Related Games / Mini Thrills Amusement Park

• TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Current Year: 1960

Well I got some really good news for you all. A new park has finally been announced near to where I live here in england (near the Lake District to be precise). Anyway I've known of this park for quite a while as my dad works their as a mechanic or something like that but its not been till now that I've had anything to show you.Anyway today dad brought home this flyer and picture of the park logo. Enjoy as its all I have at the moment. But I hope to visit for the opening day soon and maybe my dad will give in to my badgering and take some photos himself before opening day or convince his boss to let me take some.

Park Logo:
    Posted Image

Flyer showing a few attractions and rides as well as the Treasure Hunt which I really really want to ride.
    Posted Image

Well hope you enjoyed what I've got so far and I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Regards

Tom Halberry

(Note: Comments and Criticisms welcome even though their ain't much to see. Also this is no cs park so that a. everyone can enjoy when I put it up for download and b. I don't cause to much lag by over detailing everything c. I just prefer it without)

Edited by TwistedHelix, 21 April 2008 - 06:23 AM.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Cool, so far, even thought I don't like rct3
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

and b. I don't cause to much lag by over detailing everything

Could I ask what system you are running?

I'm at the point of buying a new system (also in order to get to play RCT3):
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (processor)
    -GeForce 8800GT 512MB (gpu)
    -Asus P5E iX38 (motherboard)
    -2x2GB DDR2 SDRAM (memory)

So I hope this will run RCT3 smoothly.. If not, then I'm done playing RCT3..

Screens look nice, although there isn't that much to see..
    I would love to see some RCT3 in-game park promotion videos at NE though!

SF
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Six Frags: Hmmm I have no idea what my laptop specs are but I can say that its nearly 2 years old and only cost us £700 when we bought it so its probably not brilliant. This is also the reason why its none cs as if i use cs then a not everyone will be bale to download and see it and b I over detail and lagg the laptop lol.

As to the videos its depends whether or not he main character can get a video camera I (could you even easily get one in 1960 lol) but hey I'm sure well find someway around it I mean hes already found a helicopter to take the coaster shot so yeah lol.

RaPiPo: Lol thanks yer I'm still undecided as to which game I like more I prefer the non lag side of rct 2 and some of the gorgeous parks but I love the different angles and coaster cam of rct3. Though having said that I do still seem to negate the angle thing by taking pictures of it from the isometric angle but hey lol.

Cheers

TwistedHelix
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Current Year: 1960

Right heres some pictures I forced my dad to take for me. Also included is the logo for the rollercoaster now called Gold Mine. Yes this is the ride that in the flyer was (and still is flyer wise and park billboard wise) called Treasure Hunt. Kinda stupid to change the name already but hey the new name is much better.

Anyway heres a logo:
    Posted Image

Well the ride your about to see is a wooden wild mouse following the standard wild mouse track but built out of wood. As far as I know the supports were designed by my Dad and several other mechanics and ride researchers with the track as said above following the standard layout.

(OOC: seriously I looked at every wooden wild mouse on the rcdb and none said who designed them so I made it up lol)

Anyway heres some pictures of it taken and provided by my dad.

(Oh yeah first one is some random picture of the billboard outside the park)
    Posted Image

Now the ride some from lifthill and some from the path to it. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There ya go hope you enjoyed the small update.

Regards

Tom Halberry
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    these screens dont show much.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies;

Nokia: These will hopefully show more (not that there is a lot to show lol)

Current Year 1960

Yay opening day. Well this is the first of 2 updates I've got planned for opening day.

As you can see when we first arrived it was raining so not a brilliant start to the day but hey there were still some people coming in as well as us.
    Posted Image

Moving into the park we decided to take cover in one of the buildings till the rain passed and luckily it did pretty quickly and as you can see crowds really picked up.
    Posted Image

After standing around watching the crowds pouring in we bumped into my Dad who asked us what we thought so far and told us he may have something cool for us later on in the day.
    Posted Image

He then took us to meet his boss Mr Williams which was cool and we even got a free reel of 20 tickets off of him!
    Posted Image

After this was out of the way it was time to check out the rides. All 3 of them lol. I think this park needs to expand a little bit. First off though we went on the Merry Go Round for a couple of rides but to be honest I found it really boring lol.
    Posted Image

Next up was the chairswing which was much better. It was also really busy though as you can see from this photo.
    Posted Image

After riding it I took a photo of it that i think looks pretty cool.
    Posted Image

With the first two rides out of the way we went to get something to eat and get ready for the afternoon.
    Posted Image

Continued next update.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading