Music Forum / My Band

• Wicksteed%s's Photo
    hej
    just thought i'd do some publicity for my band...
    some might know i'm playing drums, and this is my main band:

www.innercircus.de or www.myspace.com/innercircusband

we're just four people having fun making the music that we like, which is sometimes quite sophisticated stuff, i'd say.
    so if you like bands you can't easily categorize and compare to others (because i don't know any bands that i could compare us with), you might like it.
    well..listen to it and give me some feedback.
    thanks
  • yyo%s's Photo
    your band sucks
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    ahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Never begin a song with the lyric 'sometimes i want to cry'.

That's not really setting me alight, bro.

Oh also, i got excited for a minute because i thought you were covering a diecast tune. Alas, you were not.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Why would you want to sound like a lo-fi version of Heart in the 80s?

There's a reason that most international music doesn't make it big in America; it's not the language barrier, it's because for some godforsaken reason we're trend-setters. In pop music that's not always for the best but in actual rock (not trying to generate hits) it results in stuff like this sounding out of date.

The aimless jamming in the middle of "Fade Away" was far more interesting than anything that sounded like it was meant as song... And somehow Annabelle lost the ability to stay on key when she came back in... At least it was live so I can understand not editing it...

No offense; it's not actually bad. It just sound like you're about 20 year too late to your sound. Some of the guitar work at least sound like it could be post-punk inspired or something... Angular guitar is good...

Ride6
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    If you think they sound like Heart then you've never listened to Heart. Heart relied heavily on acoustic guitars and vocal harmonies with 2 female singers. That was their signature. There is none of that with this band.

I don't get the 80's connection either. The guitar tone and style just doesn't fit.

I liked the songs. There were some very interesting elements in them. They were structured much like Iron Maiden songs. Keep up the good work. :-)
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Thanks for taking your time and listening.
    Who are the Heart? I've never heard of them. and I don't think we're very inspired by the 80ies.
    but where's the problem in being 20 years too late anyway? (though I don't think we are)

Lloyd: is it too emo for you?

and thank you, yyo.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Lloyd: is it too emo for you?

Come on man, i'm sure you can think of better lyrics than 'sometimes i want to cry'.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

so if you like bands you can't easily categorize and compare to others (because i don't know any bands that i could compare us with), you might like it.

I'm sorry, but just because you said that, I knew it wasn't going to be good.

And this sounds nothing like Heart or anything 80s, dont worry about that. It just sounds like some plain generic rock music right now. Very amateur. Just keep on writing, you'll get better. Thats the only advice I can offer.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Lyrics are just hum... kind of childish... and I dislike the voice... It's just too amateur... And the music is not what I would call unique.

What music do you listen to? Maybe we could help you if you tell us that information...
  • yyo%s's Photo

They were structured much like Iron Maiden songs. Keep up the good work. :-)

BECAUSE IRON MAIDEN IS LIKE, THE BEST BAND EVER DOOD!! UP THE IRONZ!!!1

Edited by yyo, 12 June 2008 - 11:08 PM.

• Wicksteed%s's Photo
    thanks for your honest criticism.
    what can I say? we are amateurs..so...but we're working on it.

we listen bands of almost every genre. Alot prog rock, post rock, but also metal or funk or jazz or whatever you like.
    if that helps...
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

BECAUSE IRON MAIDEN IS LIKE, THE BEST BAND EVER DOOD!! UP THE IRONZ!!!1

They are. Get over it.
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    Reminds me of a Evanescence. That's not a good thing. . . at all.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    My Band?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading