Theme Park Discussion / Voodoo- Dorney Park

• JDP%s's Photo
    Well over the summer I have been going back and forth on web sites and talking with people about the relocation of Steel Venom and how it could be possibly going to Dorney Park. I have not received any correct answers besides the fact of what Dorney Park stated when it asked for permission to construct a new ride for the park. Every thing was on point for the details of the coaster. Even though it is a possible relocation, I would still very happy that Dorney Park is receiving a new coaster. For months I have been checking DorneyParkonline.com for all the details along with may other sites. I myself have went to the area of where the coaster is to be built and seen red flags of where the supports may go. So after a long and patient wait, I checked RCDB to find that the very last coaster for 2008 was for Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom. This basically made my day. Finally it is official that Dorney Park will be receiving Steel Venom form Geauga Lake. However, the new name for the coaster is Voodoo. I doubt anyone on this site cares about this as much as I do, but I figured I will get this situation cleared.

Thanks.

-JDP

Edited by JDP, 28 April 2008 - 01:31 PM.

• gir%s's Photo
    The bigger story is that the park you're getting it from, Geauga Lake, is becoming exclusively a water park.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Hmm no way. That's cool and all but I would still rather have the best of both worlds imo. But yeah, I forgot to mention above that anyone coming to Dorney Park in the mid future, go down to where the Sky Scraper used to be and you will see this!
    -JDP

Attached Files

Edited by JDP, 25 September 2007 - 06:56 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    ah crap, where is Batman Knight Flight gonna go?
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Kings Dominion apprently
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^ That will fit in nicely down there. I am looking forward to where the rest of their coasters go. I doubt the woodies will be relocated though...
    -JDP
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Anyone know when Dorney will be doing a formal announcement for Voodoo?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Well no. They Probably will not really give an official address until Halloweekends are over. This is the only thing Dorney Park has really done on there web site regarding Voodoo.

..And besides the fact they have that sign as I have linked above.
    -JDP
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    They're going to slay Big Dipper? Why god... Why kill the John Miller?!

Otherwise I don't really see the problem, they're basically moving them to parks were I'll get to ride them eventually anyway.

Ride6
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

Well no. They Probably will not really give an official address until Halloweekends are over. This is the only thing Dorney Park has really done on there web site regarding Voodoo.

..And besides the fact they have that sign as I have linked above.
    -JDP

Sounds pretty cool. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to some of the more "extreme" amusement parks.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    If anyone is wondering how this was going, I have some pictures to post... a lot, lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy...
    -JDP
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Are they going to repaint it? Usually, when I hear of Voodoo I think of purple or something. Not yellow and Blue.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah the track color is fine. However, the supports are awful for its theme.

They said it looks better for Dorney Parks skyline... damn Cedar Fair.
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading