Fiesta! / Project: Classix- New Screen

• Comet%s's Photo
    Project Status- 20%

Posted Image
    Bayside Bomber, John Miller

Posted Image
    Corkscrew, Arrow

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Edited by Comet, 23 March 2008 - 06:18 PM.

• JJ%s's Photo
    Hate the first screen. Love the second.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    I love the support work on the Corkscrew!!!!! I'm not sure if it's been done before however this is the first time I've seen it done. Nice work!

James - rctnw
  • gir%s's Photo
    ^ Not with a giga as supports, but see Nevis' corkscrew recreation. The park looks intriguing, keep it up. I'm not a fan of those roof corners as awning though. I mean, if you go through the trouble to put those up you might as well cover the whole line there.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Looks pretty great, I think. Always a fan of the old style wooden coasters, especially out and back. Good corkscrew supports as well. It would be nice if you could get a car added to the corkscrew as most have 7 car trains. Still, looks pretty nice so far.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    I think it looks pretty cool! Good job. Keep on truckn'! :)
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    I'm not quite sure about the fooliage in the first screen those plants on
    the sand are to regular.

The second screen is really cool, especially the supports for the
    Corkscrew coaster, wonderful! :)
  • SUPA-X%s's Photo
    love the corkscrews
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I HATE all the flowers! They ruin the otherwise lovely coasters for me...
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Im with Kumba on this one those flowers could do with being changed. Maybe sticking with one color might make it look a bit better?

Everything else in those screens is beautiful though. Those corkscrew supports look amazing.
  • CF%s's Photo
    Lovely supports
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, the flowers are off, but I love the impulse track used as supports!

SF
  • Levis%s's Photo
    those corckscrew supports rock and will be ripped soon I guess :p .
    the rest doesnt look bad ...
  • Comet%s's Photo
    JJ- Ha, I actually like the first screen more, whatever though. Thanks.

RCTNW- Thank you, and I'm actually not too sure if it's been done before.

gir- Hmm, I'll definitely work on other options for shading...but if I continued the same roofing all the way around I think it would be a bit over the top. Thanks for pointing that out though.

CedarPoint6- Glad you like most of it, and I'll look into the trains.

Timothy Cross- Thank you.

Fr3ak- Yeah, well the foliage on the beach is meant to look sorta like dunes, which look sorta regular I guess. I'll look into other options though.

Supa-X- Thank you.

Kumba- They've been changed, don't worry.

Loopy- Yeah I went with one color and I agree it does look much better, thanks for the idea.

CF- Thank you.

Six Frags- The flowers have been changed as I said above.

Levis- Ha, yeah, I guess. Glad you like them.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Project Status- pwesome
    fixed.
    Appears very six-flagsian- extremely so, actually. I can easily place myself on that boardwalk taking pictures of the corkscrew, and would be able to place myself in the bayside bomber's queue if it had just a tad more dirt. :p (not that it needs changing, just that this is how I recall six flags queues.) Awnings on the wooden queue need tweaking/removal, and the clump of trees on the far left of screen 1 just looks bad. The tree types don't blend well.
    Everything else? Fantastic.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    I love the screens. :bunny:

I'm kind of agreeing with the flower comments. Its odd..because I would say you don't really have the right mix of trees and foliage (like you haphazardly place whatever wherever) and then the flowers and bushes by the queues are very symmetrical and seem well thought out.

I would use more of the same kinds of trees and more thinking about that and then mix up the bushes with the flowers by the queues...and just play around with the color....but these things are minor really.
  • posix%s's Photo
    okay, wow. both screens are absolutely fantastic!!! very very refined and tidy. convincing realistic style with a few good ideas and clear execution. very nicely done!
    hope to see more.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    For Corkscrew, make the supports white. The gray doesn't look that good.

One other thing. Why are your brake runs so sloppy? Sorry, but they are really annoying me, lol.
    -JDP
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Hi!

First screen looks very charming. I don't like the coverings. Maybe you can improve the transfer track a bit. Right now it looks like the diagonal track isn't connecting when moving to the side. You should take a look at JDP's Prelim park, where he used Object Manipulation to get the look right.

Yeah, I must say I love the supports too. Nice work on that! Maybe you can add some coverings to the queue, but please not like the ones in the first screen ;)

"MFG"
  • Comet%s's Photo
    ][ntamin22- Thanks a lot man! The queue shades are being looked into, and I think the trees you're talking about look better as whole when not just seen as a fraction.

Buckeye Becky- Thank you, and I'll continue to work with the foliage.

posix- Thank you, that means a lot coming from you.

JDP- I had the Corkscrew supports white but the toon towner ones in white seemed way too "clean" looking. The box supports that support the lift and higher parts of the ride are white though, you can see what I mean at the top right of the second screen. And I'm sorta confused as to what you're talking about with the brake runs?

5dave- Yeah, I needa do a lot with the transfer track for Bayside Bomber, I don't really like it at all. I don't know how to do the thing JDP did so I'll just look into another option. And I sorta wanted natural shade for the Corkscrew with trees, and this way the actual corkscrews can be seen by the queuers.

Here's one last screen...

Posted Image
    Flying Turns, Inhouse

Again, any comment is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Comet, 23 March 2008 - 06:12 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading