Theme Park Discussion / Busch Gardens Europe

• mattec222%s's Photo
    http://www.buschgard...essannouncement

It might not be major rides, but it sounds like major layout and boundry change. I know that they will pull this off well, just like everything else they do.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    I love Busch Gardens but I hate Sesame Street.

They should have a Norwegian section.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Eh... I don't see this as a good thing, necessarily. There is no way they're going to get Sesame Street to blend with the rest of the park.

-ACE
  • mattec222%s's Photo
    It's a good thing because it shows that ImBev, who bought busch won't be neglecting the park
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    So the buyout did happen? **** I thought it fell through. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

This world is going to ******* **** after all, it seems.

ANYWAYS, mattec222 makes a good point.

Then again, putting in a Seseme Street area is kind of like comitting suicide. Ugh.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Kevin, your signature is extremely ironic.
  • marsh%s's Photo
    SESEME STREET!?!?! That sounds real f***ing gay

Edited by marsh, 23 August 2008 - 05:57 PM.

• Highball%s's Photo

It's a good thing because it shows that ImBev, who bought busch won't be neglecting the park

inbev is in the process of fully acquiring busch. once thats done, they WILL be selling the busch parks. thats the usual round of news from screamscape and such lately.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Yeah I'm pissed off at InBev for buying out my hometown's biggest attraction.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    I'm so upset about this that I can not recall being more upset since 9/11.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    well i believe that inbev will allow busch to still be run out of st. louis, but it still sucks that they got bought out. apparently many companys are looking into buying the busch parks. i think blackstone was one, and even though i know it wont happen, disney has supposedly eyed the seaworld orlando parks. i personally hope that the busch family buys them. that was a persistent rumor once the buyout happened, but i havent heard anything on it since.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Well me and Highball agree for once.

I am getting more depressed every second. We can still hope and pray that this falls through, however. I am so sick of everything leaving America!! If I see "Made in China" one more time I'm going to murder someone!!

I personally agree that I hope the Busch family buys back the parks, at least the BG parks. Honestly, everything related to them is so historical it is just tragic.

p.s. Highball I recently realized your DisneySea should've been a Concept Creation, even though it is about as good as a normal Spotlight.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

inbev is in the process of fully acquiring busch. once thats done, they WILL be selling the busch parks. thats the usual round of news from screamscape and such lately.

Fuck.

Frankly, that's a stupid idea on their part -- the parks seem to be profitable. Though that's likely because Busch has done an excellent job running them. I don't see anyone else being able to.

-ACE
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ******* ****

What's the point in doing this? Honestly this is worse than swearing because it's so fucking obnoxious.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I honestly think that having a Sesame Street section is... sort or tasteless. I think that they should be more original with their sections. So to speak. I think that it's possible to have a theme to your sections and still be original with it. But to bring in a Sesame Street section? That's like sticking a Mortal Kombat area in Disneyland.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    This new Sesame Street section is not a big deal. It is being built on the former petting zoo site which closed and hasn't been used in years. It is also only about 2 acres in size. One thing BGW lacked was stuff for kids and now they will have it. The common visitor will never even see this area because of the location. And do you really think Busch Gardens will really make this section tacky with huge Big Bird cardboard cutouts? No. They will somehow make it flow and work.

In my opinion, they need to change "New France" (A.K.A., Quebec) to Switzerland.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    Yay! Sesame Street!
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Well, Mr. Robbins, if you didn't lead the Station Park 2003-2004 team I'd probably call you a jackass.

However, since you did, I won't.

What you said will hopefully make sense.

And Switzerland would be great. LOL Quebec isn't even in Europe, but that's because BGE used to not be called "Europe." The only thing is, is when I think of Switzerland-themed areas, I think of inverted roller coasters, and they already have Alpengeist. They should also make a Norway section to get the Noridc lands in on it.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Well thanks for the non jack ass reply. lol.

Like I said, Busch Gardens always seems to make it work out whatever they do.

And BGE used to be BGWilliamsburg, yes..... but it has always been European themed. It was originally Busch Gardens: The Old Country.
  • Highball%s's Photo
    for kids, it looks good. lots of colors and sights that will catch their eye. like mike said, its off the beaten path so luckily i wont have to see it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading