(Archive) Advertising District / IMAGINARIA: the magical land of trip

• Knobody%s's Photo
    hey everybody i would like to say "great job" to how ever runs or moderates this site, i've owned rct for ages, but have gotten right back into it motivated by my new park idea. i searched for rct recreational sites and by looking at the parks and forums this site just rapes everything else.

anyways on to my park. Imaginaria.
    i would like to share with you my "final draft" of brainstorming for this park. (about 15% completed on rct, but ill keep you posted)

Imaginaria was created by my imagination while i was tripping off a large dose of magic mushrooms. just like an author puts his pencil to *the paper and creates a story, i created a theme park. my dream is to *someday open this park, but then again thats just my dream..
    atleast for now hopefully i can create an model of the park on rct2 thats atleast 75% accurate, (not all the crazy features of the park can be made on rct)

here are a few quick facts about the fictional park.
    -imaginaria is located in Amsterdam, Holland
    -imaginarias motto "the magical land of trip" reflects the parks advocation of psycedelic drugs. Marijuana, Salvia Divinorum and Psylocibin Mushrooms can all be found and purchased in the "Mushroom Forrest" section of the park.
    -imaginaria has over 40 rides and attractions spread out into 7 different "lands" of the park. (Imagine Town, The Rainbow Castle, The Mushroom Forrest, The North Pole, Treasure Cove, Galaxy City, and Horror Land.
    -although the smallest "land" in size and area, The Rainbow Castle is the center and cornerstone to the park, lying on top of rainbow mountain, which is in the very center of the park and overshadows imaginetown. The castle can be seen from any non-enclosed area of the park other than most dense areas of the mushroom forest.
    -the Imigination Express is a railroad train that circles and twists around the park with a station in every single land.

-the lands:

IMAGINE TOWN: the entrance to the park, imagine town is a very bizzare and grotesque looking town with building of odd shapes and bright colors. most of the parks merchindise and information is located in imagine town. imagine town is made up of one main street leading to the town square. side streets half way down the main street branch into Treasure Cove (left) and into Galaxy City (right) the town square also has side streets branching into The Mushroom Forrest (left) and The North Pole (right). directly above and behind the town square lies rainbow mountain. there is a "portal" colorful tunnel ramp that can be entered threw town square and up into the castle.
    rides and attractions:
    *Imagination Express station 1. (transportation train) located in time square, station is sloped or caved into rainbow mountain.
    *Character Carousel-a merry-go-round with hundreds of popular fictional characters to ride.
    *Sky Cars-located on top of the entrance to the park, the sky cars (gondolas) fly you directly over imagine town and into the rainbow castle.

TREASURE COVE: treasure cove is a pirate themed area in the bottom left corner of the park. treasure cove is by far the biggest land in area. Treasure cove is made up of a tropical carribean island beaches soruonding the cove-like body of water. treasure cove branches into imagine town and into the mushroom forest.
    rides and attractions:
    *Imagination Express Station 7-ditto
    *The Swashbuckler-a swinging upsidown pirate ship
    *Red Beards Rum Shack-located in the little pirate harbor city area, red beards rum shack offers guests a variety of carribean rum.
    *Jolly Roger Falls-a very detailed river adventure, with a final drop plumitting over 100 feet out of an iconic mountain shaped like a skull, which can be seen from anywhere in Treasure Cove.
    *Dead Mans Caves-cross a swinging rope bridge into dead mans caves, an adventure and play area for everyone.
    *Captain Hooks Revenge-a 4th dimensional roller coaster painted black and red. the coasters lift and first drop area expand out of the accessable areas of treasure cove but wind in and out of caves, waterfalls, and twists and loops throughout the entire section of the park. ride has multiple 90 degree angles, inverts 6 overall times and has a highest drop of 210 feet

GALAXY CITY-possibly the most unique land, The Galaxy City is completely indoor and enclosed. (biggest challenge for rct2) the galaxy city gives quests the feeling of a futuristic space city with escalator glass tubes connecting giant glass bubble domes. when looked at the glass from the inside the guests see a pitch black background with stars, planets, meteors and spaceships of bright colors and vivid sounds.
    rides and attractions:
    *Imagination Express station 2-ditto
    *Alien Run-futurstic space race with hoover crafts
    *The Black Hole-an extremely dark spinning ride located undernearth the city.
    *Laser War-a laser quest like attraction
    *Starship Odyssey-a blast off rocket coaster twisting and looping all around the city sorounded by bright colors, stars, and planets. rides goes up to 80 MPH and loops 11 times, (what would be) a world record. the ride track is dark purple and the train is neon yellow.

THE MUSHROOM FORREST-the greatest area of the park, the mushroom forrest is one of the most unique and amazing places ever created. the forrest is very dark and gloomy, although bright colors appear frequently. the forrest is very steamy and misty as well. the main path (neon flashing lights) winds through the forrest, which has over 100 gigantic mecanical mushrooms.-some with faces, some that talk! most of the forrest is completly covered by giant mushrooms, the canopy completly covers the sunlight making it dark gloomy and trippy.the "magic trail" (neon road) eventually leads into treasure cove to the bottom,imagine town to the bottom right, horror land to the top right, and into one of the "portals" leading up to the rainbow castle.
    rides and attractions:
    *Imagination Express station 6-ditto
    *Shroom Spin-spinning mushrooms (instead of t-cups)
    *Grotto of many gnomes-a play area with the little gnomes who live in the mushroom forest
    *The Village-the mushroom village (mushroom houses) offers food, bathrooms, and of course-pyslocibin mushrooms.
    *Magic hoses-4 different "magic hoses" are located on the side of the trail. the hoses contain THC (like a vaporizer) and are attached to a mushroom shaped vending machine where you pay for each hit.
    *The Fantastic Adventure: an amazing 3-d laser light show. perfect when tripping.

THE NORTH POLE: the north pole is mainly a children's attraction, although its still a very unique and amazing area of the park. the north pole is a very snowy winter enviroment with giant candycanes, as well as other candies everywhere. like a winter wonderland, snow machines (decorated to look like candy canes) and artificial snow give the norrh pole an amazing winter wonderland enviroment.
    rides and attractions:
    *Imagination express station 3: ditto
    *Winter River-a great and well detailed river rapid adventures through the icy, and misty waters sorrounded by giant candies and snowy animals.
    *Santa's Workshop-Santa's workshop is a perfect attraction for kids with a play area and a workshop resembling the fictional stereotype of Santa's workshop.
    *Candy Land-gigantic candy factory
    *Frosty-mild spinning snowman ride
    *Abominole Snow Man-a mine train in and out the the yetis caves

HORROR LAND: all of the evil imaginary characters comes to life in horror land. horror land has a very gothic feel to it. horrors land enters the north pole through the underworld (hell-ish caverns that make up about 1/4th of horror land. the mosaleum in the graveyard has an entrance that leads to one of the rainbow castle "portals" . horror land also leads into the mushroom forest. horror land is in the very back of the park directly behind the rainbow castle.
    rides:
    *imagination express station 5-located in the cemetary
    *House Of Nightmares-a trippy and scary haunted house walkthrough
    *Evil Clowns Labyrinth-a circus maze filled with dead ends and spooks
    *Reaper of Doom-grim reaper themed thrill ride
    *The BoogeyMan-enter the boogeymans lair and take flight on this inverted ride reaching heights of 160 feet and inverting 4 times. the ride is green and purple.
    *RedRum Revine-a water area, with red-dyed water.
    *The Underworld caverns-no acutal rides but a really cool hell-ish firey cave walkthrough.

RAINBOW CASTLE: the castle overlooks the whole park, and contains 2 different rides inside of it. the castle lies on top of the great mountain. the castle looks similar to OZ and has a very bizzare but unique design. a very iconic imagine of the park. there are 4 "portals" which are rainbow light-up tunnel ramps that lead to the castle.
    rides:
    *imagination express station 5-
    *sky cars-lead down to the entrance from inside the castle
    *Rainbow Dragon adventure slides-tube slides of bright lights and colors.
    *Tower Of Terror-the highlight and "ultimate" thrill of the park. the tower of terror is a freefall stunt tower where the base is located in the dungeon of the castle, the tower lifts up and out of the castle (already on top of a mountain) rises over 600 feet (the tallest ride in the world) the tower is part of the castle (by far the highest point of the castle)

well, thats all i got so far, what do you guys think?
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    sounds good but go build more and come back with screens.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Either PM or E-mail (DRC2828@aol.com) me when you have screens. Unless your an NE Parkmaker you can't start an AD topic without screens, tho your ideas sound cool :)

Topic closed.
  • posix%s's Photo
    yeah, sure, he'll have one hell of a chance to actually post a screen when the topic is closed.
    also, whatever happened to the 48hours rule?

re-opened.

knobody, i congratulate you for such strong concept. looking forward to how you're going to pull it off in-game.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

yeah, sure, he'll have one hell of a chance to actually post a screen when the topic is closed.
    also, whatever happened to the 48hours rule?

re-opened.

Good call, i've never understood why topics without screens should be closed. There's no need to close them, just don't post in them.

And i agree that this concept sounds very well structured. I hope you have fun with it, i look forward to seeing some.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    I like to see The Mushroom Forrest.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    All the ideas looks lovely and i can't wait to see some screens from this one :)
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Did anyone else think this park was going to be about drugs, based on the title alone? Maybe it's just me...

Either way, the ideas sound nice, but like everyone else, nothing can really be said until some pics are posted. And even then, you'll probably get a lot of critisism.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    This name has already been used. Twice.

The Original Imaginaria

Imaginaria: Discovery Bay

And I would advise you to have pics the next time you post, I dont care how much planning you did, its all just a bunch of bullshit if you dont actually build the park.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading