Micro Madness / #2 Kumba vs. #8 Zodiac

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Who would you choose as winner of this matchup?

• Milo%s's Photo
    hahahaha... once again I'll apologize for my hot headedness... there are some good quotes up there but I appreciate the one that goes: "winning an argument on the internet is like winning a race in the special olympics; you may be the victor but you're still a retard." or something like that.

I will say that most of this was the product of a boring Saturday afternoon although I do have some strong feelings on this subject as I don't appreciate people acting like the game can only be played one way or the other. And in my usual round-a-bout, jerky, idiotic way I guess I was trying to make the point of 'why doesn't everyone just build what they want to and that be it?'

If it's wanted I'll delete the offending posts to clean the topic and end the thread jack (including this one) or it can stand as a testament to stupidity.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Don't worry about deleting stuff. Otherwise, Steve comes off as an old geezer talking to himself.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah, why would you delete anything? Let it stand, it's fun to look at. :D

Steve, I pretty much agree with you, but you had a really bad day.
  • gir%s's Photo

there's not much Kumba could have done unless he wanted to be be unrealistic.

lol, wouldn't want to be unrealistic now. :p

I guess I'm more traditionalist when it comes to these things. I am personally tired of seeing these vertically-stretched parks, but I guess people don't feel like they can win with just one solid level of work. It's just the nature of the competition I suppose.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Congrats Kumba on the win, i think you deserved it. While Zodiac's was nice, and well detailed, like my first round park, it feel short on substance. it had no rides or coasters or anything. it was nice to look at, but lost it there.

Kumba's deserved the win, IMO, just because it had some rides and intresting bits to it. the ents were pulled of well, the coaster was fun to watch, it held my attention for much long then Zodiac's did, and for me, that means it better. the tower of Isengard was a bit boring, just tall and black, it did look alittle empty because it was stretched out from top to bottom, but it had more intresting things. the lava sword thing was awesome looking because the smoke made it acuatlly look like it was glowing, though glitchyness. it reminded me alot of levis in the LOTR aspect, but i liked it. i think you could have gone further, but its was better then Zodiac's IMO

Congrats both, and Kumba again for your win!

FK
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I am personally tired of seeing these vertically-stretched parks, but I guess people don't feel like they can win with just one solid level of work. It's just the nature of the competition I suppose.

Nailed it. There's a certain type of parkbuilding in this thing, just like there is for H2H and the Pro Tours. It comes with the territory. It's like in basketball, where NBA style doesn't wok internationally, and international style would flop under NBA rules.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I guess I should finally post something here. I really don't have much to say in this match.

Zodiac - Very nice. I loved it, even though it didn't have any rides. It was a splendid entry with some great architecture. It's a shame that it got DQ'ed for having "illegal objects." Congrats to making it so far! :mantis:

Kumba - I'm going to be completely honest here, so don't ban me, or slap me with a large trout. The bottom half was nice. It was a nice coaster with some nice theming. The top half... looked like shit. I think you could've done a little better with that scene from LotR (not so tall, maybe?). Still, congrats on making it to the Final Four! :mantis:
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    <Gwazi slaps Xin around a bit with a large trout>
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    <woofenskid takes the damn trout from gwazi, ties him down, and injects ten cc's of 97% heroin into his arm.>

Should have done that a long time ago.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    There is a micro-sized park in LL. Thought I'd chime in.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    <Xin slaps Gwazi around a bit with a large swordfish>

Wow, that actually made me feel good on the inside!
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

<Xin slaps Gwazi around a bit with a large swordfish>

Wow, that actually made me feel good on the inside!

This whole post is an innuendo.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    *insert joke about poking here*
  • JJ%s's Photo
    *remove poke*
  • cBass%s's Photo

I'll leave this site when something like cBass' Outpost wins Spotlight.

At least my parks have peeps.

/sayin'
  • Emergo%s's Photo

ISo, whatever. I'll leave this site when something like cBass' Outpost wins Spotlight.

^ No problem at all, Steve:

You, like everyone else is, are completely free to leave this site whenever they want.......

you don't even have to announce under what conditions you will or won't..... :lol:

Honestly....if we all leave because one or some decisions are not to our likings....this site would have been empty for years already.
    (I know you don't even mean it seriously, otherwise with so many negative posts you throw out you would have left long before...admit it, you just cannot..... :glare: :lol: )

Emergo
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Hey guys.

I'm leaving the site.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Bye Cork.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Good riddance.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Can I have his post count?

--

Your wish is my command... and then I've gone beyond your wish...
    ~Cork

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading