(Archive) Advertising District / Would-be PT concept

• Milo%s's Photo
    it's the running tracks of a giant movable crane that moves between a canyon.... and it's part of a large construction facility making a set of bridges as part of a large outpost on Mars being constructed (could actually be on a futuristic Earth but what the hell, Mars makes everything cooler)

Do I even have to mention it's a Concept Creation?... probably one of many that comes from my PT plans...

Posted Image

Edit- lol yeah... should show more soon.... this is obviously the less finished and less exciting side...
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I don't get it :(
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    A big crane? oÔ
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    You know my thoughts....good and creepy.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not creepy, but definitley spooky or neither lol....:p

Edited by RCTCA, 27 August 2007 - 06:38 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    lol... thanks I guess...

Here's the bigger shot I promised...

Shows the platform that moves along the rails across the canyon. The cross shaped bit is the platform the crane will be put on and it's supposed to move side to side laterally so the crane can switch to either side of the structure when needed. The barrels are the smaller rollers for the smaller platform.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    JEEZE. That must of taking a lonng time lol. Really nice job OLE....really nice job..:)
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Oh my god.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Actually it didn't take very long at all. Some of the more detailed bits will though. Like what this crane will be constructing...
  • Highball%s's Photo
    It's a good idea, can't say I agree with the execution though.
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Interesting stuff! Altough I'd consider using the waterfall segments of the rapid river to construct those 'walls', if you'd like to get rid of the gaps between the layers (well, unless it's meant to look like that. Ignore what I've just said in that case : p ).

Can't wait to see what this massive thing will look like when finished.

Edited by Corkscrew, 28 August 2007 - 02:41 AM.

• Milo%s's Photo

It's a good idea, can't say I agree with the execution though.

As far as where exactly? It's so unfinished all you really see is the rough idea.

Thanks for the comments though... probably all I'll be showing for Fiesta...

The waterfall walls are a good idea and I'll probably go back and edit some walls but sometimes I need to use the height of the main rapids track to figure out the scale of things.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    you make some ambitious stuff, can't say I would ever have the patience to do all that. Right now though I can't really tell what I'm looking at, hopefully that will change.
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    If you do the rest of the crane as nice as the start ... the project will be really great =)

Edited by Fr3ak, 30 August 2007 - 01:40 AM.

• Trajan%s's Photo
    Tbh, I don't find it that interesting. Sure it's a great original idea but you didn't manage to make it look very good. I'm sure you could pull off a much better looking and involving version of the same thing.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    thanks for the comments

yyo- thanks although it's not as time consuming or difficult as it looks ;) and at this stage it is a bit tough to tell what's what.. that should change as I add covers and details to things

freak- thanks... i hope it stays as good too

trajan- well, i understand what you're saying but building things like this in rct is where i get the most fun out of so basically I don't care if it holds your attention or not... it's MY attention only that I care about. That said, I don't think you realise just how unfinished these screens are, there are still many many little details to be layered in and the crane hasn't even been started yet so this is just a very very bare version of what it will eventually be. This probably isn't a good stage to show screens but I like to show the scale of the project before adding all the details in. Also, this is the type of thing that you open up in game and look at and explore... short of several overviews, screens don't really do this type of thing justice imo.

didn't really understand your bit about being able to build a better version... if i could make it better I would have......
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I think it'll be a lot more impressive once you put something underneath the thing to show that it's not on the ground. But, yeah. Gotta figure out a way to hide the water on the tops of the track, though.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Well obviously I do need to cover the water... I'm kinda stuck on that though, because track glitches withe the waterslides and barrels and path is a bitch to work with around track sometimes so I may need to lower tracks with codex by one unit one by one and then raise up go-karts to cover each bit of track.

If anybody has any other ideas for covers I'd be glad to hear them though...
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    How did you done it her?
    *click*
  • Milo%s's Photo
    that's go kart track which glitches in this situation because there is the waterslide track on the rapids now...

edit- btw thanks for reminding me about that project... I think I still have that somewhere on my comp... maybe should work on it...
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ We should turn it into that duo we wanted to. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading