2007 / NE Awards Chat?

Which is Better?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    NE/chat has never worked for me anyway, despite other IRC things working.

trout are appealing.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    You guys serious? From what I can gather by reading the posts in this thread, BOTH seem equally easy to use, so who gives? I'm pretty sure you can just delete your recent buddies list entirely, and for those of you complaining about not being able to "mute" people, then you sort of defeat the entire purpose of the chat to begin with.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    AIM is far too casual and uncontrolled for this, in my opinion. and i'm sure most don't use the same name on NE as AIM...
  • Carl%s's Photo
    The "recent buddies" feature is a setting you can turn on and off in AIM, no need for that to be a deturrent. Not that Im endorsing AIM, though...
  • Milo%s's Photo

You guys serious? From what I can gather by reading the posts in this thread, BOTH seem equally easy to use, so who gives? I'm pretty sure you can just delete your recent buddies list entirely, and for those of you complaining about not being able to "mute" people, then you sort of defeat the entire purpose of the chat to begin with.

Were you at the awards chat last year?

No?

Ok thanks for the input. Bye now.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Were you at the awards chat last year?

No?

Ok thanks for the input. Bye now.

You know, usually I would just ignore posts like this because, frankly, I don't care. But in a fit of boredom, I searched the boards to stumble upon this:

http://forums.nedesi...w...c=16238&hl=

Apparently, I was there, and I won something.

In your defense though, OLE, I barely remember the awards, but you don't need to be such a dick about it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    MOD fight! :popcorn:

Heres my idea, we start at 2:30 with some of the minor awards (+ stuff ;) ) in an AIM chat while the IRC is set up and we make sure everyone gets in. IRC will be for the big stuff at 3pm (EST).

With 20 something topics I think thats a good idea.

Also I want to bump the time up a bit so no one misses the end of an NFL playoff game. If it looks like that will happen the awards will pause... even if you live in Europe... it won't be late for you guys anyways :)
  • JJ%s's Photo
    If it was a Friday night or Saturday night... It being late for the Europeans wouldn't matter so much... But since it's a damn Sunday and school night... Well it isn't exactly late as such anyways I guess :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I really really wanted it to be a Saturday, but I will need to cover basketball games and be away the next to two Saturday's from 3-10pm which really ruins all chances of it being at a reasonable time for everyone :-|

Unless 1pm (EST) is not to early for our west coast friends who would need to be on at 10am for a show that starts then?
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Works for me
  • Milo%s's Photo

You know, usually I would just ignore posts like this because, frankly, I don't care. But in a fit of boredom, I searched the boards to stumble upon this:

http://forums.nedesi...w...c=16238&hl=

Apparently, I was there, and I won something.

In your defense though, OLE, I barely remember the awards, but you don't need to be such a dick about it.

You're right... I didn't... AND I stand corrected, I guess you were there and I didn't remember. Let me just say that as I remember it.. the mute all function of mIRC was almost essential for the awards ceremony just in how it was done. Kumba would say a winner and then all the runners up which took a bit of time to do and the mute function prevented things from being seperated between comments. Then people would be unmuted and would comment on the results for a while and then Kumba would mute all and post the next results blah blah blah. It was also used in the trivia game (which only lasted about 10 seconds) as a way to avoid answers being put in at the wrong time.

So there was a reason for me and others saying that mIRC would be better than aim for this reason, not because we're morons and didn't see that it defeats the purpose of chat as you said (and why you felt the need to say this I can't see... hence my post).

Edit- funnily enough if it's moved to Saturday like it looks like it will be, my chances of going drop to like 1% so what the fuck do I care?
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I agree with that, OLE, the mute all was ESSENTIAL, and I dont know that AIM has an equivalent function.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Ole - I think he is just moving the time on Sunday to an earlier time slot since Kumba can't do it on Saturday
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I mean 3pm is actually fine... It's only like 8 or 9pm European

The awards don't last THAT long do they???

Edited by JJ, 09 January 2008 - 03:13 PM.

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    So wait. What time (EST) and what day is this on?

I need to set some time to do this aside. lol
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    (AIM) Saturday the 19th at 1:30pm EST and (IRC) Sunday the 20th at 3:00pm EST.

More info later.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    on a saturday I need to work till 12 AM so thats not going to work for me :( .
    probally be there the sunday (altough I believe its 9 hours diffrence for me so that means 6 AM :p ).

oh wait its only 6 hours according to tyandor.
    ok than its 9 o clock
    no problemo :) .
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    9am for me.
    oh need to stay up early it seems :p

"MFG"
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    AIM? wont be there
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Not gonna be able to make it on Saturday. :[

Tags

• No Tags