Related Games / Ermont Piers

• MF72 %s's Photo
    Hey all. New park from me here. It's nowhere near completion, so sorry if it happens to look unfinished. This is only the first of 4 piers that the park is built upon, so when this pier is done, it will be the 2nd smallest. Most of the pictures of this pier will be in an old photo style, just because this was the first of the 4 to be built. The piers were originally owned by Dr. James Ermont, until he died, in which his son Daniel got it. He then died, leaving the ownership to Ryan, the current owner. He has finally finished the park to what it will be...

Posted Image
    Cyclone from Lake Ermont. Pic from Dumplace

Posted Image
    Nearly the whole pier from one of the skyscrapers across Ermont Street. In the picture you can see Cyclone, SkyWheel, Tilt-A-Whirl, Screamin' Eagle, and Floundering Ferry. The only ride missing? Grand Carousel.

Posted Image
    First part of the pier from Screamin' Eagle. You can see the skyscrapers across Ermont Street, which will be expanded, not just one tile of them, and I think the Grand Carousel.

Posted Image
    Floundering Ferry on top of the only restaurant on this pier, The Ermont. You'll notice a lot of things are named after James Ermont.

Posted Image
    Photo of the Ermont Arcade. (See what I mean?) This is the main arcade on the pier. It has games like the game where you throw the ball into a bucket, the milk can game, and others.

That's all for now. If you couldn't tell, the park is NOT peep-friendly. I wanted it to look as realistic as possible, sorry if it doesn't look that way.

So, comments and criticism are suggested, so there you have it. Unfortunately, school takes up almost all of my time, and I usually only have about an hour on the computer other than weekdays, so this won't be updated very often.

Thanks in advance,

~MF72
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    ehh.
    its okay.
    think it would look better with different transtions or w/e there called.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    If I could change the transitions I would. Trust me.
  • ClockworkMyr%s's Photo
    Frontier did an appalling job on transitions, which is something beyond the player's control to alter. But for the park you've got right now MF, I love it. :D

P.S. None of my parks are peep-friendly either. I'm always running them down with roller coaster trains.

Edited by ClockworkMyr, 19 September 2008 - 08:10 PM.

• MF72 %s's Photo

Frontier did an appalling job on transitions, which is something beyond the player's control to alter. But for the park you've got right now MF, I love it. :D

P.S. None of my parks are peep-friendly either. I'm always running them down with roller coaster trains.

Sweet, glad you like it. P.S. I love doing that when I'm bored.

OK, more of the park. I'm only showing half of the pictures I have, and I'll show the other half later. I am pretty much done with this pier, if anyone cares.

Posted Image
    I thought this was a cool-looking picture from Yellowjacket, a new ride.

Posted Image
    The new Yellowjacket area and games area. This is back in the way end of the pier, you could probably see it in the first post. Big grey area.

Posted Image
    Sweet picture, IMO.

That's half! So, if anyone cares...more is coming probably mid-tomorrow. See you then.

Thanks in advance,

~MF72
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    This is actually really cool for RCT3. I like how the boardwalk isn't just flat- there are stairs etc. And it really screams boardwalk to me. However, those skyscrapers in the back look terrible.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

This is actually really cool for RCT3. I like how the boardwalk isn't just flat- there are stairs etc. And it really screams boardwalk to me. However, those skyscrapers in the back look terrible.

Thanks, glad to hear that! Also, they do? I kind of thought they looked sweet. What don't you like about them? Maybe this will change your mind:

Posted Image
    Part of Cyclone and the skyscrapers. Please ignore the unsupported area. That's supported now.

Posted Image
    You can almost see everything!

Pier 2
    Posted Image
    Lakeside Looper from Pier 1.

Hope you like it.
  • ClockworkMyr%s's Photo

Personally I found them to be okay... But maybe they aren't too fitting for this park. MF, I'd recommend that one hilly background with the autumn trees for this sorta thing.

The shuttle loop looks sweet, wish you could do something with the loop support... Keep the incline level though, no shuttle loops I know of in real life do that at the top. Station looks good btw.

Edited by ClockworkMyr, 20 September 2008 - 12:55 PM.

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    Impressive. I think you could do well with RCT2, as it's basically the same in terms of customization.

You must have a top notch system to put all this detail into a park, and make it fairly large. What you have there so far would have a ton of lag on my computer. And I'm expecting there to be much more, too.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

Impressive. I think you could do well with RCT2, as it's basically the same in terms of customization.

You must have a top notch system to put all this detail into a park, and make it fairly large. What you have there so far would have a ton of lag on my computer. And I'm expecting there to be much more, too.

Thanks. And don't worry. This is only 1 of the 4 piers. This is actually the 2nd smallest too. So...there's a lot more to come.

Personally I found them to be okay... But maybe they aren't too fitting for this park. MF, I'd recommend that one hilly background with the autumn trees for this sorta thing.

The shuttle loop looks sweet, wish you could do something with the loop support... Keep the incline level though, no shuttle loops I know of in real life do that at the top. Station looks good btw.

Oh, I see. I thought he meant he didn't like the ones I made. Autumn would look very good, so I'll change it. I want to keep the straight incline, but I can't because it'd be way too tall, because it doesn't need to go that high. The way I have it is the perfect height.
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Hey more from me here. Work on the second pier has exploded, and I'm actually about 85% done with it already. Whoo!

Posted Image
    Meteorite 1 (Yet to be named) and The Zip.

Posted Image
    The 3 big attractions on this pier are crammed together at the back of the pier. Giant Slide, Return of the Mummy, and Lakeside Looper.

Posted Image
    The layout of "Return of the Mummy".

Posted Image
    Aaah. Look out! It's Kumba!

Posted Image
    Cool lookin' picture, huh?

Posted Image
    Pier Zwei/Pier Dos/Pier Two
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I prefer the first pier much more. Much more detailed, and had a better atmosphere. Maybe try a wood floor or something?
  • MF72 %s's Photo

I prefer the first pier much more. Much more detailed, and had a better atmosphere. Maybe try a wood floor or something?

1. I must agree with you on that, but after seeing this comment, I changed it a bunch, and it's much more cramped, like a pier would be.
    2. Wood floors would look good, but I can't use them. The concrete I am using is available in a half tile style, while the wood is not, and that's necessary for the thin queues.

No update yet, but more soon!!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    that slide looks freaking intense.
  • MF72 %s's Photo

that slide looks freaking intense.

It is. ;D

New update here! More nearly finished pics of Pier 2, as well as some "artist's renderings" of what's to come on Pier 3. Pier 3 is the 2nd largest pier of the four, and has the most coasters, with 2. Now, enough chit-chat, here's we go!

Posted Image

Pier 2, from behind.

Posted Image
    Pier 2, from the front.

And for Pier 3....*Note* Pictures are extremely unfinished!!
    Posted Image
    New style I thought I'd try for Pier 3. I think it looks pretty cool. Here is Deja Vu. Similar to most inverted boomerangs, except that the lift is vertical, similar to Deja Vu in that matter.

Posted Image
    A picture to show the queue. I really like the way the queue interacts with the supports and ride.

Posted Image
    The single-greatest coaster of any park of all time is....Junior Coaster 1.

So that's all for now. I am gonna be working on this as much as I can, so there could be an update if not tomorrow, then Thursday.

Thanks everyone in advance,

~MF72

EDIT: Sorry about the big pics, I can't change them!

Edited by MF72 , 23 September 2008 - 05:17 PM.

• ClockworkMyr%s's Photo
    Um, don't put pastel filters on the pics, just give them fully man. They look good so far, pretty good supports on the Deja Vu. I like the design of the Junior Coaster as well, I always end up making them some massive, open design, which is never what I want... :( Nice job anyways. :)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I'm liking the new pier, but the junior coaster has a sort of awkward layout. It's hard to get those right, though. My main criticism now would be the space between the piers should be larger.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading