Ask the Experts / RCT2 reboots pc

• Rockwell%s's Photo
    I got a new pc (an emachine with Windows XP) with enough RAM to run the game, my last pc had no trouble whatsoever.

The problem is whenever I'm in the middle of the game my pc reboots after clicking a button in the game. This is quite random and can happen in the scenario editor or in any saved park.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm seeing some more talented work come from you guys, but I can't view them without being frustrated.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I've heared this problem before ... and till now I dont know any solution ...
    some think it has something to do with the video card so you could try to update your video card drivers.
    others think it has something to do with a corrupt register so you could try to uninstal rct2 clean the register of any rct2 things and instal it again.
    others think it has something to do with corrupt files so you could try to uninstal rct2 and deleter any file of rct2 wich is still on you comp and instal it again.
    I've also heared someone blaming the OS but personally I think thats not true ... but if you are really desperate you could try to instal windows again (I must admit this solution helped someone).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading