Related Games / Katrina - WATCH IT ONLINE NOW!

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

The floodwaters came slowly...

Posted Image

9:00 A.M.

Posted Image

11:00 A.M.

Posted Image

5:00 P.M.

Katrina.
    Summer 2008.

Principal photography for the second-half Katrina will begin May 25th.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Katrina Short Spot 1

I've decided to make a few mini-trailers as you await the final movie.

Watch on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFUQzoL4y78

Posted Image

I am happy to announce that the RCT3 portion of the movie is complete. It is about 20 minutes but keep in mind some of that might be cut down when the actual movie is released. The real-life part of the movie will most likely be quite longer.

Filming for the second half of the movie will begin in one week.

Some of the footage will be taken along the gulf coast and some interviews will be conducted in Pensacola Beach, Florida. We will return to New Orleans later in the summer to film the rest of the movie. I expect a mid to late summer release of the movie.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Watch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYdPw05GstE

Dear reader:

This is the final trailer for Katrina. Next month, the film that has been in the works for almost a year now will be released. Later this month we will return to New Orleans to get the rest of the footage and interviews needed for the film. This is the true blood of the film. The feelings, the firsthand accounts of rescues, the heartache, the recovery. These will all combine to give the second half of the film its energy.

I hope you enjoy this trailer and I look forward to sharing this film with you. Thank you for the continued support.

- J.R. Stevenson
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Katrina Music Video
    "Say (All I Need)" by One Republic.

This video features some lighter "real-life" footage that might not be shown in the movie.

Watch on Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=069QiLoglkE

Watch High Quality on Vimeo:
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    Very moving and emotional images.
    Good job on this
  • nin%s's Photo
    nice.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ & ^^ Thanks!
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    You are really good at this!
  • postit%s's Photo
    Uhh...Isn't this a bit morbid???
  • JJ%s's Photo
    And?
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo

Uhh...Isn't this a bit morbid???

Well, yes, it's a documentation of one of our country's worst natural disasters.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    it was bad but i dont think it was the worst.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Update

Hey everybody I've got a bit of an update. Now that I know about when I will be returning to New Orleans to film the rest of the movie, I have a VERY TENTATIVE date in mind.

Right now, it looks like Katrina will premier on July 31st. The premier party will take place on July 30th. I will be showing the movie to New Orleans residents during that week so I'm having to push the internet premier as far as I can.

I'll have more updates soon.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

On Wednesday, I will return to New Orleans for two days to film the rest of Katrina. I am giving up my birthday trip to Six Flags St. Louis for this trip to New Orleans to film. I'm not looking for sympathy from this - I want you all to know how dedicated I am to making this the best film that I can possibly make. Even though I won't be riding any coasters this year, hopefully the response from this movie will be more of a gift than any coaster could ever be. I've learned alot about Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans over the past year that I've been working on this film. I've learned what New Orleans was before the storm, what it was really like during the storm, and what it will hopefully be in the future.

New Orleans is an incredible city - I encourage you to go if you've never been before. I find that when I go to the city, I always leave with something. Not a physical object, but this feeling. The city gives off this feeling with the atmosphere, the food, the kind people, that you can't easily find in other cities. It's something very special and I hope you can all experience it sometime in your lifetime. The French Quarter alone is almost indescribable. There are so many things to see, foods to try, interesting people to watch. Yes, Katrina had a major impact on the city of New Orleans. I believe it was a test to see if the city could come back. And it has. Maybe not to 100% of what it was before the storm, but I believe it is a better city than before the storm hit. I think the storm can be seen in a positive way - it gave some people the chance to start over, it gave some people the initiative to lend a helping hand to their fellow neighbor. I believe it brought people closer together. I believe it brought people of the entire nation together to help. You can choose to focus on the FEMA, government, political side of Katrina, but that is not what I am choosing to do. You can look at this story of a people that came together to rebuild.

Katrina is something that I've thought about doing for some time now. Not with RCT3, but as a real movie that would show Hurricane Katrina for what it really was - especially in the aftermath. I am happy and honored to be working with some great New Orleans citizens on this movie. It has been an incredible experience. I'd also like to thank the incredible support the forums (including this one) have given me. I know there have been a few rough spots along the way and I apologize.

I hope you all enjoy the movie.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

www.katrina.coaster101.com

If you intend on being at the premier party (for any amount of time) on Thursday, July 30th, please let me know. I will be using a different chat room program this time and I want to know roughly how many people will be there. It will last all day until midnight when the movie will premier. This isn't a "reservation" I just need some rough numbers.

Thanks.
    CD5
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Katrina is finished!

Posted Image

Production for Katrina began on July 15th, 2007 and concluded on July 28th, 2008. Over a year went into putting this movie together - and I can't wait for everybody to see it on Thursday.

Hope to see everybody at the premier party on Wednesday! I'll post a link tomorrow night.

* If you have an advertisment that you would like to be shown before Katrina, please P.M. me ASAP. I only have a few spots available.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Katrina Premier Party

The big day is here! The Katrina Premier Party will run all day today (Wednesday, July 31st) until 12:00 A.M. (Eastern Time) Thursday when Katrina will officially premier on the internet. I will be in the chat for most of the day answering questions on upcoming projects.

See you in the chat!
    http://www.katrina.c....com/watch.html
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Hey CD5, looks like no one is interested here. Not many people like RCT3 here. Oh well.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i dont have java w/e
    oh well.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Katrina - A Hurricane Katrina Tribute Documentary

CD5Productions Presents a J.R. Stevenson Film "Katrina"
    *Contains Slight Language
    *Runtime: 40 Minutes

- Watch:

Vimeo:

- Download: