Theme Park Discussion / The Worst Coaster Evac Job Ever

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    http://www.vkmag.com...e_in_de_python/

Found this on Westcoaster. This is why you always evac starting from the front of the train.

Can any Dutch members translate the dialogue?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    What exactly was the problem with the ride, and was everyone off? I couldn't tell.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    It apparently stalled on the hill.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

http://www.vkmag.com...e_in_de_python/

Found this on Westcoaster. This is why you always evac starting from the front of the train.

Can any Dutch members translate the dialogue?

Yes, WoW! De Efteling ( name of the park), one of my favourite parks because of the amazing theming, not because of their coasters- even if hey work well, but this season they seem to have a lot of problems......the new watercoaster DE Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) also had severe problems this season.....!!!

About translation from the video you linked to:

Written text is: `Visitors of the attraction `The Python`in THe Efteling escape literally from death. Riders from behind parts are evacuated already, but then the Roller Coaster suddenly starts rolling!!!!``

What I make out from the spoken text (it´s a life amateur one, so many OOh´s and aah´s and half-finished sentences through one another):

- Oh, but it still is bounded by cables.....look!! see those people!!...

- Have you got your video on? ....Yes!

- OOOh, how awful....come, come Nickied, come.... (obviously spoken to a kid to take away)

- OOOh, that man, that man!.....that man there, that was really on the edge of catastrophe!! Do you see his fear....

- You see how feared they all are.... Tjeezus!!!

- Oh!!! if he had just been a few centimeters.....but then, look, he can still walk....

- I don´t understand this....

- I could feel my heart sticking in my throat.....

- I thought that that little thingies were open...and I thought ` he is going to fall down with a smack...`

- Wow, but that one will for sure have a day off tomorrow...

- I would never do it again....

- come, we are going to tell it to Modes, and then we are going to ride it, HaHa!!!!

Emergo
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Well the coaster broke down on the lifthill with a few cars over the deadzone. They failed to reset the coaster and started with evacuation procedures. Unfortunately they didn't take in account the laws of physics in these procedures. They evacuated the back rows meaning that the centre of gravity of the train shifted in favor of the front cars meaning it started moving again. The coaster wasn't blocked from moving... (something the Efteling says will be done in future). A few riders closed their harnasses in time and a employee managed to jump of the train just in time (he the one with some minor injuries like bruces). Just call it a streak of luck no one got killed (although you might be able to survive the Python without the harnasses as it has no lifting of your seat moments, but it isn't anything you want to risk).
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'm more impressed that no one got dragged through or pulled into or out of or pushed in some way to make them fall off the lift as the train started moving.

I really do hope those ride ops were fired, though. That's just stupid.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I'm more impressed that no one got dragged through or pulled into or out of or pushed in some way to make them fall off the lift as the train started moving.

I really do hope those ride ops were fired, though. That's just stupid.

But is it really the fault of the ride-ops? They just did what they were supposed to do. That no one was so bright to add a blocking policy to the evacuation procedure (hell there isn't even equipment for that) is mainly the problem of the director). Still common sense could have prevented this if you ask me.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Tjeezus!!!
    ^^ dutch jesus. :p

unfortunately if they had never done something like this before i can see how easy it would be for an employee to botch the evacuation...
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

(although you might be able to survive the Python without the harnasses as it has no lifting of your seat moments, but it isn't anything you want to risk).

Isn't the big drop (even the pre-drop too in the back seats) causing some lifting?
    Also, the part after the 2nd loop might lift you up... Besides, I don't think the corkscrews are harnass-free friendly..

I've always wondered if you could survive the Python without bars..

About the accident; It's really too bad what has happened.. This has caused some major image damage to the Efteling's name.. They thought they could get away with this without mentioning it publicly, but with today's cellphone functions everything could be taped and thrown on YouTube (I've read on themepark.nl that the person who posted the movie posted the tape a day late because she was unable to put it online just after she got home)..The Efteling put their (weak) statement online after everybody was talking about it over here, and some major news sites posted the movie..

The accident itself was bizarre too.. Tyandor explained it perfectly.. There were 2 more employees evacuating the people, they got off too just in time.. I even read somewhere the employees had secured themselves on the train to prevent them from falling off the lifthill, and one employee still was secured when the train was moving.. He got lucky his chain snapped because of a moving car, otherwise he was pulled along.. They also got lucky no kids were in the cars where the bars were open when the train got moving, because they're quite heavy to pull..
    They got VERY lucky there were no fatalities..

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading