Music Forum / Best song ever!

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    I'm not talking about your favorite song, I'm talking about the best song ever written. Not the one that sold the most, but the song that you think is the most famous, most inspiring song ever.

I cast my vote for "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    You know I even like that song somewhat, but come on.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    rock lobster
  • hpg%s's Photo
    Sex Farm Woman
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I'm putting up something absurd here.

John Miles - Music

It is by far not a perfect song, but it is a great tribute to music in general, covers various music genres and I love how it always works in shows with many people.

Most inspiring song - just listen to some classical music and wonder how it can sound like it was written today, but there is way too much to just point out one song.
  • Peeee%s's Photo
    Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.

...I mean it's eye of the tiger - who doesn't know it?
    Not to mention it's an awesome song...
  • Milo%s's Photo
    There is none; it's all personal opinion.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Horrible topic for a thread. The best song ever probably hasn't been written yet since recorded music has only really been around as a significant cultural entity for 70 years (give or take). We've seen a lot of music in that time; piles of stylistic shifts and the creation and destruction of entire genres. To claim one song can sum up all that's come in that time would be blasphemy.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify my indecision, because I can't even decide what my favorite song is, let alone judge 'the best'.

Ride6
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Well, I would have to say 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling' by The Righteous Brothers...just cause it was the song most played on the radio in the 20th century.
  • catachresistant%s's Photo
    Afroman - Because I Got High
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Dethklok
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    There will be an answer, let it be let it be... >_<.

a serious stab in the dark though.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Beethoven's 9th ;)
  • 5dave%s's Photo

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Dethklok

I second that!

"MFG"
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Iron Maiden "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i'd probably say Beethovens 5th.
    NASA didn't put 'Eye of the Tiger' on the Voyager satellites to represent humanity in the event that they stumbled upon intelligent life somewhere out there. They put beethoven's 5th- the single most recognized 4 bars of music ever.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 29 September 2007 - 10:17 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    MA & R_E, I deleted 8 combined posts you made (and one reply BOB made, lol). If you want to have a pointless bitchfight please feel free to in a shitpile topic or something, but it ends here.

On topic... odds are I have listened to less music then anyone here, but I think the best song I ever heard is Guilty Conscience by Eminem & Dr. Dre.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    S&G - Sound of silence
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

but I think the best song I ever heard is Guilty Conscience by Eminem & Dr. Dre.

Seriously? I've never even heard that song. (I don't really listen to rap anyway.)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading