2007 / NE Awards Chat?

Which is Better?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    We could go either way. IRC has way more features, but is confusing to use. AIM is simple, has less features, but it seems more people would be able to log on.

I perfer AIM coz it's simple, but go ahead and vote so I can know what you guys want to go with.

Also awards voting will close on the 16th so stuff can be made. I think I will have small sig snippets made for the winners.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I don't really understand why people have problems with mIRC, so i would personally just stick with it. I wouldn't have a problem with AIM though.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I could go either way but I have to say that the "mute all" function of mIRC was great last year because of dipshits talking during the awards... so I say mIRC
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    You can use any IRC client to access the IRC channel, not just mIRC. I also think IRC would be best as you can control who can talk.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

I could go either way but I have to say that the "mute all" function of mIRC was great last year because of dipshits talking during the awards... so I say mIRC

I agree!
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    While I can see that IRC has some benefits, I don't want to go through all of the hassle of creating an account and everything just for the NE Awards. I say that IRC is a better chat tool, but voted for AIM because it's much more practical for me.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, that's excatly my reason. I vote for AIM.

Edited by RCTCA, 08 January 2008 - 01:48 PM.

• Magnus%s's Photo
    IRC all the way!
    Might actually make it this time ...
  • JJ%s's Photo
    AIM would have lots of people being annoying and you may even get people inviting loads of random people.... And IRC is better cos of the previous reasons.

Also people would have to create account for AIM(those who don't have it) while anyone can use IRC.

Also AIM would require you to know someone in the CHAT and post user accounts or something so that everyone could be invited and if you disconnect it's harder to get back in than with IRC

Edited by JJ, 08 January 2008 - 03:34 PM.

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    i voted AIM because its seem more accessable, but as long as someone gives instructions for how to get on IRC, im fine either way!

FK
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ It's just as easy as getting on to AIM, really.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I vote AIM! But I'm not going to be there, because I don't give a shit about who wins what!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Except you don't have to register
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I prefer AIM so I don't have to set mIRC up and stuff again. lol
  • Ride6%s's Photo

You can use any IRC client to access the IRC channel, not just mIRC. I also think IRC would be best as you can control who can talk.

Yes.

Ride6
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I voted for aim since I have an account, but JJ said you don't need to register for IRC and it sound a little better, so I guess Im leaning towards that now.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I voted AIM because that's what I have an account for, but either one is fine for me.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    just to get it clear
    you can acces a IRC channel with a simple java applet to right?
    and you dont really have to register.
    in that case I'd say IRC
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I would say AIM, but I don't want 10 million recent buddys and IRC works fine, if you have java installed. I think I understand it.

But is there any way to get to it besides nedesigns.com/chat? I couldn't find any links on the site.

Edited by RaPiPo, 08 January 2008 - 08:19 PM.

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    You don't get the people you chat with in chatrooms on your recent buddies list, if I'm correct.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading