(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Fanfair : Pine Creek

• TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Hey guys new here so I'm not to sure as to wether I can actually post here but anyway here goes. (That was meant as a apology in advnace if I cant and feel free to delete or move as you see appropriate :) ). This park is as it says my first attempt at building and completing a park using the scenario editor (I'll say now that this was done without any custom scenery and with just RCT 2)

Anyway onto the park:

Fanfair Parks: Pine Creek

Project Brief: Having taken over this small area of natural beauty I (CEO Karny) have been tasked by the nature reserve in the area to bring guest numbers up without ruining the area by constructing a mini theme park. Hmmm I thought while looking at a photo I'd been given of the area.

(Ummmm oppps I forgot the ss of the map as it was before I started building but I ll get it as soon as I can )

Ideas were already formulating and it wasnt long before I was sat with the park officals talking them through my ideas.

First thing to be approved luckily was one of the two signature rides I dplanned for the area, a wooden coaster aptly named PINE CREEK COASTER. Though I used no big drops the ride has quite a pleasent feel to it while retaining a rollercoaster quality. The large amount of wooden housing was constructed to help it fit in with the areas cabin theme and so the ride was given the go ahead. Below you can see a photo of the ride along with parts of a couple of the other rides which well get onto later (OOC: though I will talk about each ride as I came up with the idea the photos were taken at the end so other parts can be seen).

So here I present PINE CREEK COASTER:

Posted Image

After that was built and approved I turned my attention to a more gentle ride for the less adventurous guests. This was a canoe boat ride which took you around the small centre island of the large centrepiece lake of the area (you can also see the game wardens shack on the island.) The ride was easily given the go ahead after I had already built the coaster so here it is:

LAKE CANOES:

Posted Image

Next on the list was my second signature ride which handily also doubled up as a transport ride. The is a river rapids ride which tours around the main lake going under ground at times (that took a lot of persuasion I can tell you) And travelling up to the (original and in no way built for the ride honest) mining shack. This ride recieved even more hype form the guests than the rollercoaster and so was a great success (OOC: though the bits where it leaves the water ground showing on the corners in the lake is annoying). Anyway heres a couple of pictures of it.

CREEK EXPLORER:

the main ride bit:

Posted Image

the bit where it travels through the authentic mining building:

Posted Image

After that was completed we undertook numerous expansions (one of which was obvious and embarassed me when the officals pointed it out).

These were the addition of a hilllift to reach the top of the waterfall as the lazy guests were complaining about having to hike to the top. Below is a photo showing the small but popular addition and the waterfall itselfs (This time the building was already there).

MOUNTIAN LIFT:

Posted Image

Next on the list was the building of a picnic area whiched contained a number of food and drink shops as well as some toilets (the embarassing thing I forgot) which stopped the officals and the guests from complaining.

PICNIC AREA:

Posted Image

Then came a scenery expansion which allowed us to construct a mini shalet type area for overnight and or maybe longer stays (details of prices and the shalets can be found in the largish building next to the entrance). Although this area was constructed from what the architect swore was pirate themed objects it fitted in well and so was left.

SHALET AREA:

Posted Image

This was it I thought as I sat back and looked at the park form inside one of the shalets. The last trees were being planted and the garden of this shalety was looki..... and that was when it hit me. I should have realised earlier but I hadn't. With all these tres around the only place you could see the whole of the park form was on top of thae waterfall and even then some bits were obscured so off I ran to the designers where after much pleading and some agrements with my statment form guests we managed to persuade the officals to let us build a double decked observation tower which we called Treetop Viewer. Of course we werent allowed to construct this in the centre of the park and so we had to squeeze it in against my wishes in the corner. After it was placed though and I had a ride I realised it wasn,t as badly placed as I thought and some how managed to fit in well. So anyway here is the photo of the ride (of course to view the park you could always user a helicopter like our photographer but the guests didn't like that idea to much on account of expense).

TREETOP VIEWER:

Posted Image

So that was it after 3 years of building it was finished and I sat back and looked at my creation (of course im in the observation tower) and was pleased with what I had acheived with the resources avilable and that I had kept the beauty of the area. Thompson I called to my the park photographer lets go for a ride in that helicopter of yours I wanna get a photo of the entire park.

Posted Image

5 months later:

I was bored when the package arrived. It had said abandoned coalfield on the front and I had thought what the hell as I opened it. 1 hour later I was on a plane to view my new accqisition. A park where I could build waht I wanted now this was gonna be fun I though ideas running through my head already.

CEO Karny
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Welcome to NE, TwistedHelix. That actually has a pretty cool atmosphere.

Where is the download? If there is no download, this should go in the Advertising District. ;)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Nice, cool atmosphere. You should have an experiment with trainers, esp. 8 cars, this should let you do some stuff that will allow you to better create your visions in the game.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Thanks guys I did enjoy doing it and am about to post screenshots of my second park (this time in the right area woops).

I would upload the parks i creat but

1. I'm not sure how and

2. Is it possible to just stick the save file onto my memory stick and upload it from that as the park isnt on this laptop though I do have the game installed on this laptop it has problems running so its on the computer upstairs.

TwistedHelix
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    send me the file and i'll host it, middlesheps [atsignhere] googlemail.com. put the file on the memory stick, from there onto your laptop then email it to me from there.

by the way, the hosting parks offer goes for anyone who wants it.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    K thanks I'll just go get it then also as I 'm about to post screenies of my second park do you want the save file for that too?

TwistedHelix

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading