General Chat / Apple iPhone 3G

• Drew%s's Photo

Posted Image

So, yesterday at the WWDC, Steve Jobs announced the next-gen iPhone dubbed the iPhone 3G. It comes with the 2.0 software, has a slight design change, better battery life compared to the first iPhone, GPS navigation added to the Maps application, and of course, it works on 3G networks.

The big thing about the announcement yesterday was the price... The 3G iPhone will come in two versions, an 8GB version at $199, and a 16GB version at $299, and the 16GB version comes in both black and white... In the US, it's available exclusively through AT&T once again, and they say the iPhone will be available in 70 countries worldwide.

So, anyone gonna go out an buy one? I, myself, am fine and very happy with the current iPhone. GPS isn't something I need and I don't even get 3G service where I live, so I see no point in upgrading. Plus, I receive Wi-Fi in my house and at work. I'll just wait until the 3rd-gen phone comes out in another year and see what that has to offer. That and... I think the 2.0 software update will breathe new life into current iPhones, enough to make people forget about the newer iPhones coming out in July.

Edited by Drew, 10 June 2008 - 08:06 AM.

• Evil WME%s's Photo
    Errr.. i have no idea what it will cost over here.. and i need a new phone now but this might seem worth the wait. I can forget about my old mp3 player, which, after 6 years, amazingly still works. But with a harddisk so it's slower, and it's a bit bigger, and it doesn't include the phone.

Picking out a phone is hard though. I love this Nokia 8800 Sirocco but it's kind of really expensive.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I'm fine with my HTC P3300 which has all the same function plus some more .
  • iRock%s's Photo
    I was thinking about getting the 3g. But doesn't seem that much worth it because today's tech..you know they are going to have another phone like this on steroids in a hot minute. Plus I heard this phone is very fragile..breaks way to easy.

So I pass.

Edited by iRock, 04 August 2008 - 09:33 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading