually think he could miss the top 10 if he slacks off.

Roomie - Unsure if we can expect an entry here. He was known in the past for inventing new rides and if he has any ideas this would be the time to let them see the light of day. If Roomie does join the dance I think he could finish around the top 10 with some type of great entry.

Six Frags - One of the fastest improving parkmakers at NE. In fact also one of the fastest period. He'll be in with me turning in a third consecutive PT entry and I think SF will be able to place pretty high, but he needs to take a few more risks.

Splash-0 - I am expecting an entry from Splash-0. Just with him I never expect anything really oringnal

Steve - Sadly I think Steve has retired. However if by some wild one shot in a frozen hell chance he does submit something... pinch yourself and you'll wake up... No, but if he does get something in it should make top 10.

Turtle - More likely to judge, but an entry by Turtle could turn the contest upside down.

Twisted - I don't think he will enter, but if he did it would place high.

Vekoma9 - He's good, but not that good. Odds are he will enter and the bad news for him is the odds are that he won't place very high.

Xenon - Another guy who got in on that RCT Majesty group SRU. Honestly something tells me we won't see an entry from Xenon, but I hope I am wrong because he is a pretty decent parkmaker and could land a nice middle placement entry.

X-sector - About as much chance of him entering as Ann Coulter becoming the first Miss America/Female US President. But if X-Sector does enter it would probably shake up the entire contest.

X250 - On my doubtful list for entries. Seems he's busy playing soccer and messing around with his hot g/f. I can't blame him, but I am selfish and would love to see my brother enter. An entry from him is a lock to make top 10.

Xcoaster - No clue if he will follow up what I know think is the greatest creation RCT2 has ever seen. If Xcoaster compleats an entry I will be filling out a check with his name on it for a sum I expect to be $120.

Xin - Most peoples pick for dead last place. However I do think that he might be able to get a 2 from one judge, just maybe...

Zodiac - Comes in last alphabetically and it would not surprise most people if he did place last. Although I don't think he will come in last. A low placement is likely since he is still feeling out his style, but a expect a decent entry that does not pull a Mermory Lane...

Two more post coming, one with the rest of the names of eligible PT3 Finals Parkmakers (Just without the write-ups as they are all retired). The other update will be my picks for the finals placement... keep in mind last year I called Phatage at #1 and Cork at #2 before the entires even started ;)

Kumba
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Thanks, Kumba. I'm flattered :happy:

-disneylhand
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    The money is mine.
    If i do finish what im making, nothing should beat it :)

Its gonna be nothing like youve ever seen before, in terms of scale, creativity, atmosphere, everything.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    ^ I fully expect you to win. My idea should be solid (finished my first coaster even; it's pretty neat), but I don't think it'll be ground-shaking.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Nice work Kumba! Should be fun to see how this plays out with all the unknowns (both in parkmaker ability and who is entering).

James - rctnw
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    yep, very nice work indeed Kumba!

Although I still have no idea which ones by now you would expect to place within the top-5.( so many could do that....???) But yes, you said that will still be coming.
    And yes, that's a difficult thing, I could not predict it either, the more so as we still don't know about everyone who is entering or will send in unexpectedly....... and......who will be the judges...??? (for that also is of influence :lol: )

Anyway, I added many people you mentioned here into the list of "people who are entitled to enter but we have not heard from yet...."

Thanks for your view.

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    The names of the judges will not be made known until the first entry is released. My list of who I expect to place where will be posted in a few days after more people talk about what they are doing.

Also I added John to the list.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Hum, top 20? Seems like last. :p

Nice review, but as Emergo said, we don't have any idea of the top 5... :p
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Darren, I'll talk to you when I see you at BGT next month (check your pm) ;)
    :mantis:

Will I be entering? who knows....
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    From the names I've seen, my current predictions for the top five in no particular order are: Fatha, 5dave, Xcoaster, Ride6, and FK+Coastermind. These predictions will very likely change as I hear more names, but each one is backed up with very thorough reasoning.

Fatha is one of the greatest players of all time and has proved his talent in both games. He's shown some absolutely amazing work lately and proven that he has the skill, determination, and creativity to pull off a very high placed entry.

In my book, 5dave isn't a darkhorse at all. He's dominated in parkwars with Calypso Theme Park L.A., won road rallies and other contests at RCT2.com, won Fusion Survivor 3, ascended to the leader of Majesty not long after arriving, and kept the entire club going with fast paced quality work on Majestic Paradise, Fox Movie World, and the latest secret project.

Xcoaster as everybody knows is insane with small details and has proven his talent time and time again. My reasons for predicting him should be quite obvious.

Ride6 recieved fourth place last time, and I'm fully aware that he possesses talent. Anybody who has seen his work on his last unfinished solo knows that he is quite talented in every aspect of RCT. The one thing I'm wondering is whether he will have the inspiration to create his entry to his full potential.

FK+Coastermind has talent and creativity. I've seen both and he seems to finally have fallen out of his slump of building a bunch of brown buildings with the exact same details and no other real theming except for foliage. If he can combine the creativity and charm of his early work with his newfound talent, he'll place high for sure.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Ride6 - I think he will enter... Last year to everyones surprise he finished 4th overall and grabed an NE Parkmaker spot. This is his chance to prove that was not dump luck. I highly doubt he can do it again and actually think he could miss the top 10 if he slacks off.

Kumba

"This is his chance to prove that was not dump!? luck." WTF man...

If I made the top 5 last year (which is what I was aiming for actually), I'm aiming for #1 this year. There's a chance this could be the last thing I do in RCT with music and college looming. I want to make this count. I'm doubtful I can take the winning spot but if you're judging my abilities on my h2h performance this year then you're looking in the the wrong places. Even Euphoria City was uneven... Actually everything I've ever done has had some bad spot or another.

It's time for an exception.

Ride6
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I hope I can do better than what Kumba thinks of me... as well as everyone else. We will have to wait and see. Good luck to you all!:)
    -JDP
  • Ling%s's Photo
    ugh I think he's right about me
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Haha cheers Kumba, made me laugh. So true though.
  • zodiac%s's Photo

ugh I think he's right about me

• Levis%s's Photo
    1 jawdropping hack?

I've planned 5 already ....
  • tyandor%s's Photo

1 jawdropping hack?

I've planned 5 already ....

Yeah, but I'm not going pick up my jaw 5 times in a row, just for every hack :twitch:
  • eman%s's Photo
    I think top 3 is 5Dave, Gee, and Fatha. Id be willing to put money on it.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Great preview Kumba. (Just hoping you keep to what you say, so that you don't win any of your own money :p) If you know what I mean.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

I think top 3 is 5Dave, Gee, and Fatha. Id be willing to put money on it.

Fatha in the top three? That's pretty much a lock...

Geewhzzz? Maybe

5Dave? No offense, but that would be a shock.

Really these things are tough to call. Kumba's better at it than most. So was Iris come to think of it. I guess it's a thing that site owners have to be good at as to not make asses of themselves constantly.

Ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading