General Chat / College Football 2008

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Becky, if you're still around... September 13th is the big game. :D

Anyway, first USA Today poll was released late last week, and we have six teams with #1 votes:

1. Georgia (to be expected)
    2. USC
    3. Ohio State
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Florida
    6. LSU

Potential undefeated Georgia vs undefeated Florida matchup in November looks really awesome right now. Also, this year, Missouri gets the easiest schedule in the world by basically playing Kansas' schedule from last year. So they could be overinflated... altho Kansas proved they were not overrated by beating VaTech.

Let the trash talking start! And FIGHT ON!!
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Corky.... USC sucks.
  • Highball%s's Photo

Potential undefeated Georgia vs undefeated Florida matchup in November looks really awesome right now.

i've already got that weekend off of work. i'll be at a bud's house for the game and party. :)
  • gir%s's Photo
    Can't wait for the season opener against South Carolina. NC State has a great opportunity to shine in the national spotlight if we can pull out the upset, so GO TO HELL CAROLINA! Thursday night against FSU the Carter will be rocking as well as we welcome Chuck Amato back to town.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    ^^change your name back to Iceman please :bunny: and congrats on the parkmaker spot!

Becky, if you're still around... September 13th is the big game. :D

I was just thinkin about starting a topic here but I wasn't really sure you were around that much either, so glad you popped in and started us off.

My oldest son Kevin (the married one :) ) is flying out with his buddy to THE GAME but they don't have tickets to the game....are you going Cork? I'd love to go but I'm saving up to go to London next spring to visit my middle son Eric (otherwise known as AP here). Eric graduated with his architecture degree and went back to work at KPF in London for a year or so saving money for grad school. On a side note, he wanted to ask you what you thought of USC for grad school...but anyhoo, on with college football!

Not sure why USC is above OSU because I would flip flop that but I do think once again we are the two teams to beat this year, so THE GAME will define each of our seasons. Georgia, also good, but how many starters have they lost to arrests??

Missouri should be in there...I think they will be stronger than Oklahoma, who I think are always over-rated (I'm sure that will get Pyro posting in a heartbeat :lol: ) and of course Florida will be good this year too. LSU same problem as Georgia, too many wild childs getting arrested.

Even if we do beat USC, everyone will trash talk the Buckeyes the rest of the year due to our EASY schedule...which I really cannot disagree..tis easy once again. I wish they would schedule better, but what, they schedule these things years in advance 8@

Of course, I'm always happy if we just beat Michigan...which is a no-brainer once again this year....oh yeah....here comes RIDE 6 ;)

Edited by Buckeye Becky, 05 August 2008 - 10:27 AM.

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Even if we do beat USC, everyone will trash talk the Buckeyes the rest of the year due to our EASY schedule

I say this in seriousness and impartiality; the loser of this game effectively kills its national title hopes, unless some late season craziness happens again. Both the Big 10 and the Pac 10 appear pretty weak, comparatively this year, so the one loss team could run the gauntlet in its division and still get derided for an "easy" schedule. Although I do think Ohio State has more to lose than USC, because of the Big 10 stigma and OSU's BCS stigma (which, objectively, is not fair, since you can't judge this year's team on prior history, but it's fun to rag you guys for it. :lol: ). Of course, both teams have to get through their season openers, and USC faces a Virginia team that *could* catch them sleeping, since the first game is always a crapshoot.

For 'SC, our defense will have to man the fort as our young offense gets acquainted with each other. Hopefully, though, we see some explosive things happening. And this year, I'm not taking anything for granted. Two straight years we've had our BCS date cut short by a stupid upset loss (UCLA and Stanford) that cost us the season.

--

I couldn't get tickets to the 'SC/OSU game. They were only sold online, the the site was basically down for hours because of such high traffic. I'll probably watch it with friends at a big party or something.

If Missouri loses a game this year, they're practically toast, because their schedule is WEEEEEEAK... :D

OU... doesn't matter in regular season anymore It's about whether or not they pull a Notre Dame in their bowl game. :p

Georgia is the team to beat. The SEC is seemingly tougher than ever. We'll see how all of this balances out, but one thing's for sure: controversy, however irritating, makes for a fun ride!

Corky.... USC sucks.

Yeah, the Gamecocks are kinda crappy. The Trojans, however, are hated for their dominance. It's understandable. I mean, I'd be jealous too if I didn't live here. ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Miami mothtafcukas! :comeandgetsome:
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Looking forward to 10/18 and a finished stadium this year.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Miami mothtafcukas! :comeandgetsome:

ACC what?
  • gir%s's Photo
    The ACC & SEC are the only conferences I bother watching. But hey, Kumba, I'm excited to have Miami come up here (NC State) for the last game of the season, it should be interesting.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3528767
    Man... things are getting sad over at UCLAland... starting QB Ben Olsen broke his foot. Again. The Bruins will be effectively starting their season with their third string quarterback, whoever that turns out to be. :lol:
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    Va tech could be ACC champs.

but my team, Marshall is lost in CUSA trying to get back to their former glory.

I think they'll go 7-5... :'(
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Yes, VT will be ACC champs.

And Corky, USoCal sucks! lol.... had to clear that one up!

Edited by Mike Robbins, 14 August 2008 - 08:52 PM.

• gir%s's Photo
    I would like to see Clemson win it and Clemson v. VT would be nice to see at least because they'll fill Raymond James up. I have my doubts though because Beemer is a much more competent coach than little Bowden.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Yes, VT will be ACC champs.

And Corky, USoCal sucks! lol.... had to clear that one up!

Hahaha... the same USoCal that destroyed VaTech a few years ago? That has destroyed Auburn, Arkansas, and Nebraska in their home-and-home sets?

Yeah... the closest thing to USC sucking might be our Song Girls, but most people welcome that type...
  • gir%s's Photo
    Damnit it's tough being an NC State fan...injury after injury, loss after loss.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Eh, although I want Michigan to beat OSU very badly, I know they won't. Oh well.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Stanford won!!!! WTF?!?!?!? :lol:

(So is this their first time being above .500 in like, twenty years?)
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo
    ^I'd be a little afraid of that Cork...remember, last year :bunny:

Anyhoo, we are supposed to be getting the Big Ten Network before the game, so hopefully that will happen. Although, I'm pretty sure that we will beat Youngstown State anyway :p but I'd still like to see all three QBs perform...

Countdown to USC.... :mantis:
  • postit%s's Photo

Stanford won!!!! WTF?!?!?!? :lol:

(So is this their first time being above .500 in like, twenty years?)

:)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading