Music Forum / Ozzfest 2007

• Rhynos%s's Photo
    So, just got back from Ozzfest 07 here in Dallas and I gotta say... gooooodddd daamnnnnnnnnn!!

Lamb of God was the shit, especially dedicating "Redneck" to us. Seriously, even without pyros and other special effects, they can make even the calmest of their fanbase stand up and get in the circle pit.

Since Mondo Generator wasn't there, they added DevilDriver, which blew me out of the water. Not only was I not expecting it, but it was my first time seeing them in concert. Dez truly knows how to get our asses up in the middle of the Texas afternoon. Oh, and while onstage, he would play with us as the beach ball went up to him and he batted it down with a crooked smile. I only caught the last 1/3 of his act due to me working - fortunately, my boss is a fan of Ozzfest and I bribed him with an extra ticket I had so I could go early.

And Ozzy. I only caught him up to "Mr. Crowley," and my only question is how does he make it through a show without falling over from the drinks he's just had. While doing "Bark at the Moon" water would fall down from the ceiling followed by strobes pointing directly at the wet crowd.

As for the rest of the acts, it just seemed like the live version of what's on their CDs. Good to listen to, but could have missed it.

Oh, there were tits-galore. Thought I'd put that there.

Post your experience from this year or years past. Btw, this was my first, so no more Ozzy V-card for me.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    mondo generator on ozzfest? what
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Glad to hear that Lamb Of God nailed it, awesome band.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I'll agree with you on the Lamb of God and Devildriver front they both put on amazing live shows. Went to see them two years ago now though so I'll have to check them out again next time they're here.

Dez definetly knows how to work the crowd and seeing the whole centre of the wulfrun hall from wall to wall as a giant cirle pit is an image I'll never forget.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Oh, forgot, on a scale of 1 to 10, how 'good' was the vomit/piss smell? I was at Smirnoff, so being an outdoor venue, it may have led people to get trashed. But maybe that's 'cause Ozzfest this year had free tickets and therefore people could set aside three times as much for alcohol and weed.

I'd rate mine about a 3, maybe 4 I was downwind of a breeze. I did see a guy vomit on his girlfriend's shoes though. Hilarious.

Oh, and one question: Who was LoG's military friend who died? I might be mistaken in asking that question 'cause I didn't a part of the statement.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Nothing better than the smell of vomit and piss to wake you up in a morning.

My favourite festival moment at download last year was when people had pissed up against this wooden fence panel and this guy came down with disinfectant to clean it. He poured it all down the fence then when he got to the end some guy took a piss up it and he just threw the tub at him and went 'OH FUCK IT'

Im going to have to make it to that again next year as long as they dont fuck up the lineup as much as they did this year.

I'd really love to go to Ozzfest though its got one hell of a lineup this year. It sucks living in the UK.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading