Pro Tour 3 / Fatha Needs Hacking Help

• Fatha'%s's Photo

Only if you ask me to do it ;)

Yeah people can get a little help with something like that, just you can't have someone build big stuff for you.

This is basically what I need....
    Somebody to perform hacks (IE invisible track, merges, etc etc).

Cons:
    - You have to do possibly hard hacks (although the ones that come to mind might not be that difficult).
    - You might be called upon at anytime for hacking questions so ill need to be in constant contact with you.

Pros:
    - Well.....you get to see my pro tour park.
    - You'll get a special mention somewhere in the park (like a banner, ride, or something).

Any takers post here.
    I will PM the person I choose to keep his name private. Also, the hacker must NOT talk about anything that he sees in the park.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Quick question Fatha'. Why not learn to do it yourself? The ones you mention are very easy!

Would offer my services, but im entering too.
  • posix%s's Photo
    metro, he's been doing this dozens of times over the years.
    it's a method to produce more hype about his parks.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

metro, he's been doing this dozens of times over the years.
    it's a method to produce more hype about his parks.

;) :lol:

Emergo
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    im not sure about his situation but i know for some very odd reason my computer has never taken the hacking. i can lower and raise tracks, change cars and such but i have never been able to merge tracks or make them invisilbe without errors pooping up. ive just learned to adjust but it might be nice to have the abilitly of help at some point.

FK
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I'll do it but you have to be more specific on hacks
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Meh, wait, isn't Protour supposed to be a free for all contest?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Wait, I thought I was gona get it?

I still want to give it a shot.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    ^Shouldn't it be off limits to someone who's entering? So they can't just see what the competition is cooking up?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    If Fatha is willing to let someone see who is in the contest then thats up to him.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Well, I guess the main question is LL or RCT2?
  • postit%s's Photo
    Wait, the Protour is now a group park???

It's RCT2, by the way.

I say people shouldn't have other people do hacks for them in the ProTour but maybe I'm just old-fashioned.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I agree. Learn how to do them yourself, most hacks either aren't that difficult or aren't that important.

I'd be happy to walk you through one or two of those on the off chance that you actually catch me on aim.

Ride6
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    yeah, I think it's more important to have a PT park that you completely built yourself.
    This way you are more proud of the stuff you did.

If you can't do the hacking, why bother and hack anyway?

And this may get out of control and everyone wants a super unique hack in his park and asks Levis or another hack-pro.

"MFG"
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    LoL!! PT unlimited........ :lol:

Now let´s discuss the following:

1)- someone cannot do one or more hacks (meaning that one does not have the skill, or does not have the talent, has no time to learn it in time or just is lazy)
    Then someone else can do it for him/her.

2)- someone cannot make a special coaster (meaning that one does not have the skill, or does not have.... etc etc, see above)
    Then someone else can do it for him/her....?

3)- someone cannot make a building/part with a special feeling to it/ make a special landscape (meaning that one does not have the......etc, etc, see above)
    Then someone else can do it for him/her....?

I just don´t see the actual difference between 1 and 2&3...........

Emergo :biggrin:
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Yeah exactly that's the point.

I think if you can't do something why let someone else do it?
    A PT park should be a park, where everyone tries to do his best.

It's not that important to have hacks in the park if everything else is nice.
    Everyone has his strong and weak points. If hacking is your weak-point why do you want it in the park then?

"MFG"
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I told you why Im not willing to learn to do it myself.

Im in school starting one week from today. Id much rather not meddle with hacks and take hours upon hours getting them right (or learning them) and just get the shit done. My Entry is not a group park, as im only sending it to someone to perform a hack....a FUCKING hack (Meaning, they arent building shit)...it would be the same result as if I did it myself minus the extra time (and I need all the time I can get). Im just asking for two-three hacks at the most, its not like im making Erwindale Forest and sending it to Ed everyday to hack.

Look, if you want, hell the judges can go ahead and judge my park as a colabo park, even though that would be absolutely ridiculous because the hacker probably will account for .10% of the entire parks work....You can deduct points, do whatever, I really dont care.

Ive chosen my hacker.
    Thread can be closed....or yall can continue to complain, either way doesnt matter to me.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    YOu know what....Fine.
    If you all deem this contest being unfair by me having someone do hacks for me, I wont do it. Ill find another way.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

I told you why Im not willing to learn to do it myself.

Im in school starting one week from today. Id much rather not meddle with hacks and take hours upon hours getting them right (or learning them) and just get the shit done.

Well that´s exactly the point:other people with some other ``problems`` in their park that cost them too much time will have to go to school too, or to work, or to operations on their hand, or watever.......?.

(Don´t worry though, I understand your time-problems - like anyone´s elses as well as my own - and this is not directed to you personally, just wondering about how far the PT can go.....can as well be wondered about in another topic if this one is closed)

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Levis%s's Photo
    closing this topic now because you requested ....

I've got no time to do it for you regretebly :( made a miscalculation with my time :( don't even know if I will be able to make an entry because I'm off to college next week and don't know if I have a comp with rct2 there (at least the first two weeks not).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading