General Chat / Marijuana

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    God made it, so there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    I'm not against it. I smoked from 10th grade to a little over a year ago (that would be 5 years) mostly as a recreational thing, although I did get pretty addicted to it for a while (mentally I mean). I'm the kind of person that thinks you can do whatever you want to your body as long as it doesn't harm/affect others. I quit because the girl I was seeing at the time didn't like it, and I simply haven't picked it back up since. I miss is sometimes, but I feel that I've grown out of it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Good stuff, and when mixed with other things...even better stuff.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I don't understand why cigarettes and marijuana haven't switched sides of the law other than big tobacco corporations. Hmm
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    No.

I don't understand your reasoning.

-disneylhand
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

i agree!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    He's a clever man, God.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

I don't understand your reasoning.

-disneylhand

what is there not to understand.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    God created everything. So according to Jellybones and others who agree with his statement, nothing is 'wrong'.

What I don't understand is how anyone could possibly find nothing wrong with every single 'thing'.

-disneylhand
  • Metropole%s's Photo

God created everything.

No he didn't. There's that inventor guy...what's his name...Edison. He created some shit.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    i bet god is stoned 24/7.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

God created everything. So according to Jellybones and others who agree with his statement, nothing is 'wrong'.

What I don't understand is how anyone could possibly find nothing wrong with every single 'thing'.

-disneylhand

God did not create LSD. LSD is fucked up.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Why bother... ?

-disneylhand
  • Tornado6%s's Photo
    I hear that marijuana can make you stupid.

**** illegal drugs!

Edited by Tornado6, 24 August 2007 - 08:40 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo

I hear that marijuana can make you stupid.

My professors will assure you that it does not.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I do not smoke, and I do think that it's "bad" and you shouldn't do it, but technically it's probably one of the more tame drugs (from what I've been told). Do doctors still perscribe it to their patients? I forgot what they did that for. I personally don't mind weed as much as cigs either, but I still have this whole "weed is bad don't smoke it!". I don't know, there's really no positive outcome to it and it's completely pointless just like every other drug.

And while Jelly's initial first post is correct in a way, that does not mean there is nothing wrong with it. It's not just illegal for the fuck of it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Other things that have no positive outcome and are completely pointless: music, sex, anything pleasureable.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

My professors will assure you that it does not.

i think varying definitions of stupid apply.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I suppose. Most people I know, when stoned, are very loud and obnoxious, are rude and confrontational, make questionable sexual decisions, and get very sick.

Oh wait no, that's people who are drinking.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

It's not just illegal for the fuck of it.

You're correct on this: it's illegal for political and/or racist reasons.

I saw this on History Channel so I'm rather certain it's probably correct: Marijuana was first regulated in the 1930s in an attempt to remove illegal Mexican immigrants who commonly used the drug; and also, to crack down against the Jazz and Blues scene primarily centered in New Orleans and primarily performed/supported by Blacks (and yes I would refer to myself as "white" so what!?). Following the entrance of the United States into WWII weed became the least of the nations problems and was thus ignored. But in the 1960s and 70s as those damn anti-war protesters (aka Hippies) were harassing our government the crackdown began anew in an attempt to cut the stemming tide of the movement.

See!?

I've used it recreationally a few times. It's definitely doesn't deserve it's illegal status; cigarettes being physically more damaging, alcohol being more disorienting and running a higher risk of addiction and/or overdose.

As I said it's illegal for political reasons.

Ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading