General Chat / Body Modification

• Casimir%s's Photo
    Do you guys have any of those?
    I got my first piercing on saturday (lower lip, left side) and I'm pretty satisfied =D
    In 6 weeks, I will change the basic stud into a black "horseshoe" (3/4 ring with two globes)
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Both my ears are double pierced and I have two tattoos.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Guess what I have to say about all this?

Just kidding, though I find earrings on guys look feminine, and rings on ALMOST all other parts of the body are disgusting and not at all attractive. But to each his or her own.

Tattoos: You often hear Christians criticizing tattoos, but I fail to see anything in the BIBLE that says don't get tattoos or whatever the Bibical equivalent is, and don't say it hurts the Temple of God, because getting tattoos does not cause permanent damage. Now, if you were doing hereoin many times a hour, that would be a bit obscene.

I have neither, I once though of getting a Cross tattoo on my shoulder but most of family doesn't approve and I'd rather my family approve of what I do than be a rebel.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i hate these things. they look awful and unnatural. i like it when people look healthy both physically and psychologically.
    and, meretrix chinese chara tattoo means "strength, strong, intense". you were gonna ask anyway.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Yes, thanks Posix...I had absolutely NO idea what that symbol meant when I decided to PERMANENTLY attach it to my body in ink.

P.S. It's Japanese, not Chinese.
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    I actually think that tattoos are an expression of one's self. It has to mean something, though. You know, a name, a symbol, a design, etc. Objects (swords, naked chicks, skulls) don't really cut it. And I don't like tattoos that are in odd or obscure places. I'd mention a few, but I don't want to be banned.

I find piercings anywhere other than the ear or tongue extremely disturbing. Especially the eyebrow. I don't know why, but I find that worse than a nose piercing.

As soon as I turn 18, I'm going to get a tattoo. Not sure what of yet, but I know I will.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    @Kevin - my cousin is a real devout Christian and he isn't against tattoos. he has a cross on his heart, as well another one all down his right shoulder (i haven't seen it in awhile so i can't remember what the symbol was, but i remember it was religious).
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Oh, and @Meretrix: How much did those cost?
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    None on me. Piercings seem too annoying and hazardous. I have no big problems with tattoos, but I'd only consider one if it had intensely deep, immutable meaning for me. I can't think of anything that even remotely qualifies.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo

Oh, and @Meretrix: How much did those cost?

The "Strength" tat was $150 and the Ankh was $250
  • Brent%s's Photo

Tattoos: You often hear Christians criticizing tattoos, but I fail to see anything in the BIBLE that says don't get tattoos or whatever the Bibical equivalent is, and don't say it hurts the Temple of God, because getting tattoos does not cause permanent damage.

I'll get back to you on this one...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I have a labret in my lower right lip. I want a half sleeve on my right arm, but I don't know what to get yet. Think it's best to wait.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    While I'm not staunchly opposed to them, I find any tattoo larger that a few square inches pretty unattractive.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Just the one tattoo, but i'm planning my first sleeve at the moment.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ^ legtatget

ps: the quiz in your sig? It said i was 0% dumb.

I am offended that it is calling me dumb =(
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    none at the moment, but i'm definitely getting one while i'm here in the big D-land.. treble clef on my right hand below my thumb, and bass clef below my thumb on my left hand, so that when you put them together they are across from each other.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I have a giant bar through the end of my penis
  • Old Red%s's Photo
    ...wait until y'all are my age...those tattoos will look sad...

...still alive and kickin'...
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ^Old man, ya got a lotta nerve comin' back ere' after wat' YOU did...

... =P
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    ^ wait...what did he do? Enquiring Minds want to know!!!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading