Micro Madness / Micro Madness - Round 1 Results

• Comet%s's Photo
    Ride6- That was by far my favorite entry so far. The pace on the woodie was good, as was the layout and pretty much everything else about it. The scrambler, food bar, and information kiosks were also really great extras. And the fact that it was all peepable just makes it that much better.

Only thing I didn't love was the go karts. I thought it would have been a little bit more organized looking if you made a small gift shop or something along those lines, and you would've done fine without it.

bug33558- Yours was a pretty good entry. I loved the idea with the base camp, that was probably the best part of the entry for me.

I think everything else will start coming with time though, just keep going at it.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I loved the woodie :D
  • Levis%s's Photo
    @ nice6 -> not bad :) nice little park

@ bug33558 -> nice attempt but this oponend was just to good for you ...
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Ride6- Nice little park. But I do kind of agree with what was said about the go-kart track. It seemed really squeezed in there.

bug33558- A narthex is a church entrance hallway. Nice try with this park. It was not bad, not bad at all.

-disneylhand

Edited by disneylhand, 18 November 2007 - 04:14 PM.

• bug33558%s's Photo
    i thought i had made it up
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    @ Bugetc..: not a bad entry at all. Others already pointed out the flaws, but I liked the base camp idea a lot! Next time I am sure you can execute such a thing even much better, and I am sure you'll come there if you just go on!

@Ride6: my favourite entry so far: simply amazing how you got a handsome and well-working woodie on just half of this mini-map, (!), and then still a flat ride as well as a tracked ride, and even all necessary shops and stalls to keep RCT-peeps happy, and make that all still look very pleasant....I take my hat off for that!!!
    (no, I had no problems with the go-karts :lol: )

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Oh man, I saw Kumba's because he sent it when I sent mine so I would know he didn't change his after he saw mine.

I don't have high hopes.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Match-Up #4: Kumba vs. RaPiPo

#2 Kumba with his entry:
    The Canyon of Cruces

Posted Image

#15 RaPiPo with his entry:
    Metalworks

Posted Image

After 3 votes by the judges, the winner, by a score of 3 to 0, is... Kumba

Kumba advances to round two, where he will take on the winner of the ][ntamin22 vs. Wicksteed match-up.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Wow I saw how amazing Kumbas was and thought RaPiPros would only be a fraction as good since hes a #15 but I was pleasantly suprised since his looks great to. So nice try at beating Kumba but its pretty damn hard to beat something like he did.

Also, Im about to send mine in so...yeah. Don't know how far RCTNW is on his since hes been pretty busy lately.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    What a coincidence. Both parks had quite similar concepts for the main rides. Kumba's was executed better. Plus he had another full-scale roller coaster, and a few other attractions (a few of which were very innovative).

Sorry RaPiPo, but all of your stuff looks the same. I don't think you'll be able to get very far with this. I'd love it if you'd prove me wrong, though. I have a question for you--what are you going to do with the two other completed micros? Both of them were better, IMO, than this one.

-disneylhand
  • Levis%s's Photo
    nice attempt RaPiPo, I think by now your seed is raised a lot already. just send in you other entrys for CC and I think one or two will be good enough :) .
    you improve really fast and thats a sign of talent :) , you had just bad luck to face Kumba now already.

well Kumba, you know what I think about your entry already :) , its done very nice .... now please dont raise the level more for round 4 :p .
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Thx guys, im glad you like mine. I was not really going for anything to fancy, just something really nice so I went with this fairly simple red-canyon theme and that was partly to remind people of Red Ram which I won with in the first round of qftb-x years ago. As far as later rounds go I will be going all out. As a high seed there is a target on my head and people might be saving up their best entries for me, so I plan to bring my best stuff every round.

RaPiPo your entry was pretty good, I liked the atmosphere of rust, just you seem a little to repetitive, you just start something and keep doing that style it seems, you might want to mix it up a little more and try harder when it comes to rides was the ones you had here were pretty weak. Good work and I am sorry that your other micros can't be used in the contest now.

Levis about CF dropping out, if he does before the deadline id replace him with Luigi, but if it just gets to be Dec. 3rd and I don't have anything it gets confusing. Odds are strong that we will have more dropouts then replacements and then it gets hard to manage because if that happens some people would walk into round two thx to a forfeit and others would have the possibility of being beat by a replacement. What I might do is just replace the highest seeds (#1 downward) that drop out.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Wow, Kumba was right. I was talking to him on AIM a couple days ago and he mentioned being nervous about facing RaPiPo, saying something about "a taget on his forehead." :lol: He really meant it, and I think RaPiPo turned in a great entry. I'm surprised he didn't get at least one vote, though. Granted, I would've voted for Kumba as well, but it was a tough call for me.

Oh, and BTW Kumba:

Zodaic advances to round two, where we will take on the winner of the RRP vs. nin match-up.

It's Xin, not nin. (That just goes to show how much of an obscurity I am...:'()
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I have to say I was pretty impressed with RaPiPo's entry as well. Loved the colors and general layout and the dull colored trees actually looked pretty nice. It was a touch repetitive but I though the architecture was quite good. Only weak spot was the rides... a non working flat and baby fishhook type thing just didn't quite cut it. And in comparison with Kumba's it felt kinda lifeless. Still I must say it was a pleasant surprise.

Kumba's of course was very good and executed very well. The Rise and Fall didn't really do much for me though but I did like the bumper at the end :). The flat was good as was the other coaster and the terraces for the freefall ride. Great job and I look forward to seeing more micros.

looks like I need to work on some writeups lol
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Match-Up #5: CedarPoint6 vs. CX360

#1 CedarPoint6 with his entry:
    Heatwave

Posted Image

#16 CX360 with his entry:
    RCT2 Micro Madness Bench(2)

Posted Image

After 3 votes by the judges, the winner, by a score of 3 to 0, is... CedarPoint6

CedarPoint6 advances to round two, where he will take on Midnight Aurora in what will likely be a clash of realistic RCT2 vs. fantasy LL and that could make for one amazing match-up!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Kumba, your entry looks fantastic. Just thought I'd let you know. So does yours, CedarPoint6.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I knew this was coming.
    Thanks for your semi-positive replies.

I feel relieved.

Edited by RaPiPo, 19 November 2007 - 04:04 PM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    congrats CP6 :) .

what does is that track piece suppost to be in CX360's entry ?
  • Corey%s's Photo
    It's supposed to give the illusion that it continues on off-screen. That's what I built the park to convey. A small portion of a bigger park.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Ehh thats not really the point. Your supposted to try to make a full park with what you can on the space. But I guess you could try to go for something different which is what you did, but it wasn't pulled off very well. Way too much open space and only two real rides.

As for CP6, your coaster looks nice and so does the area around it. Pretty simple and not too much, but nice atmosphere. I like how it can have a good amount of scenery and track and not seem too crowded.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading