RCT Discussion / Windows 7 & RCT

• RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ yes you can still get it as they extended the window. I believe the download link will be up for another day or two. You will then need to register within a few days after that.

Here is the official link to start the process

http://www.microsoft...a-download.aspx

James
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    In case anyone is interested, they have released the Windows 7 Release Candidate. The RC will be available at least through July, and they're not limiting the number of downloads or product keys. So you have plenty of time. In addition, the RC will be good for use until 3-1-2010 before it starts to warn you to remove it.

I've been using Win7 since the beta came out and love it and am looking forward to seeing the changes int he RC as there were a few minor things that didn't work correctly in the first beta.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    So far so good since I put on the RC last week... RCT2 is working just fine *knocks on wood* but have yet to try to install RCT/LL.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ Good to hear

I'll reload RCT2 in a couple of weeks.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I've been using the Release To Manufacturer (RTM) edition for a few days now, and RCT2 is working fine for me (after I got some trouble with getting the resolution right)..
    8cars works too, without all the problems Vista had. Zero-clearances, restore clearances, map object manipulation, freeze weather are all working, so I'm sure the other functions work too.. Son of Beast works too (tried rotating the entrance), so is WinHack.. So I think we're all set!

I'll try RCT1 and RCT3 soon and let you know if it all works..

SF
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Is your RTM registered? I have it downloaded, but have yet to install it. I just read up on another workaround for it, so I may finally do that today.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Ok, bad news, the ride edit-raise/lower feature doesn't work in windows 7.. Tried all compatibility modes but it doesn't work.. Even tried XP-mode but can't run rct2 from the virtual machine because it can't run with graphics card hardware..

If anyone has really old builds of 8cars (like pre 1.20) can you send it to me?

SF
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Thought I'd bump this rather than start a new W7 topic. Has anyone had any problems with taking screens? It tells me it saved the screen, but it's not in the usual RCT2 folder and when I do a search for the file it says none found. I tried print screen as well and the only thing that pasted is blackness.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Win7 has two "Program Files" folder locations. Check the one listed below. They should be there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
  • Highball%s's Photo

Win7 has two "Program Files" folder locations. Check the one listed below. They should be there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

That's the first place I checked and there's nothing there.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Search for a button at the top with 'show compatibility files', they might be under that. (It was the same in Vista, and since the drivermodel // underlaying of W7 is almost exact the same as Vista, I think it is the same here). 

However I am not sure, but I have Win 7 Ultimate ordered last night, so that should be in tomorrow / wednesday. 

I have a question too, but I think I won't get the answer here because it is hard; 

Did anyone already tried to run RCT2 from an SSD (Solid State Disk)? I ordered one last night (same as with Win 7) and I might put RCT2 on that one :) (Loading a savegame, well, you won't see the loading screen anymore :D
  • RMM%s's Photo
    will LL work with any version of windows 7? i was thinking about upgrading to get LL to work on this laptop that currently has Vista. i noticed that the website says windows 7 pro has the ability to run XP programs. i know it's probably safe to say that most use Home Premium and it works fine but i'm just playing it safe and asking.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    LL works fine on vista :S
  • RMM%s's Photo
    i can't get dragonsIOA or codex to work right. done everything. everything.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Really? Just setting the theme to classic mode works for me
  • RMM%s's Photo
    yea it let's me run it that way. but when I click on ride tools it freezes up. and I can't get codex to work at all.
  • posix%s's Photo
    all ll trainers worked fine for me as well on both vista and now 7-64bit. like jj said, you need to disable aero glass by editing the rct.exe's properties where you can choose something like "do not use visual styles" or so. it will always switch windows to the basic theme as soon as you run the exe.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I'm on 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Codex does not work for me unless there is another program running that disables aero before I try to run codex- so I always launch 4cars first, then codex.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I always just switch to classic. I don't like aero that much anyways.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    but the web2.0 gloss, milo!

the GLOSS!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading