General Chat / Ever wanted to play your favorite songs in Guitar Hero?

• laz0rz%s's Photo
    A group of Guitar Hero fans have discovered how to create and play custom notecharts in burned copies of GH2. It's quite simple. All you have to do is get an MP3 of a song, a .mid or .chart file containing the gem layout for the song, place these files over the original song files using a specially-designed Guitar Hero archive editor, make an .iso of the finished product, and burn it to a DVD-R. You can learn more about the process here, or you can make your own custom notecharts with this nifty little editor. Good luck, and make sure to read everthing in the first link and in the forum's Software section very carefully before proceeding.

NOTE: To gain access to the notecharts, you need to register to the forums I linked. Also, this process is involved, and requires a modded PS2 (and a brain). So if you don't have either of these, DO NOT try this. (or at least, not right away).
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I can finally play It's A Beautiful Life.

Really though, that's pretty cool. Where might you be able to get the mods for the hardware?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    The first game already had Even Rats, what more could you need?
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    rock lobster, duh.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    GH needs more metal. Not being biased, but it's more of a challenge (i.e. Trivium guitarist whatshisname, etc).
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah i've known you could do this for a while, but i've not tried yet. Mainly because i haven't got a modded PS2. Anyone know if it's easy enough to do by yourself? Or will there be a place out there that can do it for me?
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah seriously. I'd love to put some Saosin and Lostprophets on my game, but I don't think I'd be able to do this.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

GH needs more metal. Not being biased, but it's more of a challenge (i.e. Trivium guitarist whatshisname, etc).

Guitar hero difficulty=/=real life difficulty
  • Ling%s's Photo

I'd love to put some Saosin and Lostprophets on my game

<3

I want to play Guitar Hero so bad because the one week we got lent a PS2 and the game disc, I was sick so I couldn't play... it liked really fun though. Will have to get a PS2 when the prices fall a bit more.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    For all the modding questions:

The most common way to get your burned disc to play is to set up Swap Magic on your PS2. Or you could always try a way that requires no mods, though it's somewhat harder.

Edited by laz0rz, 23 July 2007 - 12:18 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo

please no more shit music on guitar hero.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Freal, Oakland and "Warped Tour" featured nothing but crap.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Well, i've just started on making custom songs, let's see how it goes...
  • Rhynos%s's Photo

Guitar hero difficulty=/=real life difficulty

I meant because of his speed, not the "similarities" in play.

I was just making a point because of how fast he plays (he plays a fretless, I believe, because they get in the way), not the band (not a fan of it either).
  • rheathy%s's Photo
    Alternatively, play a real guitar :o
  • Carl%s's Photo

Which means GH needs more metal and less of whatever you listen too :bring it:
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    uhh. seriously? i listen to metal to chief. just no shit metal needs to be on it.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

I meant because of his speed, not the "similarities" in play.
    I was just making a point because of how fast he plays (he plays a fretless, I believe, because they get in the way), not the band (not a fan of it either).

HAHAH

matt heafy does not play a fretless...
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Sweet! I can finally play some Def Leppard!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Sweet! I can finally play some Def Leppard!

The joke writes itself.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading