Theme Park Discussion / Coaster Collection

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I suppose since this place has to do somewhat with coasters, that some people here collect things from parks. I'm interested to see what people collect that's related to parks. Sure, I'm sure we have tons of maps ant T-shirts and stuff, but what else?

Here's mine:

Posted Image
    Little things:
    -Postcards
    -Playing cards (including some from Vekoma)
    -Magnets
    -Technical Park mini calendar
    -Mirabilandia mousepad
    -Zamperla balloon
    -S&S Mints

Posted Image
    -GCI tote bag
    -Zamperla bag
    -Walibi ears

Posted Image
    Some brochures from various companies, more ride data sheets in the folders.

Posted Image
    Maps, manufacturer brochures, bags, and other random stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image
    Moser calendar

Posted Image
    Piece of track and rail from Myrtle Beach's Hurricane

Posted Image
    Shot glass collection.
    I started at the beginning of the 07 season... I may have overdone it a bit. Strange collection too, for someone that doesn't drink.

Posted Image
    CP Posters

Posted Image
    Mug Collection
    From L-R: CF, EGF, Storm Runner, Walibi, Abismo, Tibidabo, Mirabilandia, Mystery Mine, Montu, Volcano, Port Aventura

Posted Image
    -Lanyards from ACE events
    -Postcards
    -Keychains
    -License plate holder
    -CP Breakers room key

Posted Image
    -Don't mind my ugly mug.
    -CP Breakers ice bucket
    -Millennium snow globe

Posted Image
    Another CP poster

Posted Image
    Katun thing

Posted Image
    -Goliath pic signed by Walter Bolliger
    -Onrides
    -Piece of lift cable from EGF

Posted Image
    Maps, keychains, etc

Posted Image
    RC! Magazines
    Herb Schmeck book

Posted Image
    Maps

Posted Image
    Maps, promotional poster thing

Posted Image
    Maps

That's all for now!

Not pictures:
    -More onrides
    -More maps
    -SFOG History book
    -Various other things
    -About 25 T-shirts

I also just bought a copy of the plans to the Crystal Beach Comet... it just hasn't arrived yet. Looking forward to it...

So go dig out your closets and dust off your shelves-- what have you got? Feel free to comment on other people's too!

(Also... If you're on CoasterForce, you'll notice I did this topic over there too)
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Nice collection.

The last time I went to a park was Alton towers when I was 11. I bought some candy floss, it was tasty. So my collections is zilch.

Edited by Marshy, 29 January 2008 - 02:50 AM.

• JJ%s's Photo
    Mmmm Let's see what stuff do I have...

Oh A giant giraffe cuddly toy from Busch Gardens (Christmas 06)
    Oh a giraffe cup from Busch Gardens (Chrismas 06)
    Oh a Busch Gardens Mug with my name on it (Like from when I was 10 or something :-/)
    Maybe a few maps...

Well I don't have much... But I collect giraffe's more :p Not coaster stuff :-/
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    I think I have a glow in the dark lizard from cedar point somewhere. Not sure how I lost that bastard, he was about four feet long.

I've got a cup from Kennywood a few years back, it was the first season for the top spin they put in..
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I have a Cornball Express hat, several t-shirts and many old park maps... and a TTD shot glass... But I really don't have much next to that collection because I have a bad habit of becoming obsessive over more than one hobby.

Ride6
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo

I have a Cornball Express hat, several t-shirts and many old park maps... and a TTD shot glass... But I really don't have much next to that collection because I have a bad habit of becoming obsessive over more than one hobby.

Ride6

Cornball Express... fun coaster. I got a shot glass up there this summer, but kind of wish I would've gotten more things.

I know what you mean about becoming obsessive about hobbies. This one's currently the most obsessive thing I'm doing. I just signed up for E-bay earlier this year, so I can see that being an issue if I'm on there too much. So far I'm doing pretty good... I've only gotten 2 shot glasses and a plan of the Crystal Beach Comet.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    When you start buying used toilet paper from Coney Island, we'll send Ca!ch for an intervention.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I only have stuff from parks I've actually been to.
    I think it's an ego-thing ;D

Maybe I'll post a pic someday.

"MFG"
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I always get a souvenir whenever I go to a new park, and I usually get postcards, magnets, and shot glasses or beer mugs, you know, stuff I can actually use :p
    I also keep all the park maps from every park Ive been to.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I collect debt.

• Steve%s's Photo
    I go to Walt Disney World a few times a year, so I have quite a few small things. My mother has a fairly large pin collection (which is pretty popular amongst Disney-ites I guess), and our house is filled with pictures of on-rides and family gatherings at the parks. That's about it. We have park maps and things, but it's pretty much all Disney.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I've got several coaster hats (Space Mountain, Dueling Dragons, Phantom's Revenge, a PKI hat, Scream!, etc..) but I haven't gone anywhere in a while, so that has kind of died. The only notable thing in my pile of coaster-related stuff is a Roller Coaster club of Great Britain hat. It has lots of cool embroidery, but its really cool because its misprinted. The embroidery on the back reads "The roller coaster of Great Britain."
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I do not collect maps or such and my collection is really small, but I really like what I have:

- a wheel from G'sengte Sau at Tripsdrill
    - a piece of wood from the supports of Troy signed by Chris Gray, Clair Hain Jr., the person who designed the trains and the president of the company responsible for the wooden structures of the ride

One could say I am collection books about physics, but I do not consider that a real collection so far. ;)

Magnus
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I have...
    Christmas ornaments from Hershey and Cedar Point
    A ticket book from Disneyland from around 1960, it has E-Tickets, D-Tickets, etc.
    A little statue of Mickey and Walt that I got at Disneyland.
    Books on the history of Disneyland, Cedar Point, Coney Island, and the Worlds Fair.
    About 10 unused Fast Passes from various Disney rides.
    A movie on Disneyland's first 50 years and a movie with onrides from all of Cedar Point's major coasters pre-Maverick
    And then countless on-rides and maps.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Oh I forgot I have a keychain of onride of Rattlesnake at Chessington from when I was little!
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I have a map from my local Six Flags park, and shot glasses from Disney World, and that's about it.

lol
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo

I do not collect maps or such and my collection is really small, but I really like what I have:

- a wheel from G'sengte Sau at Tripsdrill
    - a piece of wood from the supports of Troy signed by Chris Gray, Clair Hain Jr., the person who designed the trains and the president of the company responsible for the wooden structures of the ride

Magnus

That's some really awesome stuff. I have a piece of wood I got when they demolished Hurricane at Myrtle Beach, but that's all in that department. I'd love to have a wheel off a coaster-- that be absolutely incredible. I've talked to Clair and Chris before at IAAPa, but I didn't have them sign anything. That's a really great item.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I would never want a piece of a coaster :-/ That's not in anyways useful :-/ Then again my giraffe's aren't of much use :-'/
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I have not been to that many parks. Actually, I've been to 18, to be exact.
    My credits
    That collection is insane! It must be expensive, as well.

You look funny in your onride pic.

Edited by RaPiPo, 30 January 2008 - 07:39 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading