(Archive) Advertising District / First NE Design

• Technique%s's Photo
    Hi everyone! This is my first day here at NE. I have been looking at the forums for a while and I thought it was my turn to show something.

I felt NE could take a step away from this realistic phase and back towards fantasy!!! Without any further ado here is the first pic/teaser.

Posted Image
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Can't see it. Far too distorted.
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    really not much to see, looks like a pretty boring layout
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I would first like to say welcome to NE! A few recommendations I would give are to add some more substance to your screens before posting them, as of right now all you have is a layout which could have been done in minutes. Build it on a map as opposed to the ride creator because it will give you the opportunity to develop the theming, terrain, and foliage around your layout. I also agree with JJ that the image is so distorted that it takes away from the layout and we can't appreciate it.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    ... Is that what I think it is?

-ACE
  • Technique%s's Photo
    Thank you for the replys everyone! The first thing I would like to say is that the ride IS themed and its not in the ride creator. I removed the scenery and removed the base to make it look like a real teaser.

Also I highly doubt and of you know what this is :)

More detailed pictures in the next few days. :p
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Reminds me of the Premier concept with the rotating towers and reversed sections, only with a more linear layout. Never built, but they have the patent.

Looks interesting, but I'd like to see how it fits into its surroundings.
  • Technique%s's Photo
    That is kind of what this design is leaning towards CedarPoint6.

It fits nicely with its surroundings.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    looks interesting. beside the crick in my neck, the layout looks nice, nothing amazing except for the tower maybe, the rest just looks solid. as said, surroundings can make or brake a layout. like the direction your heading in with the fantasy.

FK
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

Also I highly doubt and of you know what this is :)

It seems to look incredibly similar to something Roomraider did a long time ago.

Which does not make it any less cool, of course.

-ACE
  • Technique%s's Photo
    Oh I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    i know this is an old topic to dig up. but did anything ever become of this? it looks a bit like my old merlin design. would be cool to see someone else try it :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading