• Ling%s's Photo
    The first one (oldest by a few weeks) was going to be an entry for the B&M prelim, but since I got in early I expanded the area and added stuff. It is called "Red Dawn" (name really means nothing except grounds for the color scheme of the coaster). I finished it a day or so after the deadline of that particular round. Yes, the surrounding foliage is horrible. I know. (The following is the same screen that is at the link)
    Posted Image
    And the download.

And this one was just for fun... it's called "Soar" and it is a B&M floorless that only took me about five days to complete. Although my friends and I spent a lot of time going over possible names for it. The screenshot:
    Posted Image
    And the download.

Enjoy.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Did you not send these in for NE design? because the second coaster looks like it has a pretty good layout.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I sent them both in and they both failed.

Thanks for the comment.

Edited by Ling, 19 July 2007 - 02:45 PM.

• Brent%s's Photo
    That second one is really cool looking.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Checked 'em both out. The first one was REALLY flat, and the land that was higher looked like it was added to break up the flat. It was very empty foliage-wise as well. Architecture was so-and-so, but I liked the station.

The second one improved on landscaping, but the same goes for foliage. It was WAY too bare for what it looked like you were going for. Architecture was better, but was lacking compared to the first one.

All in all, they were pretty good, but could use some work. Interested to see what you have cooked up for PT3.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    @Brent: thanks :D

@zodiac: yeah, I didn't know what to do with all that empty space so I filled it... poorly. On both of them, really. My PT3 entry I don't think will have the style of architecture seen in these two designs at all (the style in particular I'm referring to is the use of corner posts and deco pieces... I'm sticking to basics)
  • muuuh%s's Photo
    i like all the designs with the large layouts. the 2nd layout is really good included in the landscape...
    nice job
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I liked the second one, but they both looked deprived of foliage and other misc stuff for their size of map.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Thanks guys. Yeah, foliage is a huge problem of mine and I'm trying to get better...
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    If you say foliage is your weakness, heres what i could recommend to you. (I am sure people have different ways but heres what i do) First, i think of my setting, do i want the coaster to sit in a plain, tropical forest, temperate forest, artificial amusement park foliage, desert (etc.) Then, i usually envision myself standing right in the middle of th setting looking thoroughly at the little details every. For example, when i envision myself standing in a dense temperate forest, I can envision an enormous amount of small plants and wild flowers growing in at the roots of a dense patch of tall trees. Once I envision the style of foliage I want to create, I then try to my best to the best of my ability to recreate the foliage i envisioned. I hope that helps a bit. I am no pro at it, but i too am trying to improve. It just takes practice :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Rhynos, your signature is fucking hilarious.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah, I know. :lol:
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    It's cause I'm a boss.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading