(Archive) Advertising District / Grand Valley Amusements

• Corey%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    This is Grand Valley Amusements, or codename "The Return". Why might it be called that? Because this park is returning, bigger and better than ever.
    How big you might ask? In RCT2 terms, 256x256, which is as big as it goes.
    Another question might be, why so big? Because there will be a parking lot, two hotels, and of course, the amusement park itself. And I'm doing this entire park on my brand new laptop!

And now, for the first update of Grand Valley Amusements "The Return", I present to you the start of a massive parking lot. Each row has 25 spaces. And there are 12 rows so far, which equals 300 parking spaces so far. I hope to get that number closer to 1,000 when this thing is done.
    Now, onto the first two screens of GVA.

Posted Image
    This first image shows the entrance to the parking lot, complete with welcome sign.

Posted Image
    And this second picture shows an overview of the parking lot so far.

This GVA will be done the way I wanted it to be done the first time.
    And I end this update, with those two most famous words.

Comments Welcome!
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    why not wait til the 'massive' parking lot is finished?
  • Corey%s's Photo
    Same old shitty disposition I see. :)
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ Well what do you expect him to say? There's not much there. I mean it's a parking lot with every single surrounding square containing a tree. Once you start the amusement park we'll be able to give you some useful comments.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Fucking idiot.

The architecture doesn't quite capture the essence and atmosphere of what you're going for, I find it to be square and brown. Also, I strongly dislike the foliage, as it is thoughtless and unprovocative.

I feel this park has no structure, where is it going?

There, comments. Happy?

I look forward to seeing the park though :)
  • Tornado6%s's Photo
    I see nothin' but a parkin' lot.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Theres not even enough to put in the dump place.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Given your past posting history, cx360, I'm going to be a complete dickhead about this and say you're as much as an embarrassment to this website as Xin is.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Wow! A parking lot!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I want to visit this amusement park :D
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I really doubt you'll finish this park. A 256x256 is extremely hard to fill up and when I mean fill up, I am talking about rides and buildings that will relate to your park. I don't want to see a third of the park made up of landscaping. I don't know how well your park making skills are but i totally recommend lowering this map size because I seriously doubt you will complete it. But hey best of luck and have fun.
    -JDP
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    a park is more than a few days worth of work.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I don't understand why there's a parking lot, is it supposed to be realistic or something? It just seems like a waste of time.
  • Grand Admiral%s's Photo
    I'll be sure to thank the attendant when I park my car. Otherwise there's no need for it at all.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    hey, is this that one ride where you just drive around in circles, looking for a spot to put your car? & then you get out, look around for a moment, and then get back in and go home??

Cause, seriously, I hate that ride.
  • JDP%s's Photo

a park is more than a few days worth of work.

Well yeah, but still you can get frustrated when building and have a tendency to get "park makers block". Then when that occurs, you lose inspiration and have a tendency not to care and just give up. I am building a park half the size right now and strive on any inspiration I can get just so that I finish it. I am not saying this will happen, but I am going to predict that it will. Just my 2 cents.
    -JDP
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    PARKING

Nice park!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading