Micro Madness / Micro Madness is Underway!

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Any idea of when we'll know who the judges will be?
    It's certainly different if you know you have a judge that prefers very realistic stuff vs. total fantasy or something.

Either way... I've started. I have a main layout, now I just need to start the theming, which may take a while...
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

Any idea of when we'll know who the judges will be?
    It's certainly different if you know you have a judge that prefers very realistic stuff vs. total fantasy or something.
    Either way... I've started. I have a main layout, now I just need to start the theming, which may take a while...

Layout? You found room for an actual track!?! Or are you just talking about park layout?

I'm still debating whether or not I want to squeeze a tracked ride in there or not... I'm probably going with "not".
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I have track rides, but no actual coasters ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    i thought the deadline to sign up was november 12

oh well, guess I'll just sit this one out. *shrug*
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Im hoping to throw coasters in all the ones I make. I've got a coaster in one already. Just means you have to loose a little on length and find a way to still make it interesting.

Edited by Loopy, 31 October 2007 - 11:18 AM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    should be fun but even if i win once I still have no chance against RCTNW
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ - Not so sure about that. Remember, I build on large scale. 15x15 is not my strong point
  • Milo%s's Photo
    so do I ;)
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I have a question: we can build whatever we want? I mean, is it better if we build some rides or what?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Build whatever you want ... a panel of judges or public voting to determine the winner ...

Should say all. Build a ride if it fits in, don't if it doesn't. Do something with your 15² nobody was expecting to see and you should have it.

Good luck.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Wait, do we need to make a park for each deadline, or is it just one park for the whole thing? I was thinking it was the latter, but I suppose I could do one for each.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    One per round.
    Otherwise the deadlines would hardly make sense. ;)

Hope you get some parks in.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

i thought the deadline to sign up was november 12

oh well, guess I'll just sit this one out. *shrug*

No no no... you still can make an entry and in your case I think it stands a good chance of getting in with the iffy high seeds we have like Blitz, RRP and Fatha, so please do one anyways, turn it in and see what happens.

RCFanB&M - Yes you can make whatever you want.

Xcoaster - :lol: One per round.

Also the judges will be about 7 people who will get the password to a forum where the entries will be posted and they can vote on who wins. I think since this is not the PT and the results will come quickly I could tell you who they are when we have picked them.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Good luck to everyone. I'm hoping I can make it past the first round and enjoy this competition a little more.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

are we allowed to show screens? maybe dump-place should be designated the MMM screen release topic, or a separate one created.

still not answered.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Do you really want your competition seeing what you're building?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    sure. they need all the help they can get. :p
    really, though. a few teasers to psych out the competition could go a long way.
    I see nothing wrong with a full overview, either.
    If a bunch of minis is all we're gonna be working on for a month there ought to at least be some screens. =/
    maybe a 'progress of my round 1 MMM park' thread is in order.

or if you feel like showing off, particularly to those people who seem to think you can't fit a decent layout in a 15x15 block.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Ive heard some stuff about predictions but I haven't seen anyone post and official predicitions. So Im wondering if Im missing something or not. Or if the brackets are set up in predicted order.

Also, I think it might be interesting to have a consolation bracket. Im not just saying that because Im probably going to lose. Alright maybe I am. But yeah I think it would be an interesting thing to have.

EDIT:Alright so the first ten seconds after I posted this I saw the Micro Madness Predictions topic. :drool:

Edited by Camcorder22, 31 October 2007 - 10:12 PM.

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    (in response to Kumba)

I just need to install vista on this Mac first. Or try, anyway. *shrug*

Then I'm gonna need to get like posix to remind me how to set up RCT 1 and 2. lol
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of some other micro parks or projects?

Just so the more inexperienced players know what has, and what hasn't been done...

Thanks,
    -disneylhand

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading