Custom Scenery Exchange / RCTM V1.3 [Obsolete]

• JJ%s's Photo

RCTModified won't be online anymore since its causes fragmentation of the save files with the SV6 thats only accepted for accolades here being replaced with SV7 files which are not excepted. Plus the fact that there are enough tutorials out there that show you, how to hack invisible stuff (thanks Geewhzz) there really is no need for this anymore. And that we (the creators, JJ, Levis and partly me) need to give instructions all the time how to install and use it, has resulted in this.

Thanks a lot guys for support back in the day. But normal RCT is better and easier to play!

Posted Image
    Download

Scroll down the page for the download link for the 1.3 update.

This is not a park in any manner. Nor did I put any effort in to the screens, but this is more a showcase of something else...

The compositions of the screens are ugly and all rushed, but it's not about showing you a park...

I'm just gonna post all the screens I took throughout development. Some are older ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the other people feel free to post your screen or so...
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Did you just change one of the normal land types to one of these, or did you finally find a way to add more land types to the game.

Technique is no news, but nice to see someone took the effort finally.
    Only problem, rct2 parks are getting almost as huge in file size as rct3 ones ... Hopefully Kumba is lucky and can pay all the webspace. ;P
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    this. is. awesome...

I thought today... hmm why did Chris Sawyer didn't include any invisible entrances to the game. No need for him to do this now it seems ;)
    I also somehow suspected you are making a black-tile land type when I saw your topic.
    I don't know if it makes things easier this way, but it saves some object space at least :p

"MFG"
  • JJ%s's Photo
    ^ Sadly all it is, is the abstract changed to the coloured tile and tile changed to the black land.
    And the rest is just the images removed.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Posted Image

hehehe...
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Impressive. Some aspects of it looking more useful than others. Nice to see RCT2 moving forward once more, in a place previously thought not possible.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    ^ Well it's been possible since December 06... Just noone actually did anything xD

I don't know if it makes things easier this way, but it saves some object space at least tounge.gif

It should because when you are lowering the land you could make it black at the same time and if you increased the land tool then you could make large area's black tile a lot quicker ;)

Edited by JJ, 27 August 2007 - 04:07 PM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    I'll contribute.

Posted Image
  • JJ%s's Photo
    lol, cute!
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Very cool stuff guys. Looking forward to more. :)
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    JJ, you think everything I make is "cute".
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I didn't have to sink the entrances and exits. Also, you don't see that ugly platform that comes with the game.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Just when i thought i had something original going, three people go and post the exact same lol

Nice one guys, all looks fab
  • JJ%s's Photo
    This is still in testing... But I should release it after fiesta... If anyone wants to help test it now then just PM me... (it's basically all done...) The only change would be your name would be added to the credits...

Edited by JJ, 27 August 2007 - 06:18 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I would like to know how you did the flat rides, im guessing it's just new ones with the base edited out? The new land tiles are pretty cool, but it sounds like that was just editing the games tiles. Then there is the stations with without stations and entries, well I have been able to do that will hacking for a few years, but I would like to know how your doing it, I don't think your hacking?

Awesome work all the same.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    It's called the RCT2GUIEditor. He edited the game's g1.dat, which now has all these edits.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    http://www.rct-guide...c...&file_id=57

;)
  • JJ%s's Photo

Well I would like to know how you did the flat rides, im guessing it's just new ones with the base edited out? The new land tiles are pretty cool, but it sounds like that was just editing the games tiles. Then there is the stations with without stations and entries, well I have been able to do that will hacking for a few years, but I would like to know how your doing it, I don't think your hacking?

Awesome work all the same.

Yes the two land tiles are just replacing two others like I said. And the rest I have edited the images, all using the programme which lucas linked to(it's in german but is very easy to use, I worked it out in like 5 minutes) which allows you to edit the hardcoded images. The only disadvantage is that people would need to also send their g1.dat, or link to a download otherwise if they viewed the park, they wouldn't actually see the changes.

Edited by JJ, 27 August 2007 - 11:10 PM.

• JJ%s's Photo
    Release

Basically this will edit some of your images in game. Please read the readme as it will explain everything in more detail. For now I'll just give a brief overview of what this does.

1. This will change the checker land in to a black tile land, this should allow you to use black tiles quicker and will save object space.
    Posted Image

2. This changes the abstracts in to coloured checkers.
    Posted Image

3. All Flat Ride bases have been made invisible.
    Posted Image

4. And so have all stations.
    Posted Image

5. And so have all DEFAULT entrances and exits to rides (these are working)
    Posted Image

If you wish to uninstall this then you will need to replace your g1.dat with the backup that is made. You can find the backup as a zip in the Data folder.

You can download this from here.

Enjoy :)
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Great job on it JJ!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading