General Chat / The Simpsons

• Casimir%s's Photo
    I just came home from the sneak preview of the Simpsons movie.
    So, this is going to be a thread where you can post your comments about Matt Groening's new masterpiece!
    But please hide any spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet ;)

*sing*Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does*sing*
  • Peeee%s's Photo
    I just came back from the cinema. Maybe it's just me being a big Simpsons-Fan, but it was simply amazing.
    The Spiderpig-scene comes close to the funniest thing ever... :party:
  • postit%s's Photo
    Going to the midnight showing tomorrow night! I have high hopes for this
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I might see it while I'm in California, but I'm personally not in a hurry to see it.
  • postit%s's Photo
    A bit conventional for a tv-show-turned-movie but I loved it. The humor reminded me of the good ol' days of the show. I also loved the inside jokes! As a film, nothing special. As far as comedies go, probably one of my top 3 or 5 favorites. When I think of how they could have improved it, I really can't think of much they could have done, so that means they did a pretty good job. Nonetheless, it was well done, and the writing is clearly superior to what is aired these days on the show.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Im going to see it today so I just hope its good. It looks funny from the adverts.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    i saw it last night. now, i never really watched the show. it was "banned" in our house... so i went in with little expectations and kinda thought that it'd be boring with few laughs... but i was totally wrong. it was definitely funny, and never boring. i enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing it again.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    a bit different from the normal simpsons, but it was still great.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo

a bit different from the normal simpsons, but it was still great.

Except for the fact that it had the same formula that the shows have had for the last 15 years.
    Wont give away formula, but if you watch the show you already know what happens.

I do however, think this movie was hilarious.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    holy shit sup giga.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Movie was awesome.

Heck, I even brought a friend from Uganda who had never even heard of the series found it very funny and is now in the process of obtaining some episodes.

So, my 2 cents: Simpsons: great movie even if you've never caught onto the series.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading