Related Games / HOTEL HELLVETICA 2

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Posted Image

HOTEL HELLVETICA 2

I recommend watching Hotel Hellvetica before watching the sequel. http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=17955

Hotel Hellvetica 2 opens as a prequel to the first movie before flash-forwarding to immediately after the last film ended.

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3456YUD8

Vimeo:

Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvbfJAyiBWc

Post your reviews!

Posted Image
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Why is your hotel named after a font.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Because I needed a word that had the word "hell" in it. It was originally going to be called "hotel hell" but I mashed hell and helvetica together.

Edited by coasterdude5, 09 June 2008 - 02:07 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Yeah but there's nothing inherently evil about a font. I'm sure you could have opened a thesaurus and found something a little more along the lines of what you're going for than a god damned font.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Get off his case.
    Give the man props for what he is doing and give him props for still posting here even though he barley gets replies.

Looks neat btw.
    -JDP
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Well god damn that's a dumb fucking name.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo

^Get off his case.
    Give the man props for what he is doing and give him props for still posting here even though he barley gets replies.

Looks neat btw.
    -JDP

Thanks for that, JDP, it's greatly appreciated.

Yeah but there's nothing inherently evil about a font. I'm sure you could have opened a thesaurus and found something a little more along the lines of what you're going for than a god damned font.

Alright, since you seem to have all of the answers here lets do it your way.

Using Webster's dictionary [a thesaurus is for synonyms, not words that start with the same three letters], here are the words I could have used:

Held
    Helen of Troy
    Heliacal
    Helic
    Helicoid
    Helicon
    Helicopter
    Heliport
    Hellbender
    Hell-bent
    Hellbox
    Hellbroth
    Hellcat
    Hellebore
    Hellene
    Hellenism
    Hellenist
    Hellenization
    Hellenize
    Heller
    Helleri
    Hellgrammite
    Hellhound
    Hellion
    Hellish
    Hello
    Helm
    Helmet
    Helminth
    Helminthiasis
    Helminthology
    Helmsman
    Helot
    Helotism
    Help
    Helper
    Helping
    Helpless
    Helpmeet
    Helter-skelter
    helve
    Helvatian
    Helvetii

Personally, Hotel Hellvetica is better than all of those.

This is the second time I've gotten an off-the-wall reply like this and I'm really not sure why I'm still posting here. I know there are other people who are enjoying my projects, but at the same time I have never been to a forum where there have been this many rude people. Where are the moderators? I know that at my own forum, and every other forum I go to comments like tracidEdge's and Posix's in my Nanjing thread would not be tolerated by the moderating team. But I guess here you can say whatever the hell you want and nobody cares.

Edited by coasterdude5, 10 June 2008 - 12:55 AM.

• Evil WME%s's Photo
    Mmm.. so you're creating movies entirely for the sake of creating movies with rct3, which i still find interesting even though i know other people have been doing it.

Especially the first one has stunning parts in it. I don't know if as a story you can make a prequel and a sequel in one really work, but i don't know if that's really what it's about (and i just took a quick look, i didn't try to follow the story)

I am also very amazed at tracidEdge's rudeness. But here we do tend to tolerate most of what people say, not to have it end up in a sort of website dictatorship. You don't really have to reply to what tracidEdge says, anyways. So just ignore him.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks for your comment. It is a bit complicated having a prequel and then a sequel but you catch on.

I am also very amazed at tracidEdge's rudeness. But here we do tend to tolerate most of what people say, not to have it end up in a sort of website dictatorship. You don't really have to reply to what tracidEdge says, anyways. So just ignore him.

I'm all for that. Forums need to be a place where you can say what you want to say, but there are other ways you can go about doing this.

I mean, is this:

"Yeah but there's nothing inherently evil about a font. I'm sure you could have opened a thesaurus and found something a little more along the lines of what you're going for than a god damned font."

and

"Well god damn that's a dumb fucking name."

Is this site run by 14-year-olds? Do the admins not care that possible new members see this? Are they okay with that?

Edited by coasterdude5, 10 June 2008 - 11:19 AM.

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Oh I see it alright. As a newer admin, I don't wish to make sweeping changes, but it is something I've always had a problem with. Coming from a forum where I'm much more stringent on posts like that it takes a bit of getting used to.

To me, it's not that I don't care, but I think in a lot of cases it's a post to provoke a reply and if the reply happens then it just continues on. As long as I've been here, which I think is pushing 3 or more years now, a lot of the posts have been like this. I think in a lot of cases the outbursts can be more or less justified as deserving (not here-- it's a bit extreme). Occasionally you see something like this and just have to ignore it. The first comment I don't have much of an issue with as it's a valid point, just a little more aggressively stated. The 2nd one is something I would just ignore and go back to your posting. If you have something that you find incredibly offensive or whatever then PM me or another admin and they should do something about it provided it's deserved. I think in this case, however, that your solution would be to just ignore it and keep on going and if they know what's good for them, they'll leave you alone. Hopefully that will shed some light on things.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Woah there guy, I see your point but you haven't exactly impressed me with your attitude either, especially in that last post. I mean was saying "Is this site run by 14 year olds?" necessary? I understand you're frustrated but you can't stop rudeness by being rude yourself, it just doesn't look good (and neither does insulting the staff ;)). A polite PM to an admin would have been a better idea than trying to keep replying to people.

One last thing I'd like to say is that I've gone back through your other topics and you have also gotten a lot of positive feedback on your projects so why not focus on those instead of the few negative comments you've gotten. Having a topic get off to a rocky start is annoying but do as WME and CP6 said and just ignore and/or report it.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Yes, I have received alot of positive feedback from this forum and I greatly appreciate that. That's why I'm still posting here. However, this is the second thread where I've had someone give a jack-a reply like tracidEdge's. But now I realize that the person who left the first one in another thread is an admin so that's pointless bringing it up again.

I cannot see how people older than teenagers are running this place. Other forums who have adults running them do not allow people to drop F-this, G-D this. I still can't find the site rules so maybe that type of talk is allowed. Heck, I'm 16 and I wouldn't allow these types of things to be said.

Thank you for your advice, though it's very difficult to ignore it sometimes.

Edited by coasterdude5, 10 June 2008 - 03:32 PM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    We're different than most. We like to think of ourselves as a more "mature" site.

BTW, watched the last one, and loved it. Keep working, it's original stuff like this that I love.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I understand where you're coming from but NE has had a long standing tradition of free speech, and I fully support that. It's not intended to scare away new members or pick on people. My suggestion would be to ignore it and move on because arguing about it won't get you anywhere. And oftentimes when people seem "harsh" just consider it as blatantly honest, because that's what it is.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    I never heard that the site was this open. It would be different if there was a disclaimer or something (I haven't seen one). I figured this had a standard set of rules like the others but if not that's cool. It just would've been nice to know beforehand.

Sorry everbody.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ That's an interesting point and something I'll have to bring up with other admins.
    Although I do take a little offense to saying that it seems like teenagers run the place. Different people run things by different sets of rules, and I don't see how that correlates to age. In fact, it would seem to me if you're going by that to assume that older people run the site because we allow freedom and aren't controlling people in what they can and cannot say. While I think it shows to a maturity level on the part of the members that choose to have an outburst, I don't believe you can say anything about the ages of the people that run the place. For the record, I'm 20.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Sorry, I stepped out of line by saying that. Again, I'm all for freedom of speech. I have no problems with people being straight-to-the-point with me either, but there is a level of basic respect that should be kept in mind.

Edited by coasterdude5, 10 June 2008 - 04:51 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^Honestly don't worry about it man; it really is no big deal. I don't know if you have noticed, but it is the new thing on the internet to criticize and complain about the dumbest shit and act like you know what your talking about. Don't believe me? Just look at any video comments of youtube. Everyone is a critic and a hard ass behind a computer my friend and you will just have to accept that. :)
    -JDP
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Haha look what I started. I'm just trying to keep the good ol' days of everyone being a hardass alive. =(

besides i was jp with you bro, its a great name.

Edited by tracidEdge, 10 June 2008 - 09:10 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^Don't ever give someone directions because you just lost me.
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading