(Archive) Advertising District / Drew's Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Drew%s's Photo
    So, I was bored one day and decided to open up the SFMM scenario, and I wasn't too happy with how it looked in-game. I decided to give the WHOLE park a makeover, basically. I'm goin' from ride to ride, making them better in any way possible. Now, this isn't exactly a recreation of SFMM, but it's how I think SFMM should be. I think of it like Rob Zombie's Halloween. It wasn't necessarily a re-make, but his vision of the movie... So, yeah. Here's a screen I already posted in the Dump-Place. I plan on releasing another screen later today, but I have class in 40 minutes, and I still have to do some shit.

Posted Image

Also, if you didn't read my Park Updates post, I've changed A LOT of the park already.
    The whole Gotham Area is pretty much going to be different. Instead of Batman: The Ride, it's Mr. Freeze. Tidal Wave is now known as Penguin's Plunge, and even interacts a bit with Mr. Freeze. I plan on adding a Riddler coaster in there somewhere, and possible a kiddie ride themed to Poison Ivy, and an impulse named Catwoman's Whip[lash]. I already have Viper taken care of, and I removed those kiddie rides next to it and just made one of the many kiddie zones/areas in the park. And I have a whole bunch of stuff I want to do with the park. Please keep in the mind the coasters' layouts won't be like those of the parks, but they will probably feature several elements found in the real coaster itself.

I'm really excited about this project and can't wait to show you guys more.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Tis very pretty...

Needs peeps though.

Ride6
  • trav%s's Photo
    Are you changing any of the layouts of the coasters alread there?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Take a good look at the top left...
    -JDP
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Yeah, I've re-worked a few already.
    And as far as peeps go, I dunno if I can get 'em back. They were annoying the shit outta me so I removed 'em. I don't know if I can get them back... Anyone know?

I'll have a new update later tonight hopefully.
  • zodiac%s's Photo

Open the park?
  • Drew%s's Photo
    It's open.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Oh. Well then.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Well if the problem is that they are getting stuck on the outskirts of the map and freeze; then just hit (8-cars trainer) de-own boarder land. That should do it...
    -JDP
  • Drew%s's Photo
    But they walk up to the park entrance...

I get that annoying notification saying that my park entrance fee is too high, but I'm not using money. Maybe I need to change back to money and they'll come back in?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Or just hit "dont use money" in 8 cars... that might do it.
    -JDP
  • Drew%s's Photo
    I already did that... I did that before I selected "remove peeps".
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Hey if you can maybe send me the park, I'll take a look at it for you.
    -JDP
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'll send it to you sometime next week to take a look at. Where can I reach ya at?

Anyway. Spring break started for me this past Friday, so I've been to busy relaxing to work on the park, but I had some time to work on it tonight, so here's a brief update.

Posted Image
    This is a teaser of Mr. Freeze, formerly Batman: The Ride. You can also see a bit of Penguin's Plunge, formerly Tidal Wave, in the back. I've just started theming the ride, and it's gonna be a little tough since snow scenery isn't included with the map.

Posted Image
    And here is Quarry Mtn. Falls, formerly Logjammer. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Comments are welcome as usual. Thanks guys.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Looks terriffic.
    Absolutely love the log flume screen.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I look forward to seeing how Mr Freeze turns out.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Classic. I really like it.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    can anyone hack me up a giant inverted boomerang? i have everything done minus the hacking... i just cant do shit hacking-wise in rct2. hacking in ll is a diff story though...

ill have an update either tonight or tomorrow with probably goliath
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Oh, shit dude. Sorry about that, I totally forgot. Just send me the new file and I'll do it.
    -JDP
  • Drew%s's Photo
    i'm supposed to be in bed... but... oh well. :p

Posted Image
    keep in mind. it's VERY early. and the colors come from the newly repainted V2 at SFMW or whatever it is now...

EDIT:

Posted Image
    i had some fun in paint... the coaster only has 2 trains

Edited by Drew, 31 March 2008 - 02:11 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading