(Archive) Advertising District / Glory's Creation

• Glory%s's Photo
    Hey guys! This is one of my first real parks I'm actually getting into, these screens arent completed but near it and I couldn't just wait to show NE and get some feedback and see what I need improving on. I haven't played Rct2 in a whole year and now I think I want to play again so, here we go!

Park Name - Florida Springs (Might change it)

First Backview of Tickets (This is a backview of the Ticket Window and a few guests services, still working on the area, there is a little lake or ocean i created at the bottom to bring it some life, Might add a ferris wheel as I keep making.)

Second Second ( The second screen is the front view of the ticket booth and park entrance, and the Pirate ship with the grey structures, thats a Statue for the whole park making like a trademark)

Third Front View(This is a Giga Coaster, Named Enux. Thought it was a cool name for a ride based on a dragon in a Castle theme area. This area needs a ton of more work and I'm going to add more foilage and Building to make the atmosphere feel like warm and soothing.)

Fourth Backview of Coaster (The fourth picture is another shot of the Coaster's Station, going to add what I said for the second picture. Making every inch count.)

Hope you guys enjoy! I just couldn't wait to show. And next pictures I will finish the area's and try to work out for a plan and post.

Glory! :huey:

Edited by Glory, 19 August 2007 - 09:55 PM.

• postit%s's Photo
    I remember you. :) Nice to see you around again.

Anyway, there's a lot that I like in these screens, but since you're just getting back into the game, I'll tell you a few things that I think could use some improvement.

First off, the ticket plaza is a bit strange and unorthodox. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I really feel that there needs to be more ticket booths because with only two real portals, this would have to be an extremely small park. (also, no exit portal?) It seems you're going for semi-realism, so I would definitely consider redoing or adding on at least.

Speaking of semi-realism, the coaster's brake run is nice and all, but I wish there was a transfer track area and a storage house. I think these are musts, even for semi-realism. Er...also, the coaster layout looks a bit...sprawling and awkward. Maybe try to fix up those final turns into a neat helix or so. Also, a very minor qualm on that last screen: The little 1/4 flame object should be at an equal height as its corresponding flame object and get rid of two of those wooden crosses. Oh yeah, supports in the last screen could use some touching up.

I think it would be a wise move to lower the water level a bit in the castle area and use water instead of that object (what is that?) As for the castle section: I like that you tried the blue, but I don't think it's working out. Of course the obvious suggestion would be to use the dull brown, just like every Gotheburg look-a-like has done but I'm going to say continue with the goldish bronze, because I like where you're going with that. Likewise, maybe change the color of the gold brick texture to gray because the gold brick looks a bit odd.

Enux is also a bit of a strange name.

Going back to the entrance area...It doesn't really look like an entrance area. When I first saw it, I thought it was part of some themed section until I read what you wrote and I saw from the view where the path leads off the map. I remember posix once said something about when you look at RCT parks, any good parkmaking doesn't have to explain itself and one can tell exactly what each building's purpose is by looking at it. In your park here, I did not immediately identify your entrance buildings as entrance buildings and I did not really understand their purpose until I had to read into it. I don't know, maybe that helps?

Also, you may want to hack those black things down into the bottom of the water because as of now they appear to be floating.

So, nice to see you back. Sorry if I was an ass hole; I'm trying to help!
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    It's very quaint and elegant.
  • Glory%s's Photo

I remember you. :) Nice to see you around again.

Anyway, there's a lot that I like in these screens, but since you're just getting back into the game, I'll tell you a few things that I think could use some improvement.

First off, the ticket plaza is a bit strange and unorthodox. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I really feel that there needs to be more ticket booths because with only two real portals, this would have to be an extremely small park. (also, no exit portal?) It seems you're going for semi-realism, so I would definitely consider redoing or adding on at least.

Speaking of semi-realism, the coaster's brake run is nice and all, but I wish there was a transfer track area and a storage house. I think these are musts, even for semi-realism. Er...also, the coaster layout looks a bit...sprawling and awkward. Maybe try to fix up those final turns into a neat helix or so. Also, a very minor qualm on that last screen: The little 1/4 flame object should be at an equal height as its corresponding flame object and get rid of two of those wooden crosses. Oh yeah, supports in the last screen could use some touching up.

I think it would be a wise move to lower the water level a bit in the castle area and use water instead of that object (what is that?) As for the castle section: I like that you tried the blue, but I don't think it's working out. Of course the obvious suggestion would be to use the dull brown, just like every Gotheburg look-a-like has done but I'm going to say continue with the goldish bronze, because I like where you're going with that. Likewise, maybe change the color of the gold brick texture to gray because the gold brick looks a bit odd.

Enux is also a bit of a strange name.

Going back to the entrance area...It doesn't really look like an entrance area. When I first saw it, I thought it was part of some themed section until I read what you wrote and I saw from the view where the path leads off the map. I remember posix once said something about when you look at RCT parks, any good parkmaking doesn't have to explain itself and one can tell exactly what each building's purpose is by looking at it. In your park here, I did not immediately identify your entrance buildings as entrance buildings and I did not really understand their purpose until I had to read into it. I don't know, maybe that helps?

Also, you may want to hack those black things down into the bottom of the water because as of now they appear to be floating.

So, nice to see you back. Sorry if I was an ass hole; I'm trying to help!

Thanks again for your input Postit! You really broke it down to me. First off I really don't know how to do all those pros things, such as making a good coaster, making storage houses, and things like that. Do you suggest me making a little workbench just for coasters until I get really good at them and come back to working on this park? And another thing is the 1/4 flame object isnt park of the castle building, its on the other side making it look like it is but its not. Another thing is what do you think if i change the blue roofing into black or grey? One last thing is, should is if I should make 4-5 ticket booths and 2-3 Exit portals?
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    A small piece of input: Please make that Giga Coaster have a height and drop between 300-399 feet (if you want). Nothing is more of a pet peeve to me than when it is not. Even SupremeScreamer is guilty of this.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    ^ But then it just looks silly since RCT scaling is all over the place. It just makes the coaster look ugly and way, way, way too big.

On the coaster details thing, still use this park and just build what you think looks good. If you need help with realistic coaster details check out pictures on rcdb.com to see how real coasters are done. It's a real help with things like transfer tracks and stuff.

I would make some more ticket booths and maybe 2 exit portals that should be enough for a relatively large theme park.

It looks like its shaping up into a nice little park otherwise.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    florida looks nothing like that.
  • Glory%s's Photo
    I know that, thats why I'm going to change the name. =/
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I think you should extend those supports so they touch the track, other than that everything is nice :D
  • postit%s's Photo

Thanks again for your input Postit! You really broke it down to me. First off I really don't know how to do all those pros things, such as making a good coaster, making storage houses, and things like that. Do you suggest me making a little workbench just for coasters until I get really good at them and come back to working on this park? And another thing is the 1/4 flame object isnt park of the castle building, its on the other side making it look like it is but its not. Another thing is what do you think if i change the blue roofing into black or grey? One last thing is, should is if I should make 4-5 ticket booths and 2-3 Exit portals?

As far as the coaster layout goes, I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you're trying to improve in this park, and you aren't taking it too seriously, I wouldn't worry about perfection now. The more coasters you build, the better you will naturally become at this. Like others have mentioned, I would strongly suggest going to RCDB.com for layouts of real coasters. I have always thought Gigas to be tough ones to nail in RCT2 because of the whole scale issue that others have discussed already, as well as the fact that they may look boring. It's hard to find a nice medium where it's interesting enough to look at, and exciting enough to virtually ride. Anyway, for coaster building, I would suggest not only looking at RCDB.com for layouts, but also some older LL parks. Most of the older spotlights have some bitchin' coasters that manage to be fluid and seem awesome to ride even without banked drops and such. If you don't have LL, most RCT2 Spotlights have nice coasters, too. Rivers of Babylon should be a natural go-to park for you, especially with this style you're going for. The coasters, as well as the overall composition in that park elevate it to the best park of all time to many, including myself.

I also forgot to mention the foliage. It's very sketchy what you have of it, anyway. I like how you've flowered and stuff, but the foliage could also use a serious upgrade. I know it's unfinished, but for foliage in this style, I would encourage you to look at posix's work (if not LL, then his Cannonball design) and SloB, of course.

I don't think I was clear on the flame object. I don't really know how to describe what I'm trying to say, but it's a very minor issue to me. I just think that on your wooden poles around the coaster finale, it should be symmetric because it kind of bothers me right now.

Yeah, try those roofs in black or grey. That might be a nice subtle touch to the area. Good luck with the project.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This park looks quite familar to me. I like it. ;)
  • gibbsies%s's Photo
    Uhh, in that last screen, for the queue lines there, I would give them one wall/fence not bricks and railings.
  • Glory%s's Photo
    When i started creating this park, it was my second day back from retiring to RCT2, and I guess I had to give myself some time to get my skills back. I'm improved a huge amount and so for I don't like the way this park is looking. So I think I'm going to cancel this park, and actual release something I'm been working on the side instead. This park wasn't in my new taste. I thank everyone for giving me helpful tips and pushing me to push myself to find my true skills in this game.
    So in my conclusion, I would like to give thanks to everyone's comments and I should be comming with improved work for you guys soon! Seeya!

Glory! :huey:

Edited by Glory, 26 August 2007 - 08:46 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading