News / NE Awards 2008: Feb 15th, 11:30AM PST / 2.30PM EST / 8.30 GMT

• posix%s's Photo

Posted Image

The NE Awards 2008 voting is pretty much complete and most winners have emerged. It is time to announce the ceremony details. If you haven't cast your vote yet, please do so by clicking here.

This topic is to let you know about all organizational matters concerning the awards event. When it will happen, how you can be a part of it, what to expect, etc. Also, we want to let you know about the "NE Awards Prediction Game" that will be held. But first thing's first.

Schedule
    • Date: Sunday, February 15th, 2009
    • Time: 11:30AM PST / 1.30PM CST / 2.30PM EST / 8.30PM GMT
    • Location: NE IRC Chat (the site will redirect to the chat during the awards)
    Prediction Game

http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=19814

The idea is to predict who will win in each category, and demonstrate how well you understand the community and the game. You enter your predictions into the poll. You will notice it is identical to the original awards poll where you chose your favorites, just that this time, the objective is different. The winner is determined by a "correct prediction ratio", which will be calculated once the award voting ends. At the beginning of the ceremony, before the actual winner announcements, the results of the prediction game will be published.

The prize is an "NE Access All Areas" pass for 30 days. It will grant you the option to become panelist, and take part in accolade decision making by giving your vote like a real panelist, or, in case you wouldn't like to do that, join the "release preparation" forum where you will be able to download all future NE accolades before they are being released.

A few additional rules
    • You must choose in the chat after the results are released what option you want to choose. Your member group will immediately be upgraded.
    • If you are already in the "release preparation" member-group, you will only have the option to become a panelist.
    • If you are a panelist, you have access to both forums already, meaning there is no prize we can give you other than the recognition of being the winner.
    • If there are ties, we will break them with guestimations in the chat.
    • Admins are not allowed to participate.
    After the Prediction Game
    When the prediction game has ended, we will turn to announcing the award winners one by one. All winners will receive the winner signatures like we have had them last year, too. The links to the images will be sent via private messages.

Overall Estimated Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours

We hope to meet all of you in the chat and have a good time together! It would be nice if you can reply whether you will make it or not. If we should find too many people won't be able to show up, the date can still be shifted to one week later.

Else, make sure you make yourself presentable and see you on Sunday! :mantis:
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Sorry. I won't be able to make it. Ski trip in Tahoe. Sounds like it's gonna be fun though. Is there any way you could put up a log of what was said in chat, like they did on Avenged?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I'll be there :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I should be able to make it.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Woah at the length ^_^.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I should be able to be there, though I'd probably be chattier the following week.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Ill be there,hopefully out of my mind
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Woah at the length ^_^.

I found that odd myself as past years the whole thing would take like 30-45 mins and we had twice as many awards then. Id guess it will be much less then 2-2:30 hours.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I'll make it assuming I wake up before 2.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I should be able to make it for at least an hour of the awards.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Haven't really been around for anything lately, but the last ceremony here turned out to be a priceless experience, so I'll make every effort to attend.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    nice to see you around here again, ling.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    If I don't win all the awards I will have lost faith in mankind completely.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Woah at the length ^_^.

what she said.

you say that every year tE
  • Ling%s's Photo
    tE, you weren't even nominated for half the categories. ...Wait, and you still have faith in mankind?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I should actually make it this year :)
    I shall be at work but what the hell.
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    15th, no
    22nd, yes ;)
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    ich kann's leider nicht schaffen :(

skifahren ;)
    vielleicht am nächsten samstag?
  • posix%s's Photo
    we might be completely mistaken about the length now that you mentioned it. we'll see.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

15th, no
    22nd, yes ;)

What is happening on the 22nd? Did I miss something?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading