Related Games / Kandal Amusement Park (Winter Construction 17.6.08)

• TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    OOC: Hello and welcome to my new park. This will be a year by year park without a set dating system. The park will start out small and grow over the years and unlike my last ones this one will contain custom scenery. Hope you all enjoy)

Hi my names Kyle and I'm really happy to be able to bring you this news on a newly planned amusement park near where I live. What makes this even better is that the owner of this park is my Uncle. I'm not sure how he got the money but I think mum said that he'd sold off his old haulage company and got quite a lot for it. Anyway Hes set up new company and gone into the amusement park business now.

These are the shots from the new company, Jakal Parks Ltd that I've beengiven permission to show you and also taken myself. This first look also includes some pretty sweet looking concept art for what my Uncle said is a possible go Kart track they'll be installing in the first season.

Anyway enough talking onto the actual park itself.

Posted Image

Kandal Amusement Park is situated in the centre of England, not far from Birmingham. It is planned to be a small amusement park and these are some pictures from it.

Firstly the official picture of the construction work going on around the ticket booths:
    Posted Image

And one I got from outside the security office leading into the carpark (looks like they really need to spruce up some colour here as well):
    Posted Image

Now concept art of the planned Go Kart track:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks pretty sweet if you ask me.

Anyway thats all for now come back later when I sure Ill have more for you all and any comments or criticism's are very welcome.

Kyle

(OOC: so yer leave comments and criticism's and I hope you like the start)

Edited by TwistedHelix, 17 June 2008 - 03:43 AM.

• nin%s's Photo
    I don't like the go kart track. The whole "surrounded by walls" look doesnt appeal to me.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    ^ It's an indoor track?!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

I don't like the go kart track. The whole "surrounded by walls" look doesnt appeal to me.

^ It's an indoor track?!

I lol'd.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

Nin: Yes indeed it is indoors the no roof was to show you the interior as it was just concept art.

RCTFAN: you are indeed correct

Replies:

DBru: Thanks and I'm glad you like the concept art as I wasn't to sure about it.

Kyle back again to give you a update of the construction around the park. I haven't got any of my own photos but my Uncle has sent me a load of official ones. I was also allowed a quick tour of whats going on but didn't take my camera with me but I couldn't really cover anything more than what the official ones show. I can tell you this though that the park is coming along at a really good pace. Lots of areas look like their nearly finished and the go kart track has been installed but anyway onto the pictures.

This shows the new entrance which in my opinion looks really nice. What you can't really see form here is that the go kart track, Karting Kapers isn't actually in the park itself but is off to the side. this is to allow people to use the go kart track without having to pay to go in the park:
    Posted Image

This is the go kart track and building construction so far. As you can see a small food outlet is available as well as toilets:
    Posted Image

Back in the park theres still a lot of construction going on but heres some pictures of some of the rides:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

This picture was taken at night of the entrance again pretty nice:
    Posted Image

And finally I can show you the company HQ building situated off to the left hand side of the park as well as the big warehouse:

Posted Image

Well thats all for now hope you enjoy it and keep the feedback up.

Kyle
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Right this is the last update I will get before the opening of this park. Of course I will be there for the opening but right now I have some very important and happy news.

The go kart track concepts that seemed to interest everyone is now reality. As last time we saw a shell of what we expected was the go kart building this photo now released show that it definitely was the building. though no inside shots yet.

Posted Image

Moving into the park we can see progress on one of the sites form last time just inside the entrance. This is apparently going to be a lockers and info building. As you can also see the entrance path looks a lot nicer as well now.

Posted Image

Moving to the Merry Go Round area we see the other building in the form of Barry's Burger Bar a food outlet for the park (but don't worry the food will apparently be really nice). Also this area has been beautified.

Posted Image

And lastly we can see the next ride to be completed and shown in the form of Fireball. Looks pretty sweet if you ask me always love these fairground twister rides.

Posted Image

Well thats all for now hope you enjoyed this last construction update next time will be the parks opening day. Till next time.

Kyle
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I give you props for dealing with rct3. I think it looks nice and I like the way your slowly building the park.

Btw, don't be upset if you don't get many comments because not everyone here likes rct3 to say the least.
    -JDP
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    One of the few RCT3 parks that look interesting.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

JDP: Thanks and in some ways I prefer rct2 as well (lag in rct3 is such a major drawback) but I love the coaster cam and the buildings you can make and if we can get a few rct3 parks around here then maybe the acceptance of them will rise gradually. Also I know here your all more into seeing progress shots of the parks as such so the next few updates may seem a bit boring as they are basically going to be the same thing over again. This is not because I'm being lazy or anything but I'm planning on doing at least 3 trip reports per season in a format like you'd see on Theme Park Review. This is all to add to the realism of the park and so it doesn't grow way to fast and I can take my time over it. Due to this I am already prepared to accept that I may not get the replies I would form other sites here due to the above factors. That said any feedback is great.

Louis!: Thanks and I will strive to keep that interest.

Right Kyle here. I'm very glad to say that I was there for opening day and it was a great success. The park was pretty packed despite being so small and by the looks of it a lot more came than planned. Anyways onto the pictures. (OOC: I'm presenting this in a TPR TR format so here we go).

Well we left pretty early in the morning to be there for around about opening time. As we approached the park traffic was pretty light and some new signs were put up to announce the park to passers by.
    Posted Image

The carpark however was quite packed with some buses and coaches as well
    Posted Image

Heading towards the ticket booths to pick up our Gold Staff Passes or something like that (basically a season ticket which also allows 3 free rides on the go karts each visit. Pretty cool if you ask me) you could see how packed the place was gonna be as the gates opened. And yes for some reason it had a heavy downpour for about 15 minutes as everyone was getting into the park.
    Posted Image

These are the ticket prices for anyone interested by the way. interestingly enough though theres no season ticket and yes the go karts are a up charge attraction unfortunately.
    Posted Image

After getting the ticket we made our way to the go karts which already had people there. This little food outlet (called Pit Stop I think) provided me with some quick food as I was starving (forgot my breakfast you see).
    Posted Image

Well the go karts were really good fun and I used all 3 of my free tickets at once but it was worth it. heres 2 shots form the track side.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Moving into the park itself we made our way to the merry Go Round plaza where we grabbed a burger at Barry's Burger Bar.
    Posted Image

After the burger we grabbed some candy floss form the building across the plaza.
    Posted Image

Then we went on the Merry Go Round and the Swinger before heading over to the Spiral Slide. The Swinger was fun but I didn't go much on the Spiral Slide. I think I'm too old though. Also on a side note I'd like to say all the staff were really happy and friendly. i don't know whether it was because it was the first day or not but they were really friendly. The red building is the lost ad found as well as first aid just so you know.
    Posted Image

Then we moved onto the bumper boats leaving the best till last.
    Posted Image

Now despite this ride only being a scrambler, Fireball was really really fun. The pillars as theming were great as it get on providing the feeling that you were going to hit them with every turn. Definitely my favourite ride. Heres some pictures of the ride.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately we then had to leave as we had to be home for my football practice but I enjoyed myself here. I will say however that while the park is nice it lacks any real thrills. I mean I know the park was on a tight budget but it could have added a small coaster or something. The go karts and Fireball were really good but we need something bigger here.

Till next time and I hope you enjoyed the Trip Report.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Looks like a good, fun park. You make RCT3 look really nice and I look forward to seeing more. I like how you do the trip report kind of things.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah you kept the interest. :p

Its a nice little park, it will be nice to it develop as time goes on.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

CedarPoint6: Thanks and I'm glad you like the trip reports (even though there isn't much to see at the moment).

Louis!: Yay and i hope it does continue to be nice as it develops.

Kyle here for the mid year trip report. I also got to talk to Uncle about how the park was doing and its doing pretty well at the moment already going over the needed profits for the half year by quite a bit. The strange thing is though that the go karts have been quite quiet and not as popular as planned. Uncle thinks this is down to the fact that the signs don't point out the track and said that things are well underway to change this for next season. He also said that if they kept up this revenue he had been in talks with someone about a ride and they'd be able to add it if all goes well. He didn't tell me what the ride is though.

Anyway onto the pictures. This time as we'd gone and talked to my Uncle we were allowed in via the worker gate and i spotted this cleared area as we neared the park, behind the Barry's Burger Bar. Possible construction?
    Posted Image

Walking around the park I also spotted another cleared area around the
    back of the bumper boats but didn't get a photo. Anyway apart from this small amount of extra rockery landscaping at the end of the entrance midway there were no extras so I waited till it got dark to get some of the shots I missed last time.
    Posted Image

So yer we waited until it got dark then got these photos for you all.

Nice night time entrance shot. It looks busy as this was taken as the park was closing (as were all the night shots).
    Posted Image

This ones shows the exit and actual ride of Fireball. I reckon it looks really nice at night.
    Posted Image

And finally one of the go karts. Night time racing was fun.
    Posted Image

Well thats it for this trip report. I think I could get one more done for you before the end of the season so I'll see you all next time.

Kyle

Edited by TwistedHelix, 12 June 2008 - 11:05 AM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    Looks good man. :)
    -JDP
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Looking really nice.
    If you could do a park flyover and get some pics from the air that would be great ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I like the custom made sign for fireball.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Replies:

JDP: Thanks

Comet: Here ya go we apparently a few days before this trip report they got a helicopter to fly over and take a picture so they could turn it into a overview map so your in luck.

Loius!: Thanks

Right Kyle here again to give you the last true update of this season. Season however is used lightly as the park will remain open all year around but this is the end of the busy part.

We arrived at the park and went to see my Uncle where at the request of a friend I picked up a map Ill show you at the end of this update. After chatting to my Uncle for a bit we headed off to the park. Again the cleared plot of land behind Barry's Burger Bar is still there but this time they had diggers there!
    Posted Image

Carrying on through the park I took the obligatory shot of Fireball (from the top of the Slide) still looking sweet.
    Posted Image

Then moving on I found the biggest surprise. The bumper boats were all boarded up and the lake was drained. Hmm I wonder whats going on here we'll have to wait to see.
    Posted Image

Anyway i enjoyed the rest of the day and left happy. Apparently the park had done way better than predicted in its first season and so lets see how it expands next update shall we.

Oh yer before i leave you all heres the map.
    Posted Image

Cheers

Kyle
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Kyle again just to show you what that construction has turned out to be over the winter period. Really hoping it was a big ride of some sort I made my way to the park to talk to my Uncle. He was waiting for me to arrive an led me into the park after saying hello. The first construction sight (the one behind Barry's Burgers now holds a small kiddie coaster. This small modified Herschell Little Dipper coaster was rented form a nearby travelling fair fro this year as a cheap alternative while they built funds for a larger more permanent one. Not quite what I would have liked but still will be fun for the families. Heres a picture of it.
    Posted Image

The other side of the park where the construction was going on by the bumper boats was a lot less exciting. It just seems that their expanding the water pool.
    Posted Image

Anyway thats it for this small update and we'll see next time how popular this coaster will actually be.

Kyle

Edited by TwistedHelix, 18 June 2008 - 03:32 AM.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    That's not a wacky worm layout. Wacky worm/big apple layouts are sort of figure eights.
    Otherwise, very good. RCT3 has so many less limits than RCT2.
  • TwistedHelix%s's Photo
    Thanks RaPiPo I've changed the maker and model now.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Everything looks great.
    Keep it up.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading